Saturday, February 3, 2024

Design, Friends, Wedding stuff, and food

So I had been seeing this advertisement on FB for Felt Right products. It can be used as a acoustic sound damping, custom design with multiply colors, and shapes. For me it's being used as a design wall. They remove easily and won't damage the wall and there's no nails. I only ordered 12 - 12" tiles in the color latte.  I wanted simple lines and no elaborate design. This is mine. I can place fabric on it and it stays without pins or you can stick pins in it if you want. I may add a few more tiles to make it slightly bigger but my space on this wall is limited and they're not cheap but this system works nicely. 
 I use the Cheryl Ann's flannel design wall on the bigger area i have for now. This is the flannel design wall I use as I start laying out quilt blocks.     This is not mine. This is an example off their website using color and making a pattern.  Pretty cool.

 I have to share this. My sister Barb and Cresia went to NY recently and they went to the Today's show and actually got their picture taken with Al Rooker. Now that's pretty cool. They saw all kinds of cool sights.
 Recently I had a chance to get my hair cut by someone new and close by. I don't like changing stylist because you never know what you'll get but I was so very pleasantly pleased.  This was my inspiration cut.  And my cut looks like the inspiration pic. YAY  I have layers that work. Now as long as I can dry it like he did I'll be great. LOL
On Monday 1/29 my friend/sorority sister Kathy and I drove up to Groesbeck to have a Girls Slumber Party with our friend/sorority sister Sheryl.  We talked, and we laughed for hours. We even found solutions for the world's problems. LOL. We might have share some wine too.
Tuesday would have been Sheryl's husband birthday so we toasted to Ross and shared a piece of his favorite kind of cake, German Chocolate in his honor. Ross is dearly missed by his family and his friends.
 I got to sleep under this bright and beautiful quilt that Sheryl had our mutual friend Donna Lynn quilt for her. 
 This was our chaperone Dixie.  She loved being the center of attention.  And she got plenty of loves from all of us.
January 01-31 2024 Kathy  Sheryl and Me
 It seemed like our time just flew by.  Before we knew it, it was Wednesday and it was time to go to our respective homes but before we left we had to take a group picture.  2024 vs 2023.
January 2023


2022 01-30
2020 12-31 David  Mark & Ross

   Thursday 2/1 I had to go into College Station for a cardiologist follow up after the ER visit back on 1/20.  All was good. Now to see the Heart Rhythm Doctor for further follow up but not until March. Such fun.  From here we ran errands and stopped for lunch at a place I'd never been for tacos called Don Chente on Villa Maria. I had a beef fajita street taco and a fish taco. My fav was the beef fajita and I could only eat half of the fish one. I got full. They had loaded the beef fajita in that small taco.
Next we headed to the Brick and Mortar Bridal Boutique for me to try on Mother of the Bride dresses. They had gotten in some new styles since we were there in October. Oh man the choices. I tend to be a visual person so it's hard to visualize the dress I'm trying on that is black in a Merlot color. Or the gold in Merlot. 
Plus the dresses aren't always in your size. The photo below is one of the ones I tried on that was not in the color I need and it's too big but that part was okay. Before the weight loss it would have been probably too small. They have big clips pinching it tighter. LOL  But after today I am closer in choosing the one I want to wear. The picture is not the one I'm leaning towards picking. I have a hard time also wanting to wear a dress that doesn't have much sleeve because of my arms. Between losing so much weight and just being older my arms aren't so pretty. Oh the decisions. One nice thing we found out is that they are having an open house with mimosa's and she'll be giving discount coupons to those who show up (YAY) for dresses and there will be prizes. One prize is free bridesmaid dresses. Wow Wouldn't that be nice! Pamela's bridesmaids would love her for that. 
One of our errands was picking up a grocery order for Pamela and then we had to stop at Kroger for a couple of things she forgot and that I needed to get before heading home. Pamela was having a couple nursing friends over for wine and a charcuterie board that she volunteered me to help her make. LOL Funny how that worked out.
The simple cheese board of a couple of their favorite cheeses and crackers. 
I went to a class on the basics for putting together a charcuterie board at Lissa's Restyled and Sip in Caldwell and this is how mine turned out. The salami was smaller than the slices we worked with at the class so my rose buds were harder to make but I made it work. That hot spicy honey in the bowl with the spoon. The olives had blue cheese stuffed in them. Once I got all the meats, cheese and fruit laid out I chopped up some dark chocolate and sprinkled it randomly over the board. Pamela went to a class a while back and she made the board.  The blue leaf pattern continues under all that meat and cheese. It's a beautiful board.  So how'd I do for my first board? I felt pretty good about it. Look at me being all fancy. I might have changed a couple things but I needed to get home so this is the final product.

Until next blog post... 
When you can't control what's happening, challenge yourself on how you respond. That's your power. 

1 comment:

donna said...

Sounds like good times. Beautiful dress.
Hugs
d