Wednesday, August 16, 2017

... Welcome Back

Well the vacation is over and it's time to go back to work. I walk into the office and I'm hit by the heat and humidity. In the office! Apparently the AC didn't want to come back on after it's 3 day break. It was almost lunch time before it came back on and started cooling down but hey we're dedicated employee's and survived it. The work must go on, right?...LOL
Cassie was not impressed as I was walking around taking pictures and waved me off. Now she'll really shoot me for posting this picture. But hey she's always saying that I  never put her in my blog. mmm I don't think this is exactly what she wanted. Love you Cassie.

It was hot as all get out outside too that day. When 5:40pm rolled around I got in my car and it said it was 110. I'm melting..... and my car developed a bad case of dandruff. 
What! where did that come from...???? Then I moved my window sun screen and figured out real quick where it came from..
The screen was flaking all over the place. YIKES.  It went in the trash as soon as I got home.

Back on July 8th my friend Donna Marie and I went to the retreat house for our next to last hand off for our round robin. The quilts are really turning out awesome. It was hard to imagine how they'd turn out. I'd do another Round Robin but not now with everything else going on. Currently I'm working on the last border for the last medallion I am to work on. I've learned a lot and improved in my piecing methods but have a ways to go. Our final reveal will be at Quilt retreat in September. Can't wait to see mine. I'll be sharing those pictures after the big Reveal. After we had critiqued each quilt except our own of course it was time to head back home. We had some time so I decided to corrupt Donna by taking her wine tasting at the Saddlehorn winery outside Brenham.

 
It was funny because if she didn't like the wine she'd poor in my glass to finish. We had a good time and then I asked if she wanted to take a small detour to go see the farm and she said yes. So to the farm we went. We sat on the Mini Mansion porch and talked with David who was already there and taking a break from the heat.  After that we stopped by Pamela's to pick up Lilley. David had brought her that far as headed to the farm in case it was late when we got home.
So I drug Donna all over the country side but said she enjoyed the sights and the farm. We'll see if she'll ride with me again. 

The weekend of July 15th I had another Missourian family member visiting Texas. My nephew Jeremiah had a conference in Austin. He called to ask about coming by to see us and he'd have his cute wife Melissa and their son Beckett with him. Of course I wanted them to come by. But instead of coming straight to our home in Tomball I asked if he'd like to see the farm and he said sure. So we coordinated our arrival at the farm with them.
We sat around on the mini Mansion porch talking and relaxing for a while and the boys went down to the pond. It was starting to get into lunch time so we headed to Pamela's house so she could see them too.
When we got to Pamela's the girls had to get used to Beckett and he them. He has two big dogs in waiting for him at home in Missouri. Can you see the dimples? He got them from his Daddy.
Uncle David was getting a kick out of watching Beckett with Sophie and Lilley. Sophie was the bravest to get near a little person. Lilley kept her distance.
We didn't stick around to long because everyone was getting hungry. We headed to the Cotton Patch. We took David there once when traveling and he loves the place. I really like it too. They have a variety of food choices so everyone could find something they liked. After lunch Pamela took them on a quick tour around Texas A&M campus while David and I went back to Pamela's. They even stopped to do a little shopping. Now I never thought I'd see the day when my Nephew would wear an Aggie TShirt or let his son wear one.  This is one for the books. Jeremiah and Melissa are both graduates of MIZZOU. He's an engineer and she's a nurse. Yep another nurse in the family.  Did I mention that when I went to San Antonio last month to see my sisters and my niece, that my niece Shelby was also a nurse. Well she is.  Anyway we had to take a picture to document the moment. I think Beckett would make a great Aggie in the future. He's awfully cute in his Aggie Tshirt. Okay so is Jeremiah. 


So we were trying to think of something else we could do when David suggested we take them to Messina Hof Winery. Now why didn't I think of that...LOL

So it ended up the guys stayed at the house so maybe Beckett could nap which didn't happen but us girls hit the winery.
Now don't panic Melissa didn't drink full glasses but she had a flight tasting of 6. She even found a wine or two she liked. Pamela made sure she went home with a Texas wine. 

Pamela made sure we took a selfie before entering the house. 
It was starting to get late in the day and we still had to drive back to Tomball. Jeremiah and Melissa stayed the night with us and got up early the next morning to head home. I even got up early too to make biscuits and gravy. It was awesome having them stop in for a visit. Hope they'll come back again. 

Until next blog.... You don't choose your family.  They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. Desmond Tutu



No comments: