Wednesday, May 11, 2022

and...

So much for catching up on my posts. April was an extremely busy month for things that needed to get done before May, but more on that later.

While at quilt retreat David sent me a picture the tomatoes saying he got all 32 planted. Uhhh yeah he called and said I made a mistake there was more and now you have like 74 tomato plants. I see a lot of canning in my future. But all the veggies are now planted. 
David is my over achiever for sure. We shouldn't starve that's for sure.  The bed is full of squash and zucchini I think.
David and I were running errands in Bryan/College Station and I saw the car of my dreams.  Cough cough.  I really expected to see a clown in the car when we drove up beside it.  Nope just a regular guy. LOL
4/12 As we drove out the driveway David had to show me our bluebonnets that showed up at the entrance. LOL In the next couple weeks had a few more plus 1 batch showed up along the fence line with Red, White and Pink poppies. Not many but a few. Maybe more will show up next year. Headed to the dentist and and orthopedic appointment for David.  We had just enough time after the dentist to try a new place for us in Tomball call Tejas: Chocolate and BBQ. I wish I could give it raving reviews but I can't but apparently other people loved the place because they were packed by the time we got there.  The prices were crazy. I think we paid almost $60 for food and drinks before we left. My loaded baked potato with meat was like $17. 
A side was $8. The meat was tender but we didn't taste the smoke flavor. Sorry we won't be going back. We'd be bankrupted. It was disappointing because we'd heard so much about the place.
On Tuesday 4/19 we lost our beautiful fur baby unexpectedly. We are devastated and the tears still come easy. She woke up that morning like normal. She was ready to eat and play with David bright and early and when they came back inside she was ready to get back in bed with me till I woke up.
I felt her walking around and when I opened my eyes she fell against me and her legs shot out straight and stiff. She looked at me and sighed. It was over. 
We just don't understand. The Vet checked her out but the only explanation was a brain aneurism.  It has been very lonely with out her. She was our constant companion. She supervised David while he planted the garden and me when sewing or cooking. We miss her dearly. 



This post got a little long so I'll post the rest later.
Untli next blog...Dogs are like friends, a great source of comfort.








 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you, Carla!
Linda C

Anonymous said...

Miss you Carla. The office is just not the same without you.

So sorry about your pup.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful garden!!! I’m so sorry about your beautiful Fur baby Lilley. But looks like Bruno is making y’all very happy!!! ❌⭕️❌⭕️