Sunday, January 3, 2021

Happy New Year! 2021 is here

 Hey we made it safely into 2021 but I'm gonna finish up 2020 last happenings.

On Wednesday the 30th I went to Houston to have lunch with my Godchild who drove down from Indiana with her husband to spend Christmas with her family.  It was great seeing her. Her mom (my sorority sister from college) and her Abuela joined Pamela and I at Union Kitchen in the Town Lakes complex. 

The food was great and company even better. We had to take pictures of course. We were looking directly into the sun but we wanted the tree and the water in the background instead of a restaurant and people. LOL

There were pictures taken of Gigi, Michelle and Ms Salazar but it was taken on Michelle's phone I guess. I'll have to ask for a copy to save.    Just as we started walking or me hobbling to our cars it started to sprinkle. Great timing. Michelle is very photogenic. Such a beautiful girl and smile. Of course I think my kid is pretty cute.

Pamela and I headed to my doctors appointment with the orthopaedic for a shot of chicken fat in my knee. As we drove down the Grand Parkway and Alert on our phones went off. Holy crap. It scared us to death. Pamela almost hit me she jumped so hard. It was an alert for Houston to not celebrate the new year. Stay home etcetera etcetera. Covid is serging there in many areas. But it's okay to scare people driving to almost having a wreck.

Checked into the doctors office and had to wait. They were running behind. They called me back about 30 minutes after my appointment but it was quick after that. They prepped my knee with freeze spray and then a shot for numbing. Hmmm neither one was overly numbing.  Next came the chicken fat shot. It didn't really hurt but was very uncomfortable. It made the knee feel really weird but it's done. Now to wait 3-5 days to see if I start feeling any relief and be able to walk normal.  Should give me relief for 3-6 months. Everyone is different.

After this we headed to Tomball to go see my Brother and Sister in law in their big bus. But first I needed to take some pictures of the quilt I finished for her.  She had given me all her Mom's stash when she passed. Her mom had even cut out a Sun Bonnet Sue to applique so it became part of the quilt.. I couldn't not make a memory quilt for Lynn. 
 I hadn't gotten to taken any pictures of the quilt because of my knee and now the weather but we got a break in the rain and I got a couple. 
It's a scrappy quilt with no real pattern and Donna's Lavender Nest did the quilting. And I was able to make a label with my new embroidery machine and a special note on the Sun Bonnet Sue applique..

Their motorhome was really nice. We got there and the sky opened up with a downpour so we hung out for while just talking.   Lynn seemed to truly like the quilt. I'm glad.


I also finished an Aggie Christmas quilt for Pamela to use on her couch. LOL. Only she don't have a couch. Back on the 15th she purchased a new couch and chair and asked me to take pictures of her sectional and post it wherever I post mine. Well I posted it on FB market place that night and she started getting inquiries. A lady came the next night, gave Pamela a deposit and came back on Saturday to pay the balance and pick up the couch. OOPs. Pamela was thinking the couch would be there that week. Nope. Delivery is scheduled for 1/5. LOL so she has her one arm chair set up to sit and watch TV. 

     
So I draped the quilt over the chair. No pictures outside. It was raining again.  Donna at Donna's Lavender Nest did another cute quilting job on it. I love the twinkling snow flake theme. I embroidered the label so that after being washed it won't wash away after a while.
Thursday the 31st David and I had plans with our college friends/my sorority sisters to hang out for a while. The goal was to leave before midnight to get home before any drunks hit the road. Thank goodness there weren't actually many on the road going up to Groesbeck or coming home. Our hosts were Ross and Sheryl.  We were missing our sister Gigi and her husband Tim but they were entertaining their family this year. They missed the awesome chicken pot pie and chicken chili that Ross made. Oh and the Apple Pie moonshine.  I only had a bite to eat and a shot of the moonshine. But Ross share a jar of it and I hope to drink some soon and I mean more than a shot. I might have to fight David for it because he really liked it too.  It was great seeing our good friends of all these years. We took some pictures but we're missing Gigi and the boys were so funny.  

Boys will be boys. LOL


We were enjoying ourselves so much that instead of leaving by 10:30 it was 11:50. Oops. 
So we wished each other a Happy New Year in the car. And so ends 2020.

I hope everyone had a safe and Happy New Year

We'll see if 2021 is better than 2020. Are you ready.... Let's go.
Until my next post...Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.     ~Eleanor Roosevelt



1 comment:

Linda said...

It's always so much fun to catch up with you! It's almost like sitting down and having a visit!