Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 Quilting UFO's review

2017 UFO recap 
I'm definitely doing better than I used too.  I was lucky to finish even 1 project Prior to 2015 I did a lot of buying but had very little to show for it. But not anymore. YAY!
Trying a new way of identifying the status of my projects. Stole this method from fellow blogger Bea at Beaquilter.  Trying to make it easier to keep up with and read.
  • If in red I've worked on recently
  • If crossed thru it's complete! 
  • need 1 more handmade item from a FB post. Finished 4 of 5  -- it's called procrastination Sorry Lauren Rose. She has long forgotten by now that I even owe her something but that's okay.


  • baby quilt for Heathers Baby - at the quilter ready for binding 
    I had hoped to be done with this earlier and put in the mail but instead I nursed a cold but Heather finally got Logan's quilt on 2/7. My first finish for 2017





  • make a valence for guest room   actually I just resized the valence from the Glenway for the Lake Stone house. Won't be putting a valence up at the rent house.
  • curtains for Mini Mansion @ the Rockin K  temporary simple burlap that I had in my stash
  • Round Robin medallion 5 rounds in total  
    •  round robin begins  this was the hand off of the medal to the person who will sew on the first border  
    • 11/3/16 round 1 complete can't show pictures for this until the final hand off when I get my completed quilt top back. Off to a good start  Total of 5 rounds. 6th will be getting our tops back.
    • 2/1/17 round 2 Yahoo finished my border for handoff with 48 hours to spare. Hand off 2/5 and now to start border for next handoff  Wish I could show all the pictures of the medallions so far. I'm impressed with what everyone has done. I'm dying to see what mine looks like but like the rest of the group I have to wait until all boards are on for the final reveal.
    • 3/13/17 Round 3 finished 4 days before handoff but it wasn't without frustration.
    • 7/8/17 Round 4 finish and on the road to the final hand off and reveal. Can't wait
    • 09-24-17  THE BIG REVEALL !!! OMG  My
      medallion is a quilt top now. The medallion left my hands in September 2016 and until today 9/24/17 I had no idea what it looked like.
  • Now all I need to do is add a couple more borders to make it fit a queen size bed and get it quilted.
  • LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! Thanks to Mary Jane, Margie, Denise, Donna Marie and Mildred The Reluctant Round Robin chicks.

  • baby quilt for Brenda Willey/Ashley Sparks  I think I succeeded in making Brenda happy. Made for her first grandbaby.. Olivia Kate.
  • baby quilt for my step Father's great grandbaby Penelope 
  • This was made from left over fabric plus a couple new fabrics. Lola joined in the photo fun. Hope she enjoys it.
  • baby quilt for Dava Dthis one is slow going. Donna Marie and I are working on it ... between our work and life. 11/12/17 working on the binding and label.  All done and Dava Loved it. She wanted to keep it for herself instead of the baby. That's okay. She can do whatever she likes but maybe she'll share with baby Dean. LOL. Quilted by Donna Moore @ Donna's Lavender Nest.  
Can you see the star quilted in the state of Texas quilting?
 A new star wars fan was born in Texas.




  • *Texas Flag quilt for myself- red and white section ready, work on blue blocks for me! Finished blue section while at retreat in September but I need to get the star made and appliqued on. It's not completely finished but it is quilted. I just need to finish the binding.
  • Nickies Tshirt quilt   hope to work on this one too during retreat. didn't happen. want to finish this one before 2018 is over.
  • Added another project but finished it. I was asked to make
    something for a friend/co-worker who was retiring. So I made a signature block.... She loves birds and is a great quilter....  She can make it a pillow or a wall hanging.
Quilt retreat was in September and I already knew what I wanted to work on but that didn't go totally as planned with the moving, one sick retreater who I got really worried about and called an ambulance for. Spent a couple hours at the hospital until her husband could get there. All ended well. She had a bad case of vertigo. Crazy thing there is another of my retreaters couldn't make it because she had spent time in the hospital a week before for vertigo and the ladies are school hood friends. What are the odds.  Plus I only stayed for 3 days instead of the whole week but that's okay. Things happen.
  • Sheryl's Crown Royal quilt
  • Mom's flannel quilt - pieced, just need to add applique
  •  Mom's western fleece quilt
  • Allan's quilt - fabric bought
  • Phi Mu auction quilt for 2018 - fabric bought
  • Hobo Quilt - picking out fabric
  • Bible Quilt - fabric bought, 1 block made
  • Special Quilt for a special grandma (JLK)
Pamela's projects for me
·    #1 t-shirt quilt - my first and I'll work on more at retreat - 3/31 95% done completed June 2017  

  • still need to get a good picture of this quilt. Hoping that I can go to A&M and take one on Campus  Didn't make it to the campus but did get a better picture. and check out the quilting by Betty at TShirt Quilts of Texas 



#2 black/white/teal quilt

  •  #3 kit we bought in Missouri a several years ago  
  • Open a pattern I bought and and make it  I keep trying to do this but I get side tracked and find something else to make.  I used my Boomerang Pattern by Jaybird for Dava's quilt.  Maybe I can open another one before the year is out or sometime in 2018.
Goal for 2018 - sew up lots of my stash and clear out some quilting magazines. I don't care to move them to our final destination at the Rockin K.  Whoever told me as a quilter you needed a stash obviously never had to move all that stash. I know my movers will greatly appreciate me if I do.

Ongoing projects
  •  postcards
  • bookmarks
  •  mug rugs
I have a new format for my 2018 UFO's that I'll share in 2018.

Until then .... Quilting is a scrap of happiness


1 comment:

Lynette said...

Wow! You got a lot finished!! That made me laugh about Dava wanting to keep the quilt for herself. She could just use when she's holding the baby. . . :D