Saturday, June 9, 2012

Celebrations and other Rantings

So here's some of the latest happenings.
Went to my book club meeting to discuss our book choice .. The Shack by William P. Young. People either love this book or hate. It all depends on your perception. Our group really liked it. Now there were some things in the book that a few had problems with or some thought it was an interesting twist on our relationships with people and God. The book was not meant to be Biblical but I did find it rather thought provoking. The key point in this book we thought was "RELATIONSHIPS".

Back on the May 19th we went to our good friends the Harpers to celebrate the graduation of their oldest son JR from the University of Houston. He's the first of their 5 boys to graduate. Obviously the family was very excited. Can't tell by the smiles can you?
I know just how they feel. Since we just watched Pam finish nursing school.

Sheryl snapped this picture as soon as Pamela and I arrived.
Then I snapped a picture of Pamela and her Godfather Tim. The afternoon was full of food, laughter, congratulations for JR and maybe an adult beverage or two.  
We took a picture of all us who went to U of H with the new grad.  Those of us pictured here are actually fraternity brothers and sisters. Phi Mu and Lamda Chi Alpha. Lots of fun times and memories with these folks. David finally decided to leave work and join us.
David was tired after working all day so after eating and chillin for a while he finally have to give up and go home. Pam and I stuck around a while longer hanging out.                                    Some one else gave up too... LOL.  We wore out the proud Dad of the Graduate.       Sweet Dreams Ross.  He can sleep even better now because I saw a post on facebook that Jr got a job. 
Here's a picture of my Circular Block I created in EQ via a tutorial from Marlene Oddie. Each month My EQ Bee works thru a tutorial of some kind to create new blocks and quilts. We learn and use different techniques and sometimes we repeat the same techniques the next month to get a better graspon how to use EQ. I hope one day to post more quilting stuff but I'm slow. Next post I should have at least one or two things to show off.  Do you EQ? Do you know what EQ is?  EQ lets you design a quilt by creating blocks and coloring them with solid or virtual fabric. You can draw your own block or use one from the library. Your computer becomes your design wall. You can add borders and quilting. The software will calculate the yardage needed so no more guesswork math work.

Nothing much more to write just at this moment. I'm off to sew so that maybe I can have something to share. I hope by the next post to share several pieces of news.

I will share this ..... Our family friends Mike and Amber had their Quadruplets on May 31st. One day short of 30 weeks. All babies are doing well. The girls are off their CPAPs as of today and Harrison the boy is catching up. The smallest one Logan was 2.6 pounds and she was the first to breath on her own. She must have got that determination from her momma.  Mike and Amber and the rest of their family are on cloud nine. Amber has shared pictures on her blog of the tiny little beings and look so precious. Can't wait until they come home so I can go visit them. Sending hugs and prayers to this family.
I saw this quote on BJ's Sweet Nothings blog and it made me LOL.
"It is not economical to go to bed early to save the candles if the result is twins." In this case Quads. LOL
~Chinese Proverb~
So until next Blog...
May your bobbin always be full.



3 comments:

Linda said...

Love catching up on my blog reading!!

LD and I LOVED The Shack!! Very thought provoking!

Great pics and a fun post! But then you guys are always having fun!

Gypsy Heart said...

Hi,
I'm a fellow Texan and just found your blog. I read The Shack sometime ago and had a few different thoughts on it too but I really did enjoy it!

Great celebrations this time of year...looks like you've been having fun. I saw photos of the quads...one of their grandmothers lives very close to me. I'm so happy for all of them.

Stop by and say hi when you can!

Pat

Gypsy Heart said...

Hi,
I'm a fellow Texan and just found your blog. I read The Shack sometime ago and had a few different thoughts on it too but I really did enjoy it!

Great celebrations this time of year...looks like you've been having fun. I saw photos of the quads...one of their grandmothers lives very close to me. I'm so happy for all of them.

Stop by and say hi when you can!

Pat