Monday, May 23, 2022

My last of April into May

So after the Mother-Daughter trip it was time to squeeze in things I want to do before I can't for the next 6 months. Like drinking wine and eating. 
Monday (4/25)I I went into Bryan to have an Echo.  And then I went to PT. For dinner we had fried the green tomatoes our neighbor Odis gave us to try. They were in a canned jar. So I rinsed them off and I dipped them in egg, flour, and corn meal and fried them up. And I seasoned them. When he gave them to us it never seemed the right time to cook them but tonight was the night. They were soooo good. Thank you Pam & Odis.
Tuesday (4/26) I went to lunch with my friend Kelli, the other Kennedy. We decided on Texas Steak and Seafood in Caldwell. We both decided on crawfish. It was so good. After lunch we headed to her house when I saw Momma Cat and her new kittens. I couldn't believe that Momma had her kittens in the grass bag off the lawn mower on top of the wood pile. They're so cute. One of the little yellow came out to see me, so I got to pet it but Momma kept a close eye on both of us. The critter I really came to meet was Patsy Cline the pot belly pig. That little devil is fast. At least for now. When the dogs came up she'd roll over so they could nuzzle on her tummy. LOL  She go running off just a snorting and oinking. Too cute.

On Wednesday (4/27) David and I went into Bryan and met Pamela, along with friends Cole and Kaleb for an early Mother's Day dinner.  We went to Casa Rodriguez. Hadn't been there in a while and it was pretty tasty. I do like my Mexican food. It'll be a while before I get to nibble on it again.
Thursday (4/28) we met up with Pam and Kevin J. for a lunch at Napa FlatsThe weather was nice enough that we ate outside. They were on their way to Houston to take care of their grandchildren for a couple days. We might have occupied the table for a good hour and half. We always have good conversations.
Like I said this week is about going out to eat before I can't for a while.
Friday (4/29) we met up with our good friends Larry and Sylvia for Catfish at Independence General Store. Larry's son is home from Connecticut and was with them. We had planned on eating catfish but the poor girl who took our order had to come back out and tell us they were sold out. Well shoot. So we had to make new choices. But the company was still great and so was our food of which was hamburgers and I had their nachos. Yum.
Sunday (5/1) was a day of liquid. Now to reveal what's going on. Tomorrow I will start my weight loss/ Life journey. After refusing the suggestion by doctors I finally agreed to have bariatric sleeve surgery. It was a decision I struggled with but I've struggled with my weight for years and now I can't get my knee replaced until I lose quite a bit of weight. So it's time. Originally I wasn't going to say anything but I hope you'll start seeing a change and now you'll know why.
Monday (5/2) at 4:30am we headed to the hospital. Oh I forgot to mention that my doctor and surgeon is in the Woodlands which is 2 hours away.
Got all checked in and dressed in my new fashionable warm gown. The gown had a warmer in it. It was great. And IV in and meds already started. Don't remember much after that. 
 
After the surgery when I woke up I expected pain and nausea but to my surprise I didn't have any except when I had to get out of bed to go to the bathroom. Oh yeah there's the pain. And then it was gone. I had to stay the night since I lived so far so they could monitor me. The length of the stay depends on how you handle pain, nausea or if there's any issue with the 5 incisions. Yep there's 5 cuts. All have healed up nicely. Only the main one on the left side is still semi tender but nothing major. 
Tuesday (5/3) Before I got out of hospital they wanted to give me some more meds through my IV before pulling it out. OUCH Ouch. There's a problem and that hurts. I looked at my hand and realized the IV must have pulled out because all the liquid was just under the skin. .
Phase 1 of the is all clear liquids which included Diet cranberry juice and broth for 4 days. Plus a few other things but I did fine. 
Phase 2 is called full liquids and I got to add protein shakes, cream soups, sugar free jello and pudding and yogurt. Start this on the 5th day through May 17th.
On that day the doctor told me I could start Phase 3. Which is adding 2 oz of pureed food. I'll be on this for 3 weeks. So I've tolerated everything I've had. I'm get a protein shake and 2 meals of 2 oz of pureed whatever.
It was nice getting something that wasn't sweet.
Oh and the doctor tells me to start walking and working towards a mile. mmm Small problem with that.... my knee and then Friday I was running the dust mop through the house when I tipped the heavy bar stool to remove puppy fuzz and the chair slipped and fell directly across my toes. At least it's on the same side as my bad knee.  Looks pretty doesn't it. Bruno decided my blanket is his blanket so I used him as a foot stool. Oh you haven't met Bruno yet.
I have to avoid alcohol, caffeine for next 6 months and straws forever. 
That's it for now. I'll update my Phases as I progress. But now about Bruno.
On May 6th David asked if I'd go see a dog in Caldwell. He's 11 months old, a border collie mix and he needs to be rescued. We've been missing Lilley and it's been lonely without a dog so I went with him to check out Bruno. He's pretty cute and friendly.  Soo who could say No to that face. He came home with us. All 61 lbs.
Bruno got a new collar and I got pretty roses for Mother's Day. Win Win! If you ask me.

Bruno was all excited when we opened the door to go outside. And all the cows and Jerry came running to the fence. They couldn't figure out what he was. He's as big as the calves and he wasn't barking. I didn't get a picture of his and Jerry's interaction but they were nose to nose and Bruno even gave him kisses. His favorite spot in the yard to watch the cows.
Bruno also thinks he's a lap dog.  He tries to be real sneaky. He leans up and puts his head in David's lap then he very slowly brings up one paw at a time. It's really funny.
The weekend of the May 12th we babysat the Bri and Sophie. Well the girls weren't impressed with the big guy but he kept trying to play with them. This is one picture of Bri close to Bruno. 
Of course Bruno would try to push her away from us when she was getting attention. Eventually I hope they become friends. He makes even Bri look small.
I went out and took pictures of my Desert Willow and Roses. This is the fullest my desert willow has been since David planted it.  And my roses are looking good on the eastside of the house.
This is a couple of the roses outside my east window in the sewing room.
  
Shock of Shocks, I'm actually all caught on the events in my our life.  Of course I'm sure I'll come up with something to bore you with in my next blog.
Until then...n  Like quilts, Pets bring joy to our lives






2 comments:

Linda said...

I love your life and I’m praying for you and this new lifestyle! We had to do one when Louis Dean had his first heart attack!

Diana Patton said...

I know you will do great💖