Thursday, August 6, 2020

Rock'n K Happenings and Whatever else

Jerry is a mess. He follows right behind or right next to us when we go into the pasture. At the time of this photo David had him and the cows in the front pasture so David had to open and shut the gates as I went in and out.  Right after snapping this picture Jerry slapped David in the face with his ears as he shook his head.  LOL
Jerry is true to form and nature of a donkey.
Can you say STUBORN? LOL
Then there is the cuteness of #3 aka Daisy's new calf. 
Leaving Baylor Scott & White Clinic after cardiac rehab I looked over and saw this.  mmm. You wouldn't have been able to put a sheet of paper between these cars. That's just crazy. You know that truck had to of pushed that car. 
Gotta love these girls. Pam's co-workers on the 4th of July. They work holidays to take care of new momma's and their babies.
Speaking of babies #5 aka Sweet Tea had her baby. I was leaving to run to the store when I realize that was a new calf. It's so cute and tiny.  I decided I'd spare you the more graphic picture right after the birth. I had just missed the birth dang it. 
Poor Lilley really can't stand it when David shuts his office door.
 

David had to get him a bigger brim hat to shield his neck from the sun when mowing 
and other outside work. Gotta get used to this. It's as big as he is.   Like putting a new bale of hay out for the cows to play in eat. Ferdinand went through the bale. To his left... the hay that's at his shoulder is another cow. Can't even see it. Oh Lordy. I had a video but it decided not to work.
Our three little amigos stick together. The older 2 play hard and the little one does a good job of keeping up. Sometimes they'll lay in the back pasture in the crepe myrtles and all you'll see is little ears twitching. They are quite entertaining. They're so 
dark in color I'm having a hard time getting a good picture of them 
but I'll keep trying.
The one on the far right is a bull and he looks just like his daddy Ferdinand. Stocky. The middle one is female and the littlest one on the left is still unknown at this time.
On July 18th I went RR Retreats for the Round Robin Quilt Reveal.
I handed on my center medallion back in October and hadn't seen it since. And on this day I received a quilt top. 4 different ladies each added a border. LOVE LOVE IT. I need to add a few more borders to make it big enough for a queen size bed but what I got is awesome. It'll take me some time to figure out exactly what I want but I'll get it finished one day and I will share it again.
If you click on the picture it will take you to my smugmug gallery with the process and all 14 quilts revealed to their owners. If that don't work click on the word click in blue.  This was my 2nd round robin and I have to say it was a lot less stressful than the first. Of course not working helped but this time I kinda knew the rules and how to apply them. I see a 3rd round robin in my future but for now I'll work on my own projects.
It was like Christmas after the reveal. Each lady gave a gift to each of the ladies that worked on their quilt. A few of the ladies from the other teams gave us a gift like the tape measure in the beaded case. There's a couple things missing from the picture - like the lemon blueberry mini loaf and a few dove chocolates. Don't know what happened to them...... they just went poof.
 I don't know how the gal made this beautiful beaded case for the tape measure it but it's really cool. 
The bags on the left and in the teal tin were homemade. 
Margie made each of a set of all occasion handmade cards. The soap is homemade too. Like I said it was Christmas in July.
While I was in LaGrange Pamela brought her friends Josh and Laina up with their oldest son Thomas and their baby boy Connor. Thomas was enjoying Lilley and having a blast with Jerry.
He liked David's new big hat. He's such a cutie.
On Saturday July 24th David needed to go get more mulch and rock. He asked if I wanted to ride along and we'd stop at Edge General Store in Edge for lunch.. I wasn't going to turn down a ride to get out of the house or lunch.

The was our view. In the middle of the pond was a duck house. The building behind the willow tree will be an event venue eventually.
It was cool enough to sit outside to eat. We both had cheeseburgers on a jalapeno bun. Soooo yummy good.
On Friday, July 31st David had arthroscopic Knee surgery in the Woodlands. We were up at 4:30am and headed down the road by 5:30am. It's a 2 hour drive. eeekkkkkkkkkk. The call the day before and asked if we could get there by 5:30am. Holy shit! David said we could if we had to but explained the drive so they left our arrival time at 7:30am. I just got to drop him off. I wasn't even allowed in the building.  My first stop after dropping him off was to get a bite of breakfast and pick up his prescriptions at the pharmacy in Tomball. I got there at 8:20am and had to wait for them to open at 8:20 only the pharmacist was running late. No problem I had time to kill.  David had told me they would be texting me his status as the morning progressed.  Well I got NO texts. At 10:30am I did get a phone call saying the doctor got held up in the surgery before David's and hopefully in the 30-45 minutes they'll take David back.  So I proceed to run errands. I was gonna wave at my former co-workers  but as I pulled into the parking lot it was empty. Well crap of course it's empty it's Friday and they've been working 10 hours days to get Fridays in June and July. That was a bust.
I was gonna head to Tomball next but made a stop at our former neighbor in Lakewood. I stood outside her patio gate while she stayed on her patio. We had a great chat and she looked really good. Our house looked different with some of the yard art they had in it and several plants had died. It's there yard now.  I said my goodbyes and headed on down the road and thought mmm I wonder if my sister-in-law Glenda is at home. And she was so I stopped to talk with her for a bit and use the restroom. Important stuff. Had seen her and the family since Christmas.
She offered for me to stay at her house until I got word that David was out of surgery but I had another errand to run and wanted to head back towards the Woodlands. Surely David was in surgery and about done but then who knows since I hadn't gotten any texts. 
I dropped of a bag of fabric scraps on a friends front porch and decided I was gonna call to see what David's status was. I mean it's like 1:10pm. They tell me he's in recovery but in a lot of pain. Oh man that's not what I wanted to hear. They were gonna give him more pain meds and she'd call me back around 1:30p m.  I got back to the surgical centers parking lot around 1:40 but no call so sat and waited. Around 2pm the nurse said she'd bring him down and meet me in the front. As soon as she released him and I was ready to head out... The first words he said was find me some food.  Poor guy hadn't ate since 7pm the night before.
Found him some food and headed home. I was amazed how well he was doing. They gave him the option of getting a nerve block catheter and he took it. He said currently he didn't have any pain but after an hour and a half passing through Bryan he commented it was getting uncomfortable.
On Sunday the nerve block was complete and we had to remove the catheter. Basically David did since he was pulling the tape and it was stuck to him and the tape.  Now Five days after his surgery his pain has been minimal. He went to PT yesterday for the first time and they were impressed with his mobility and range of motion. He used the crutches of course Friday and most of Saturday but ditched them Sunday.  I have a feeling after his 2nd PT on Thursday he may find he's a little sorer.  We'll see.
Oh and the texts I was supposed to be getting..... they had been texting David's phone with his status. He had 4-5 texts. LOL
I graduated from cardio rehab and have been doing some PT at the same day for my hip paid that I have every morning and them disappears after an hour or two. Tomorrow will be my last PT and the pain is still there so I'm not sure what the next step will be. I guess the doctor will think of something.
Well that's it for now.

Until next blog...  People say that age is just a state of mind. I say it’s more about the state of your body. – Geoffrey Parfitt
 







5 comments:

Linda said...

I love these catching up on everything type of posts!
David is amazing! Love your country life complete with a wonky donkey!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love your post. Glad your hubby is doing well. You guys are so loved by Jerry...

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

hi Carla, great post. You have quite the farm with all of the cute critters. I hope David is recovering nicely. Enjoy the weekend.

Art and Sand said...

I can't believe he was off the crutches in jus a couple of days.

I love all of your animals- remind me of the house we rented when we were in Jamaica as Peace Corps volunteers. The house had no lawn mower, but Ruby the donkey did the trick.

Both of you take care.

donna said...

I love seeing Jerry. He is such a silly boy. You have had a lot going on.
Hope David is doing well. I know we have talked but I can never remember everything. lol!!!!
Love and Hugs
donna