Monday, September 7, 2020

WOW

 This is one of Lilley's favorite spots if she's not following one of us or supervising 

David from under his work desk or 

in front of the bookcase in my sewing room while I'm sewing or working on the computer. She's our sweet Lovable fur baby girl.

Now she can be a pain when she wakes up at 3am to go potty or gets sick. That wakes you up real fast. I know you animal lovers with fur babies know that sound well.  LOL

I'm not overly political but I just have to share this picture I saw on FB. With things being so ugly every over politics I thought this was appropriate.  
It seems people have forgotten their manners. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.. LOL

Wednesday 9/2 was our 42nd wedding anniversary. I guess our gift from the man upstairs was a much needed rain. YAY!  We got almost 3" by the time we got home from our adventures.
Our plan was David to finish up on some work and we head into Bryan for some lunch and then adventure time. We went to lunch at The Chicken Oil. They have some of the best burgers around. We both got the Snuffy Special. Cheese Burger, Fries and a drink. They were so darn good and so very filling. That good for me until I went to bed.
From here we headed down the road to Navasota to a cute little nursery there called June Bug. This nursery is really cute, their plants are so healthy and the prices are pretty good.
And guess what they're closed on Wednesday's. Really?! LOL. Well isn't that just great. 
So we turn around and head to the 3 antiques stores in town. Fun. We stopped at the first one and were we in for a surprise.  The outside was deceiving. It looked small but it went straight back and room to the right and the left all the way down. Wow. So much to look at.
David didn't find anything but I did.  I didn't break the bank. 
The 2nd place was okay but not alot of the stuff we like to look at. It was more about old coins, stamp and paper money. And the 3rd place was kinda neat and I found a couple more items. I know where's the picture.. OKay Okay.
I found a Vera Bradley purse barely used for $10. then I found the cute purple cow vase/bowl. At first I said no that's silly but then before we left I picked it up and put it on the counter.At the 3rd Place I found the Jim Shores Angel of Contentment. If your not familiar with Jim Shores, he is an artist and designer. He has various figurines but the ones I like has quilting designs on them. This one stands about 10" high. New she sells for $35 but I got her for less than $20. Then I found the little white bowl with purple flowers and then the open shoe. Got both for less that $10. Obviously the figurine will find a home on a shelf in my sewing room and little containers we become pincushions for a gift. Well I'm keeping the cow,,, mmm maybe the shoe.  They're all sew cute. My friend and quilter has created a monster. She taught me how to make them into pincushions. 
From here we headed to a quaint little town called Chappell Hill. I've been there for wineries but nothing else. I thought they might have a small antique store to check out and I knew they had a new quilt store in town.  We were taking the backs roads and admiring the landscape and homes when David saw and commented on the blue barn house and as we passed he goes "They have a quilt on the end of it".  LOL I tell him that's what I what to add to our barn and maybe our house. I explained it was either drawn and painted on wood. Some are cut into individual blocks, painted and glued/nailed back together. This one was painted.


              
I didn't see it when he did so he turned around so I could see it and take a picture.  Cool Beans!  We continue to roll down the road. We pull in to Chappell Hill and guess what nothing was open on Wednesday except the Town Museum till 4 and it was 4:15.  So much for that. LOL. We did drive around the town a bit and was impressed by all the pretty homes and properties. I couldn't even suggest we hit the wineries because they're only open Thurs - Sun.  LOL
So from here we decided to drive into Brenham Just down the road. We had just enough time to one antique store. Didn't fine anything we couldn't live without.
David was thirsty and I was getting there. But I misunderstood he wasn't talking soda or water he wanted a beer so we walked a block and half to BT Longhorn Saloon. We weren't hungry yet so we passed on food and sat by the bar and had a beer. 
Happy Anniversary to us.


We had planned on having dinner somewhere but we were too full from lunch but I wasn't worried I knew we were gonna have a nice dinner Friday (9/4) and Pamela was gonna come up and join us.  

photo by C.A.B

We went back to the Central Avenue Bistro located in Cameron. For tonight's menu David and I had Surf & Turf and Pamela got the Red Pepper Salmon that we got the first time we came. Can not complain at all. The steaks and the shrimp were awesome and Pamela loved the Salmon. Oh and this time we got a dessert to share .... The apple pecan cobbler. OMG!  With a scoop of ice cream of course. It was delicious. 
The outside looks brand new but it's really an old house that they took the time and love to renovate. 
Saturday (9/5) David and I rallied around and went out for another day of adventure. We headed back to Cameron to check out the grand opening of a new antique store called "Chelle's" on N. Houston.  They have newer vintage lookin items of all kinds and they have older items. Great little shop and awesome people who run it. Of course I made an impression big time and embarrassed myself. I was looking at a picture frame and couldn't see the price. I picked it and sure enough the price was on the back. I sat it back down and the back stand folded up and it sled down and knocked of the porcelain birds that sat in front of it and knocked it off the table. Of course leave it to me to yell 'Shit' in this quaint place  and then sorry at the same time.  I almost cried. I felt so bad but they told me not to worry about it, that things happen. David kept insisting they charge us for it but they said no.  I'll be a good child and touch nothing on my next visit. I mean these folks were so nice. We did walk out with a large framed picture, a T-towel and a jar for me to use.
 
The jar will probably be filled with sewing trinkets to display. I added my new T-towel to some of my others. The new one is in the middle. I liked the saying and the color. So far I haven't used my T-towels with sayings on them yet.  Most of them were gifts from friends. I'm sure I will in time but for now I like to display them.
And this picture will go in our bedroom I think. David saw it and really liked it.  The frame matches our furniture in the bedroom and it adds color.
From here we went to get a bit to eat at El Charro on the corner of 36 & 77 North. It was very tasty. We had section all to ourselves. That works. We'll go back one night for dinner. With our Tummies full we headed to my former coworker's family home in Cameron that they're renovating. It was Fred's mom's house. Ellen is also a fellow quilter and friend. Can't get over how big the house really is. As of right now they're gonna use it as a get away place when they need a break from the rat race in Houston. Her girls and their families love to come visit up there. The son-in-laws had Fred busy patching things up in one of the bedrooms. I was busy listening to Ellen and the tour that I smooth forgot to snap pictures. Surprise. Dang it.  Sew enjoyed our visit with Ellen and seeing her get away place. This puts her about 15 miles tops from the Rock'n K. YAY.
Now we are headed home but took the scenic route back and David wanted to check out a town not far down the road. He thought it might be something special since when he checks the weather Jones Prairie keeps popping. Well.... We went, and there was nothing there. LOL  He knows now. 
Sunday (9/6) is a day of quiet and relaxation. Sorta. David is working so he can provide me some paperwork he needs scanned into a PDF file before I go to Pamela's to watch the furry grandpups and the dentist the next day. 
I'm finishing up this post to schedule to publish and then I'm going to go work on a quilt top for someone special as a surprise so I can't share right now. I had to take a break from it because it's a lot of small pieces to sew back together after I cut it up. 

Until next post....












1 comment:

Susie said...

Happy anniversary. You and your hubby look so cute. Wishing you many more years of adventures and love. Blessings, xoxo, Susie