Sunday, June 18, 2023

Landscape, Quilts, and Family

 Hello friends and family

I may get back into the swing of things yet. 

First I want to let the anonymous commenter about my red and white rose is called Scentimental.  Mine doesn't appear to have long stems but I'm happy with it either way. LOL  My first bloom on my rose.  Can't wait for more.  

To my 2nd anonymous commenter on the Doctor, taxes and Chaos post. LOL, you're right no one died and we're all healing up just fine. I understand about the working and dealing with chaos. I was trying to work when my mother's dementia started along with her being paranoid about things while my step-Dad was out of town.  I'd get a call and I'd drive about 40 miles to my Mom and get her settled down. We all do what we have to. Family. It's just me for my Mom.
Recently Pamela's friend Spenser posted a picture of her boys on facebook and I noticed the quilt they were laying on. It's the one I made for her oldest boy Ellis.  Awwww. I believe he has gotten taller than the quilt these days. Emmott is the baby. It's nice to see her using the quilt. That's why I made it. Didn't want her to put in a closet to keep safe. Makes me happy.
We have a big couch and Bruno was taking up most of it but Sadie found the smallest spot to curl up right behind him. LOL   And then she wanted to turn upside down. She's a mess.
Pamela and Kaleb have the boys this month for a couple of weeks. So they took them to the Brazos Expo Center last weekend for the Dinosaur Expo. The boys had a blast.
They were dressed to for a dinosaur exploration..    They were sure about this dinosaur.  They kept looking back at him to make it wasn't trying to get them.

But they had lots of fun!

And that's the important thing.





On June 8 I had to go to my surgeon for a 6 week follow up. Yay. Knee is healing but it's not wanting to bend the required 135 degree range of motion.  I got it up to 100 but doctor wants 110. And as time has progressed the best I've done is 97 lately. So I'm not looking forward to the next visit if the knee doesn't perform properly.  The doctor has told be he would put me back in the hospital and put me out so he could manipulate the knee.  This way he can break up the scar tissue that keeps building up.  Sounds peachy. NOT! I've got two more PT sessions but they're not looking promising.
After our doctor visit we went to find something to eat and ended up in Old Town Spring at our old stomping ground, Puffabelly's. We used to go there to see and listen to Davin James and his various guest.
The place has changed inside but the food was still very tasty.  
Miss going there on Thursday nights for live up close music.


My youngest niece, Emily that I used to call the Tiny Dancer is expecting her first baby. Living in Texas means that I don't get back to Missouri so easily or often. But my sister & Emily shared pictures from the baby shower.  At least I get to live through the pictures.  
       
Recently I went to lunch with my neighbors Linda and Gloria. They came to pick me up since I haven't been driving. When we walked out Linda teased David that he was slacking because these pots had dead plants in them.  She started laughing. She said that he always has the prettiest landscape around. She told me that if she tried to landscape like this they'd have to be plastic and with the Texas heat they'd probably melt. LOL.. So after that David went and bought plants to put in the pots and at this time he has put out multiple yards of mulch. He just went and got another trailer full to finish off all the flower beds. Then he plans to start spreading it.
Tuesday, June 13th the Gause Girls had our book club meeting at Cameron Beer Market in Cameron. Only 6 out of 12 members could make it this time but life does happen.  It was a great place to meet. We could hear everyone's comments and the food was yummy.   Our book this month was Blowback by James Patterson.  Starts semi slow and then it explodes into action. One crazy president with an agenda and ready to push the Red button. Every Chapter seemed to end with a cliffhanger and you couldn't stop reading or listening. We all really liked the book and would recommend it.
So the quilting bee I go to suggested that we all make a log cabin quilt using a fabric of our choice if we didn't want to use Kaffe Fassett fabric. Well I have lots of the fabric so I decided to use it. I think I have enough cut to make another smaller quilt. We'll see. This line of fabric all works well with each other and I made mine very scrappy. The block, the setting triangles and the binding. It's bright and colorful. And I finally finished it. My friend Donna Lynn at Donna's Lavender Nest quilted it with a quilt theme called Double Bubble. I love it. I made a simple triangle label for the back. This one I'm keeping.
   
David drove me into PT early the other day so we could stop at a garden in Bryan called the Idea Garden so I could take pictures of my quilt.

That's it for now. 
Soo until next blog post..    "I have never known any distress that an hour's reading did not relieve." ~ Montesquieu

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So fun listening to your adventures.