Friday, June 28, 2024

Triple F.... Friends, Family, and Fun

  On Thursday (6/6) Kelli and I tried out a new spot in Cameron called ZX. They have lots of wine and a limited menu right now. We had lunch and a glass of wine. Very enjoyable. I had a chicken pasta salad (no lettuce) and Kelli had a turkey wrap. Can't wait to see what else they'll have when the are fully open on 6/15/2024.

Friday (6/7) Pamela and I went to shop for linen rentals. So many choices. Yikes but seeing it in person made the choosing a lot easier. So many ideas too.
All that decision making made us hungry so I chose Classic Rock Kitchen and Coffee Shop in Navasota to grab a bit. Wasn't sorry. Food was good. Pamela got a Strawberry pecan salad and I got a club sandwich.



I finally completed my On Point quilt. It came out cute and the quilting by Donna's Lavender Next made the quilt. Perfect little girl quilt with hearts and bows. It's for sale. I need measure it but it's about 52x 65 maybe. Right now it's on consignment or I'd measure it now.   And it's backing is soft cuddly minky. If you're interested in buying let me know.
While I was out taking pictures I got sidetracked with other sightings. Like flowers, butterflies, honey bee and the big long horn.
Saturday we had company. Kaleb, Pamela, Killian and Braxton came up for an early Father's Day celebration. They came up for lunch and stayed until after dinner. They brought the boys jammies so they could get a bath here and be ready for bed when they got back home.  The boys are all about Gpa when they're here. In fact they were taking turns sitting with him.  Cici (me) isn't as entertaining as Gpa. LOL
So one of the girls I quilt with won a retreat for 6 at a two day Sewcial. And she invited those of us who were there to join her. It was great. It's a true farmhouse in the country that a lady named Dinah fixed up for quilt retreats.  We were there for two nights (6-10 thru 12) and we had to cook for ourselves which wasn't bad since there was only 6 of us.  Here's Dinah's Farmhouse Retreat
It wasn't fancy but quite comfy and the owner is really nice. It's a 3 bedroom, 2 bath.
This is one of the bedrooms.  Each one has a different theme.
And these guys were our neighbors.  The owner Dinah and her husband run a working ranch.

And here's a few of the projects people were working on. This quilt was by Ellen. She had almost finished it by the time we left.
 And this is Vicki working on her applique. Vicki is my friend who won a couple of free nights at the retreat. It was so sweet of her to invite me. I truly enjoyed.              And this is a birthday card I made for Pamela's future mother in law. 
I also worked on sewing the binding on a couple of quilts and made my first wonky star block. 
Only 19 more to go for a swap.
 And do you see all those tiny pieces that Donna Marie has cut and those left to cut below.... Well when she puts them together they make the pattern next to it.

LOL... Oh my goodness. Cynthia England didn't like to piece but she enjoyed making little pieces and turning them into works of art.  This one takes patience.
On Saturday (6/15) Kaleb, Pamela and the Twins came up to celebrate Father's Day with us. The first thing the boys wanted to do was go feed Jerry carrots with Gpa. Jerry was being a bit standoffish that day. 


and of course they thought they wanted to go fishing. Even the fish thought it was too hot to bite.
On Father's day I was going to take David out to eat but we went to the Rising Sun Winery for our wine pick up and had taco's for free. Yum. Had some wine while there and listened to some good music by the Phil Hurley Trio.Phil Hurley Trio.  
I created the perfect coffee cup for David. Him and his little 80# lap buddies. He loved it.  LOL
A good friend of Pamela from HS, Cole and his wife Beth just had a sweet baby girl. With Pamela's help we picked out the fabric and a pattern and I made Baby Girl Parker a quilt.  Dad and Mom loved it.  Pamela gave it to them just hours before she arrived.
My friend Donna @ Donna's Lavender Nest did the quilting. I guess I better stop for now.
Until next post... Memories are stitched with love. 

1 comment:

Donna said...

Aww, the quilt is gorgeous!
We sometimes drive to Cameron but haven't since before we both retired.
hug
Donna