Wednesday, January 31, 2018

A Little Snow, A Little Fun with Love in the Air

Snow is a rarity in my neck of the words. David predicted it.  He said with a hurricane comes snow for us. And he was right. December 8th snow and ice were predicted and the school districts took notice and closed. They closed for 2 days because of the snow and ice. Lilley wasn't afraid of the white but sure was confused by it and her frozen water bowl.


Okay my northern friends I know it's no big deal up there but we're not prepared for that kind of weather and the road hazards. And we sure don't want an in-experienced driver driving our school buses with precious cargo.
 A co-worker Margaret and I both plan on retiring and moving to our farms. She already has a home built on her pretty piece of property and as you know we're working on finding a builder. In fact her floor plan is one David and I found on-line and really liked it. My retirement is pending until we get a feel for the cost of building but my sweet friend up and retired in December. It wasn't announced until her last 7 days. At that time one of her co-workers in her department came to me asking if I could think of something they could give Margaret before she leaves. 
Maybe something quilty. Margaret is a quilter but way better than I. Oh boy 7 days to make something quilty. After talking I got an idea to make a signature block. 
Jamay reminded me that Margaret loved her birds and quilting.
So I asked my friend Donna Marie to help embroidery some little birds and some wording on the block and I did a scrappy block alternating with white for her department to sign on. Each little bird holds something quilty. I think it turned out okay on short notice. Margaret recently sent me a note for my part in her retirement present from her department. Her farm is about an hour away from my farm but we have a pending quilting date whenever I'm out her way. 
Recently I had a weekend filled with Wedding activities. My hair stylist/friend recently tied the knot with her true love. We started off with a couples party at Painting With A Twist in Tomball.  What!, we're doing sunflowers? Not at all what I expected from my Tim Burton movie loving friend.

Here's the happy couple. Love is in the air I tell you.  Brittany Bunch and Jordan Tunstal. Just a couple more days of the single life.  ;o)
           

 Joyce caught me taking pictures over her shoulder.  Nice start Joyce.

What a better way to spend my Friday evening. Painting, drinking wine, and laughing. Time went really fast and before we knew we were done. 
 Not bad for a "Bunch" of amateurs. After painting they headed to Molly's Pub just down the road for a few more adult drinks while I headed home. I needed to be able to drive home safely.   But I had fun.
Then it was time for a wedding on a Sunday evening in Katy at Multiplicity. It's a really cute venue. The wedding and reception was held outside. While the sun was up it was a little chilly but after the sun went down it got down right cold. There were fleece blankets in baskets and heaters to keep warm. I have to share pictures of the pretty bride, venue and decor. 

Everything was as beautiful and unique as Brittany. I was honored to be included on her special day. She's my hairstylist and friend. She's such a sweet young lady and deserves all the happiness that Jordan and life can give her.

 Her table themes reflect her love of Tim Burton movies.
 

This is the one on the Bride and Grooms Table. Too cute. 

 I even ran into an old friend from quilting bee. She went off and moved to Round Rock for a new job and be closer to family. Barbara T. looked great.

Pamela had to have a selfie with Brittany.
 
 Oh and guess who caught the bouquet?! Yep Pamela. Shortly after catching it Pamela hollers to Brittany...... "Where's the man, I thought it came with the man?"  LOL Only my kid.





This was a fun wedding. The bridal party were so cute.

Well that's it for now but I'll have more to share later. You know it. Well what can I say there's always something to do.

Until next blog.... New love in bloom now fills your life/ As you (Brittany and Jordan) become husband and wife

2 comments:

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Carla, love the sunflower pics. Sounds like fun. The bride looks beautiful, gorgeous dress and love the matching bouquet and hair..I bet you all had a great time at the wedding..Happy Weekend..Judy

Art and Sand said...

Fun wedding theme!

I love the idea of doing the paint party. I see people posting them, but I have never looked into one.

Good luck on getting the building started on your house. I always thought it would be exciting to build from scratch, but also scary. I tend to make decisions on things like tile and counters and then change my mind when they are installed.