Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Date Night and Critter Life at the Rock'n K

 Our first date night really in months due to the virus. On 8/15 we decided to drive into Cameron which is about 12 miles down the road and check out the food and music at Central Avenue Bistro. We went to their pre-opening back before Covid and were impressed so now it was time to check out the food. We weren't disappointed. This place was an old abandoned house that they fixed up and opened it up as a restaurant. There was supposed to be a market place on the 2nd floor but Covid got in the way and now they plan on opening it up for more dining area. 

This service was great and so was the food. We both got the roasted red pepper salmon with bread and potato. The plate was prettier when I got it. I had already started eating when I thought about taking a picture. 

We had one annoying couple behind us giving their waitress a bad time for no good reason. She handled well but she should of had to. He was complaining that everyone else was getting their food and they hadn't.  Well duh people "You came in almost 20 minutes later than the rest of us"  I mean the guy was rude and further told the little waitress she needed to work on that and get their food. I let the restaurant know that the waitress was not at fault in case the couple complained to management. They were appreciative that I made them aware.  After dinner we went outside and found a place to sit and listen to some music. At this moment I forgot the guy's name who was playing but he sounded good.  There was a light breeze so it wasn't bad outside but David had been outside in the heat and we were both tired so we didn't last long. Getting old I guess.

When we got home we took Lilley outside to go potty before hitting the couch to watch the news and go to bed. She came running back up on the porch and ran to her water bowl for a drink and found this big ole toad going for a swim.  

She turned up her nose and waited for a drink until she got inside.  He has been going for a swim each evening we leave her bowl down.  

I'm a little frustrated with blogger since they changed the format because it won't let me align the pictures to the right or left of a paragraph. Instead the sentence is at the bottom corner of picture. Grr. Maybe one day they'll fix it because I haven't figured it out yet. Oh well moving on.  








This is our baby bull that was born in June. His coloring is changing from a dark black to a dark brown but he still has two dark circles around his eyes so we've named him Bandit. He's growing fast and pretty stout like his daddy Ferdinand.  And he already has little numbins for his horns.  And this is the youngest calf that we figured out is a girl.  The middle calf that I didn't get a picture of is a girl too.

 Jerry thought it was time for me and David to give him some attention. He is quite the charmer. He nudges us in the back or he tends to nibble on David's arm. The other day when we were giving the cows some medicated cubes he got all butt hurt and wouldn't go in his corral for some regular cubes. Finally he just ran to the far eastside of the property over a slight hill to pout. He wouldn't even eat out of my hand. About an hour after we went in he went in and cleaned up any sweet feed and cubes the cows didn't finish. What a brat.

Pamela called me Thursday (8/20) saying Sophie was sick. She had to take her to the vet. She had to leave her so they could observe her and so Pamela could get to work. So I went in early for my appointment that day to have time to grab Sophie once the vet assistant Wendy called and said we could come get Sophie. 

They gave her some meds and lots of lovin and no more accidents. Wendy sent Pamela this altered picture of Sophie saying she could come home.  LOL 

The following week it was time to get all beautiful and smelly good. Top Paw Pet Spa does a great job and takes a themed picture almost every time.  

     They are so darn cute when the finally behave but Lilley wasn't to impressed having that prisoner cap on. LOL   Picture one is Sophie owning it and # 3 is Bri looking all cool.

David and I love pizza but don't usually eat it unless I use the cauliflower crust.  HEB has a good cauliflower crust that I use. It comes 2 crusts per box but they're not real big so I fix both. I add a lite coat of olive oil to my stone and on top of the crust, then top with various fixings. This time it was  a lite coat of pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, sauteed mushrooms, onion, bell pepper and jalapenos, then pepperoni and another lite dusting of mozzarella cheese.  Yum Yum.  Everyone on FB asked how I made the crust so I took a picture of the brand/box. 

 

There's another brand we tried that was square. It had a strong cauliflower taste and looked more like bread and didn't hold up to eat like a pizza.

For Valentines David had brought over 2 dozen roses and this was a miniature rose in a cute decorative wood crate but David transplanted it to a bigger pot outside. Now what normally happens is it doesn't do so well and dies but not this little cutie.  It keeps on blooming. I love it. Makes me thing of peppermint candy with the little white stripes.

Oh Looky it worked this time. The picture is in line with the paragraph.

Pamela asked last week if we'd babysit her girls so she could go hang out and most likely stay the night with a friend of hers out past us in the country. I sure and that I'd bring them home the next day when I went to my doctor appointment.  Next morning as usual David got up to walk to work. 

LOL About 10 steps out of our bedroom. The youngest pup Bri gets a little noisy and David had to shut his door.  Lilley always sits outside with a sad face and tail hanging down but this day he had the three girls waiting for that door to open.


This past Friday 8/28 I went out to help David feed the cows and operate the gate. But I didn't change out of my capris and just slipped on my farm boots. So I posted on Facebook my retired country girl fashion statement.  Don't laugh too hard. 
 David took the picture and just shook his head. A girls gotta do what she's gotta do. LOL

That evening there was a gentle breeze so we decided to take happy hour to the front porch. It was National Red Wine Night so I grabbed my new wine I received from a new friend Kelli Kennedy down the road.
Tasty... Good way to end the night and this posting.  Stay safe and healthy everyone.
Until next blog post....  Common sense is the most evenly distributed quantity in the world. Everyone thinks he has enough.































1 comment:

Saimi said...

Cute post, cute cows, cute doggies, cute boots, and cute you!! So I think I know what you have to do with your pictures. Once you have them on your post look at the column box where your text can be centered or on the right or left. if you pictures are alining to the right hit the center text box and your pictures will move to the center.
Does that make sense? It works. Blogger updated on my computer and Changed everything that was familiar, drives me crazy!
Hope it works and you are able to make sense out of the instructions.