Friday, January 15, 2021

WE GOT SNOW.

 Sunday (1/10) it snowed. I mean really snowed. I thought I was back in Missouri. It didn't stop until about 5-5:30pm. Heard on the news Gause got 7.8" of snow. WOW! We go from rain and high water to snow.  Here's some photos or this rare event....

Pamela was at work but everyone was taking turns going out to take selfies in the snow fall.

Not something southwest Texas sees every day. Everyone acts like a kid including us.

The mini Mansion - shed looks good in snow. 

The native pecan tree looks so pretty.

The snow was blowing from every direction.  It blew under the patio cover and covered the table and chairs. 

I don't think we'll be having a fire in the pit or sitting in those chairs.
The front entrance to the sidewalk looks good in the snow. 

The Rock'n K was a winter wonderland.  It's starting to melt now but the backyard still has a lot still. And our little tree in front was so loaded with ice and snow it's was touching the ground. Today it's about halfway to the ground.  David is gonna go stake it up when things dry up some.

Our hay bales look like major frosted shredded wheat. I remember the first time I heard that was in Missouri when Pamela spotted some on the road and said look frosted mini wheats. LOL
Lilley refused to go in the snow.  She accidently went bouncing out that morning and stopped in her tracks and was like 'WTH.' LOL. I did everything I could to get her to come out but she said no no no.  
Compliments of David was a sunrise picture the day after the big snow. My butt was still snug as a bug in bed.  He and Lilley were up at sunrise.
Knee update after chicken fat shot. I'm not having pain 99% of the time when I lay down in bed each evening and I'm not taking pain pills during the day.  Every now and then I'll take extra strength Tylenol to take the edge of the throbbing. They said I'd see improvement in 3-5.  I took 7.  Now if I could only walk... Still limping and using the crutch when I have to and want to walk easily.   Next doctor visit is in February.  We'll see then.
The white stuff is melting and making a muddy mess everywhere but it was fun while it lasted and I got to enjoy from inside the house.
Told you this would be a white tale of fluff.

That's it for now.
Until next blog...·        Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. ...



4 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Gorgeous photos of the snow. Love your place and your dog. Wow...sure miss having one.

Hope all turns out well with your knee.

Linda said...

Goodness that was pretty! Nothing here in the DFW area! It’s STILL wet at the ranch and even the county roads are mushy!
Hope your knee continues to improve!

Linda said...

Hope my comment went through!

Lisa Roper said...

Beautiful pictures, Carla! So wonderful and magical. Lilley is a smart dog!! What a great experience! Glad to hear your knee is getting a little better!