Sunday, October 20, 2024

Recovered from Shower activities and I'm behind as always...

(9/23) So I've semi rested up after the bridal shower but no grass growing under my feet. LOL. My friend Sheryl asked if I wanted to go to a Phi Mu luncheon in Houston. Our sorority sister JoNell was putting it together so we could see one of Susan another sister who was in town for a visit. A majority of the girls were a class above me but I knew about half of them. We met at The Cheesecake Factory at Memorial City.  It was fun seeing the ladies.

I walked into David's office and started laughing because all I saw was a tail sticking out from under David's desk. It was just a swinging. The desk was happy to see me. Maybe LOL. Apparently Bruno loves to lay under David's desk while David is on the computer. I had a video of the tail but it had errors so oops. It might appear and it might now. Trust me on this it was a cute tail.

(9/24)  The next day it was time to run into Bryan to take my dress into the alterations shop to get it hemmed up.  It's only going to take her 7-10 days. I thought it was take longer but apparently not. Carolina the owner was super nice. She had me out of there in 20 minutes. Most of that time was me putting on my MOB dress. LOL.  No other alterations needed thank goodness.
On Wednesday (9/25) Debra a book club friend called me and we were talking and she asked if I was going to the estate sale about 10 miles away and I said I had thought about it so we decided to go together. Lots of cool stuff. The lady that owned the house was selling a large portion of her quilting stuff. Fabric, books, long arm machine and frame, 3-4 older machines, and a multitude of other items. And the husband had some old rusty vintage items, tools, ladders, etc.  I need to get David over here too. For now Debra and I browsed around.  She bought a few things and old singer machine in a cabinet. If I had room for it I would have bought it so instead I bought some fabric and a Jim Shore Angel. If your not familiar with Jim Shore's work, all his statues have a quilty theme to them. Here's the one I bought at the sale. See the quilt block pattern in her skirt. The second picture is of one I bought a few years ago.  
There's all kinds of Jim Shore statues, animals, boats, Santa's, and Halloween themed, etc. 

So I told David about all the good things I saw so we went back on Thursday. LOL  We were going to support this estate sale some more.
David bought me this tractor made out of a vintage sewing machine.  While there David saw some Rusty gold items and petrified wood. We couldn't take it home that day but would come again on Friday to dig it up and load it in the truck.
I saw this sink on a tree. Cool idea but we don't have a tree big enough to hold a sink to use for a planter or whatever. And we both loved this iron wheel and birdhouse pole plus there was an old bell but these things they weren't selling. They're staying with the house. But they were selling the old plow you can barely see behind the bell. We found another plow that we also bought.


We liked the flowers in the flower bed and they're called 4'oclocks. None of the flowers had turned to seed yet but they lady there told me to break of some and see if I could get them to root. So far they're in a vase and still hanging in there. Maybe I'll find some seeds eventually. Here's what the plows and the petrified wood looks like in our landscape. 
Right now this plow kinda blends into the fence but once we put some plants around it, it should pop out more. David had to work hard on digging this one out of its resting place at the estate sale. The owner knew the right way to anchor it in his flower bed. 
This next plow was easy to move and bring home. It's now resting in its new location at the Rock n K. And the rock behind it is a piece of petrified wood. And the other piece of wood is on the other side of the walk way to the house.
And check out all the roses blooming. They started blooming the week after the bridal shower.  
While at the estate sale I took advantage of the cloudy day and windmill back drop and took pictures of a quilt I just finished for my friend Barbara.
I made a trip into Houston and gave it to Barbara recently.

I thought a house quilt would be appropriate for a realtor. I met her when we needed a realtor to sell our home in 1993. Each door on the house has a different fabric for a door. One has batman and one has a frog.  
This is how happy the cows are when David feeds them Cubes or as we call it Cow Crack. LOL Not sure if this video will show up either. Something is off but I haven't figured it out. But The cows are running from everywhere as if they're starving but they are not.  Don't get in their way though.

Sorry if video doesn't load. Not sure yet what's up with the upload.

The Belinda's Dream roses are blooming. This single bloom was so pretty sticking up all my itself.

My friend Sheryl sent me a post she saw on FB about a wine called Threadcount made by Quilting Winery.  Well I had to have it since I was about to head to quilt retreat. I googled it and found Total Wine had it. I had no clue if it was sweeet or dry but I knew I wanted the bottle. LOL And I got. Sew fun.  I now know it's a red wine made in California. I'll let you know how it tastes later when I share it at retreat.

That's it for now...
Until next blog...  “Cherish all your happy moments: they make a fine cushion for old age.” ~Christopher Morley

No comments: