Sunday, December 10, 2017

Moving on...... check and check

So we got moved to the rent house and closed on our Lake Stone house but then we have had the pleasure task to get unpack and organized. I think I've managed to unpack what I needed/wanted to unpack but we still need to move some of the boxes from the garage to our spare bedroom. 
David has been trying to work at the farm almost every weekend lately. He's running electricity into the mini mansion and raised the wall where we have our compost potty and sink now. 
And he's set the air conditioner in it's resting spot. After he finishes the wiring he'll be ready to put the ceiling and the siding in. 




He has plowed some of the lower property so he could prep the land to plant more trees along the tree line.

We need to plant more trees but it does take time. 
He was taking a break when he noticed his visitors. Our neighbor across the road has goats and they are escape artists and came for a visit.  They grazed for a while and then headed back home.

Pamela and a couple other nurses stopped for a bite to eat after work one night and ran into Von Miller, an outside linebacker for the Denver Bronco's and former Texas A&M player. He took time to take a picture with the girls and talk a moment.





Check out this little cutie! This is Aria my co-worker Ashley's little girl. Ashley made this costume in one night. She did an awesome job.  And she claims she's not creative.  









The Houston International Quilt Festival came to town and I had to go. My friend Donna Marie and I met up early that Friday morning and headed down to the GRB Convention Center. Oh the quilts we saw. Colors, Textures, designs, quilting and vendors oh my indeed. I got in over 12,000 steps in that day. Could have been more if I hadn't sat down. LOL. I was exhausted but had an awesome time. Here's just a few of the quilts I saw.....
 


 


 
I saw all this with a few hundred thousan other of my Quilty friends. If you want to see the whole album and learn more about each quilt. 
Click HERE
 I took this picture just after the show opened. Two hours later the aisles were packed. Until next year.
Pamela and I went to a bridal shower for our hair stylist and Friend Brittany. She was overwhelmed by all the attention but she had a great shower. She's a great stylist and a sweet friend. We wish her and Jordan the very best.
 At one time she couldn't get the package open...so he came Hannah to the rescue. Get a load of that knife she whipped  out. LOL



Well my hair looks sad but it's not her fault.  She hadn't got her hands on it yet. I had an appointment for the following week for a much need cut and color. Anyway I might of had a jello shot or two with the Bride to be.   
 Pamela looked great as always. This is a really cute picture of them.


 Pamela got to take a trip to Colorado to visit a high school friend and her family. She had a great time. Avery showed her the sights.
 She even went snow shoeing.
 And she got to build a real snowman.  Then she could have done that right there in Bryan on Thursday 11/7.  They got 5" of snow. We got 1-3 inches in Cypress. Totally crazy but it was really pretty.

Well that's it for now. Until next blog.... Quilting every day keeps the voices away







2 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Great post. I would be tempted to just keep the goats....grin. Would love to have a farm, but am too old at this point. Maybe next time....LOL

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Carla, looks like all you girls had fun and it must have been spectacular to see all those beautiful quilts. Have a great week..Judy