Sunday, August 16, 2020

All in a Day...

 I tell ya I can't leave David alone too long. He has been doing great. After physical therapy Thursday (8/6) his knee ached a little but other than the extra strength tylenol prescription he's not taking the painkiller tramadol. But I think he forgot he had just had the surgery a week ago. Pamela and I went to delivery a quilt and go see my Mom for her 85th birthday Saturday the 8th. David promised he'd be an Angel baby... Yeah with horns. For the most part he behaved but forgot and jumped down off the truck bed and then tripped over the crepe myrtle stump in the pasture. His knee was a little swollen that night and hurt but he iced it down and took the tramadol and is doing fine the next morning. Thank God. He goes for his follow up on Thursday (8/13). We'll see what the doctors thinks.

So Saturday(8/8) Pamela and I met up with our sweet friend Brittany who had a baby girl that chose her own due date that was a fews weeks early. She wasn't supposed to be here until September. Adelina was like 4.2# at birth on July 31st. She's still in the NICU in the Woodlands but doing well.  I had rushed trying to get a quilt done for the baby shower but baby girl arrived early. I had never done a panel quilt which really isn't that big of deal I had just never done one. Brittany wanted sunflowers and while looking for fabric I came across this panel that said "You are my Sunshine".  Perfect!

Then I found a kit only they sent the panel but backordered the fabric. Ughh. So while Pamela and I were in Fredericksburg we went fabric shopping for our own choices of fabric at Creations in Kerville and One Quilt Place in Fredericksburg and I cancelled the backorder. I think the quilt came out really cute. I tried to be artsy with this picture but the quilt kinda got lost in the flowers. I still liked the picture though. 

So I placed it on a bench so you could see more of the quilt itself.

The fun quilting theme is flowers and butterfly's. Quilting was done by my friend Donna @ Donna's Lavender Nest.

I think it came out really cute. I think Brittany really liked it.  While there taking pictures I caught this bumble bee and butterfly checking out the lantana bushes.I'm getting brave in my old age. I would have never gotten this close to a bumblebee before. The butterfly was harmless so no problem there. LOL. 

I just missed getting a picture of one that was 3 times this size. Darn it.

So we went to my Mom's to take her a cake for her birthday. Mom had a new haircut. Joe had taken her a couple of weeks earlier. It looks really cute. Apparently she complained about it being so short for several days. LOL. That's what she asked for until it was done. 
     







 

Now this is what  happens when you put Pamela behind us and I'm not paying attention. 

This child is a mess. 
And again. This time I warned Mom that Pamela gave her bunny ears which m
ade Mom laugh.

While there we met their new 4-5 month old rescue pup named Que. He is all puppy. Cute, rowdy, full of energy, and all over the place. When we get to the car to leave Que decided he wanted to go too. I told Joe he was crazy. A puppy!

He takes care of Mom 24 - 7 and now he has to attend to a cute but wild little pup.



That's it for now.
Until next blog....I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine - she helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights. ~Adabella Radici





3 comments:

Annie said...

Oh, cute Sunflower quilt, Carla! I don’t think it gets lost in the flowers at all. I think it looks great in there! It’s easier to see all of it on the bench, but in the flowers is a totally creative quilt shot. How appropriate for the bumblebee and butterfly to be nearby.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Hahahaha...Momma got bunny ears. Your Sunflower quilt is so nice. What a cute pup.

chtatom said...

I love your blogs, They make me feel as though I am with you guys, Your sunflower quilt is wonderful. I liked the quilt picture in the flowers the best!!