Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Who's Drunk? Quilts, Family and Friends

Time for a Sassy Stitchers Show and Tell. Going to bee is like therapy. You hang with ladies who like to be creative and we always have fun talking and sharing various opinions or suggestions. This picture is of Kim and her latest panel finish. Really pretty and colorful.    
Then while Nancy was ironing I snapped a picture of her quilt top made out of scrappy fabrics. The best kind of quilt. It holds memories of previous projects.  
                                                                When we give a quilt to someone we almost always put a label of some kind on the back of the quilt. One of the most popular labels I've seen was telling the recipient that it was made with love....  because... They don't want to know how many foul words came out of our mouths when seams didn't line up or we sewed a block backwards or about the bloody fingers etc... Stating the fact.                                                                         
Cynthia is using a jelly roll to make her quilt top. Her next color is purple. Can't wait to see the finished top.
And here comes Brenda with her sports quilt that she pieced and quilted herself. Cute cute.                                                                        On Friday the 7/19 I met several of my friends who were attending a 2 day, day retreat at Ockter Church in Zabcikville at a restaurant called Oscar Store. David and I really like this place.  They were on their own for lunch but the church will feed them that evening. We had a good yummy lunch. The young lady on the right in light blue is Krista, Ellen's daughter. It was her first time to the retreat. 

Saturday David and I met up with John and Kelli at Wilson Valley Mercantile & Distillery for drinks and we caught a little bit of music before we left.
This guy hung up over the bar.  The owners were really nice. They run the distillery, farm and she teaches. Busy people for sure. 

I might of had a few too many drinks. There were so many to try. There was only one that was not my fav at all because it had too much mint leave crushed up in it.  It was like drinking a piece of spearmint gum.  I really liked David's bloody Mary. Next time we go back I'll try it and be done. Maybe.
On they way home we stopped at the Cameron Beer Market for something to eat. We had some tasty pizza but it wasn't the best one we've had there. The crust was too doughy.


I've had people ask me if I like using my Accuquilt Die Cut machine because of the waste of fabric. I always say I don't have that much waste because I do trim the fabric down before placing it on the die.  This is all the that is wasted when I use my die cut. Not much waste at all so yeah I like using my die cuts. The cuts tend to be more accurate than mine using a ruler. 

 

Pamela called me the other day all excited because she got a Bride to Be Box and she couldn't figure who it was from and finally came to the conclusion it was from me. Of course it was.  The box had all kinds of things in it but she put the hat on to take the picture. She's so cute but then I'm biased.  
Recently while scrolling through blogs I follow I started doing the 2024 Color Challenge with Patterns by Jen. I'm playing catch up since she just shared the July color block.
So here is my January which was the color green but I used a dark blue as my background color.  And I got the February Block which was to orange done before writing this post.
  

Onwards to do March which is the color red. I'll share it in the next post I hope. We'll see how many months I can get done before my next post. I've finished two gift quilt tops and they are ready for the quilter .. And I'm working on another gift quilt now along with the ruler, cutting mat and iron mat bags I've been making slowly for some of my quilty friends. Plus other little projects here and there.
The twins Braxton and Killian have taken quite the liking to Gpa (David).
While I was in the kitchen Kaleb caught this picture of both boys curled up in his lap just talking away.
The boys played outside, fed Jerry (our donkey) carrots and hand raked the grass in the back by tossing it over the fence to Jerry.  They should be tired tonight. And when everyone had left even the dogs were tired.  
They hadn't taken any long naps with all the activity going on plus they had Bri to play with. They passed out immediately. Pamela sent me a picture of Bri passed in her spot in their bedroom. Now I didn't get a picture of the boys but Pamela said that once bathed and in bed they were out in 10 minutes.   
I believe everyone had a big day. Didn't take David and I long to pass out either.
Well I was hoping to squeeze that last couple of days of July but I'm gonna stop for now.
So Until next blog...Procrastinate ---It frees up time to QUILT

4 comments:

Donna said...

Lol...I love all the "pooped" photos! How fun!
Your blocks are amazing!
hugs
Donna

Linda said...

I agree with you! Pamela is adorable! Love seeing the boys with their Gpa!

Lisa Roper said...

Love all the quilting you do!! Thanks for sharing the inside scoop. GPA-Dom looks good on Dave! So excited for January, it’ll be here before we know it! Happy Trails!

Anonymous said...

Sew fun! I love your blog! And you!