Thursday, June 29, 2023

Still Trudging Along & Special Visitors

 Let me start with a Yahoo.  Went to my 8 week follow up visit with the surgeon Thursday 6/22 and he's not gonna hurt me. LOL. He had scared me at my 6 week visit that if I didn't get to a range of motion of 110 degrees that he was going to stick me back in the hospital, sedate me and manipulate my knee himself. Scared me to tears. I didn't get to 110 but he said 95 was a good start. He feels certain I'll get there or close to it by the 12 week visit.  I sure hope so because my knee wants to bend. But he suggested the physical therapist increase the intensity.  Yay not so much.

I wanted to do something for David on Father's Day even though we had celebrated the weekend before with Pamela and Kaleb. So I suggested I take him to lunch and maybe go to the Rising Sun Vineyards in McDade to pick up our wine. And off we went. We went to the winery first and ordered a drink. I got a Red Wine Sangria and David got a Watermelon Cooler. Both were very tasty.  We walked over to the event barn to get our wine bottles and apparently food. As members we got free food.   We were served a combo of brisket and pulled pork sandwich with a spicy mac n cheese with beans.  I ate what I could and passed the rest to David. He didn't decline. 


After we ate we walked outside to one of the picnic tables that was in the shade to finish our drinks. It was a bit breezier out there than in the barn. Because yes it was HOT everywhere.


So David got him some wine and we got feed but I still owe him lunch or dinner since this one was free.  Which he got the next day. I took him to dinner at El Charro in Cameron. 
Of course I can't post a blog with something about the pups. (Over sized lap dogs)  Well David tossed the ball down the hall toward the front door of which Bruno retrieved and promptly jumped onto the recliner arms. He literally straddled David by balancing on the arms of the chair. Can you see the yellow ball behind David's neck? Bruno dropped the ball on top of David's head and proceeded to give him kisses. Crazy dog.. Never a dull moment.


Friday, 6/23 I went to PT on my own. I've driven myself to PT about 3 times and I think David is ready to turn me loose. LOL. Anyway I had a nail appointment set up and I knew he wouldn't want to wait around for that. Pamela also had an appointment at the same time so we met up and she took me to lunch at a new place to me anyway. A place called the Taco Bar.
I ordered two street tacos. One was beef fajita and the other was shrimp. I was thinking since that they are small like they'd fit in the palm of my hand I could handle two. 
Nope, only 1 1/2 and basically even the half I ate. I primarily ate the shrimp inside.  They were very tasty though.  I'll go back again.  

Last week I got an email from one of my book club members letting me know the band she plays in would be playing Saturday, 6/24 at the Pony Express. I asked David if we could go and we did. Peggy is the drummer. When she plays with them the band name is known as the Southern Groove but when the regular drummer plays, the band is called the Road Kings.  Whatever the name the band is good. They played a lot of oldie but goldies. Really enjoyed listening to them. Thanks to Peggy for letting me know.

David loves to landscape. The Belinda Dream roses line the front of the house and have been blooming like crazy. I'll have to catch them blooming when they're fresh but I took this one of a single bloom. The heat is turning the petals brown semi quickly. 
Tuesday, 6/27 we had a special visitor, well several visitors. Our Godchild Michelle was in from Indiana visiting her parents and she came up for a visit. We got to meet her baby girl Eloise for the first time. She's even cuter in person.  Michelle, Eloise, Michelle's Mom: Gigi and her Abuela: Selma came to the farm for a visit.  They took Eloise out to feed the donkey, Jerry. I was working on finishing up lunch. I should have told David to take pictures.  I heard Eloise did a great job feeding Jerry and Jerry behaved himself too.  It was so great seeing them all. Pamela came up and joined us too. Gigi is Pamela's Godmother.
It was a wonderful day. 
Well I finished a quilt top and it's on its way to the quilter. I'll share pictures when it's done and the recipient has received it. It came out really cute and can't wait to share. 
It's been a year and almost 2 months since my bariatric surgery and I've lost 86 pounds. My goal is to lose another 70 at least. I've hit several plateaus along the way but I'm still working on it. I've hit one now in fact and I'm sure it's due to not walking like I was at the gym. I hope to go back to the gym in the next few days. I'm doing PT 3 days a week but that's mostly for trying to get my range of motion back since my knee replacement. I'll start slow at the gym but they have a few of the same machines at the gym that I can use to help continue those knee bend exercises plus try to walk on the treadmill. Not sure what my knee will think of that but I'll find out. And maybe just maybe I can get off this plateau.
Now off to start another quilt top.

That's it for June.

Until next blog....A quilt is something you make to keep someone you love…Warm!

2 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Keep up your exercise even after you are through with therapy. Mine still hurts at night and that's why I got it replaced in the first place. LOL.

Linda said...

Love catching up with you!!! Y’all have sun fun adventures!!!