Saturday, December 30, 2017

2017 is almost over


Forgot to share this picture before....
This picture of a local church after Harvey hit. Look closely at the billboard. So appropriate for the days that followed.








And I forgot to share the best anniversary present ever.. My husband is the best..... Eh.... It's a lock to our new storage bin. LOL  Moving into a smaller rent house means we needed a storage been to store some of our belongings in.  David is so kind and thoughtful. What can I say?!


A few weeks ago David called Lilley a Pillow Princess because she does like to rest her head on a pillow periodically.  But her baby Sophie loves her pillows totally all the time. So who is the pillow princess?
 I rest my case.  LOL









David has been working hard at the Mini Mansion trying to get the electrical wiring done and get an air conditioner set so we could spend the night there next summer and give him a place to 
get away from the heat when he's up there working.  
Can I just say that Chip Gaines from Fixer Upper has nothing on David. LOL








When we were packing up I told David we should get rid of
this wine cabinet because it's not going to fit in the rent house and I can't think of a place for it in either floor plan we have to choose from.
Pamela was there and goes "I'll take it off your hands. It's fit perfect in my dining room" LOL oh really. So it was going to go to Pamela's place but first she wanted to get it painted by a place called Shabby Chic in Tomball. They painted her china hutch, dresser and night stands.
They do an awesome job. So for part of her Christmas present we had it painted for her. It turned out great. Can I have it back? LOL
It now sits in her dining room.





David's brother  Gary and his wife Lynn hosted Christmas this year. They hosted a crowd of us but it was a great time. This picture was taken after Lynn's dad left unfortunately. Everyone was present this year except Pamela who had to work back in Bryan.  We even sang Happy Birthday to David. He's a Christmas baby. 
This is a picture of Gary and Lynn with their kids.
A great celebration. Good food and great family time.



Being in the rent house this year I didn't decorate real big but I did put out our stockings and 







Pamela loaned us her 4' tree she used when she was in an apartment.  Yeah it worked.









Love this ornament that David's sister Glenda and her husband Thomas gave David..... 
Now my Dad would have had a problem with the green. LOL He was a Massey Ferguson kind of guy.

All these ornaments are new this year to represent the next phase of our life. Thanks to our friend/realtor Barbara for one and Pamela for our new Aggie ornament. The other's I picked up at Round Top Collection or Pier 1.
Also while out shopping for Christmas I couldn't stop myself from buying something for me now to decorate with.... 2 pillows.....

 I love old red trucks..


Pamela came home on the 27th to celebrate Christmas with us and we took David out to eat for his birthday and we took some selfies.

It was a great day


We're so silly. We even convinced David to take one.
2017 is on it's way out and can't wait to see what 2018 will bring.

Until the next blog.... Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.  Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one. Jane Howard






1 comment:

Linda said...

Oh what a lovely time I had visiting you this morning! You are sure going through a lot of changes in your life! Love how you embrace them all! I think I may have missed an earlier post of yours so I’m going off to check it out!
Happy New Year to you and yours!