Friday, January 12, 2018

2017 went out with a Pop and 2018 arrived

I was able to be off the whole week of Christmas but it went too fast. Didn't really get a lot accomplished during that time but did spend time with my family. Poor David spent the time fighting a sinus infection or cold. Not sure which but it's still making him miserable. In fact he's still fighting it but not as bad. I've just been trying to stay away from everyone here at the office that was sick before Christmas and David at home. I don't want to be sick. NO NO NO. 

To end 2017, Saturday the 30th we had a date night and were able to take in a music event at Main Street Crossing in Tomball. 
One of my favorite Texas Rockabilly's Jesse Dayton was opening for a Reverend Horton Heat. We knew we wanted to see Jesse so we got tickets and in the process we found another artist we like. Reverend Horton and Jesse rocked those guitars. The Reverend Horton had some great stories and songs. Great evening.





Nice way to end the Music year.








For New Years Eve we went by the farm to make sure the water was turned off to the tanks and then on to Groesbeck, TX to hang with the Harper's.  It was freezing outside.
A balmy 27 with a wind chill factor around 15. 
I pulled out a hat that my sister Barb bought for David while she was on tour in Afghanistan. All the men there wore them. It kept my head nice and toasty as long as it didn't blow off with the strong winds.



Of the 4 sorority sisters that were always together 

during college it was just me and Sheryl that night. 
Gigi and Tim were out of town and Kathy and Mark had to take care of their animals because of the freezing temps. So the wine was all ours. Okay so maybe we shared some with Sheryl's daughter in law and future daughter in law.
This was a new wine from Fiesta that came in mine and Pamela's wine club shipment. Pretty tasty.  Didn't take long to polish it off.

David and I didn't stay till midnight since we weren't sure what the roads would be like. It was sleeting on us on the way up and we wanted to take it slow and easy on the way back home which was about a 2 1/2 hour drive. Thankfully the Road Gods were with us and the roads were dry. 
Some how we ended up in stair step order for our picture. Thanks to Richard Sheryl's son for taking. Ross and Sheryl on the outside with David and I in the middle.
Great friends and conversation to end the year.







Pamela was going to come up with us to
Groesbeck but we were gonna get back to late so she stayed home to feed the dogs and then went to her long time friends house to bring in the New year. 
She was a smart girl and stayed the night at Marlaina and Josh's instead of being on the roads after midnight with all the other drunks. To be honest she might have had her share of adult beverage and didn't need to be driving.

My nephew Zachariah recently sent a picture on snapchat commenting on the weather in my hometown Trenton, Missouri. Wow! That's not gray in his beard, that's frost.
I don't miss that kind of cold at all. 


David headed to the farm last Saturday 1/5 and said "Why don't you go hang out with Pam for the day" mmm maybe, well okay.. Of Course I didn't remembered that there was a reunion luncheon  for WTS, the company I worked for many moons ago. Didn't cross my mind until I saw a post of all my former co-workers. Geez. But I did go up to hang out with Pamela. We drove up to the farm and took David some lunch and on our way up we texted my friend Sheryl to see if maybe she'd want to meet us at a new winery we found called the Dancing Bee.

Love that name. 

Unfortunately Sheryl couldn't make it so after hanging out with David for a while and checking out where we think we'll build the house Pamela I headed out to find the Dancing Bee Winery on our own. It's part of the Walker Honey Farm. It's located on 190 between Rodgers and Temple. They have a patio to sit on and enjoy your wine but it was a little too chilly to sit outside that day and if you're hungry they have a food truck to order from. They said their pizza was awesome.  Maybe next time we'll have some wine and pizza..  After the wine tasting Pamela got a glass of their sangria. I abstained and just looked around the shop. It was very tasty.  Can you see the dancing bee on the glass?

Well we definitely liked the place and our hostess was 
awesome. 
Dang it I forgot her name.She was funny, informative and cute. 
Maybe it was Kara. 
Something 
with a K I think. Anyway the other gals there were really nice too. 
Pamela posted on FB about us being at the winery and my brother-in-law came back with "I think you girls have a drinking problem"
to which I reply something to this effect.
People say I got a drinkin' problem
But I got no problem drinkin' at all
 from Midland Country song
We have no problem we just enjoy our wine when we can.
We hated to live but it was time to head back to Pam's and meet David for dinner.

He hadn't left the farm as we came back by so we stopped and we decided to meet at Sodolak's in Bryan on Hwy 21 for dinner.  Can you say Yummy? I ordered Fried Pork Chops. I haven't had fried pork chops since I was a kid and that was a long time ago. Holy cow they were huge plus with 2 sides. I should have taken a picture but I was hungry and the idea of taking a picture went bye bye. I ate one chop and took the other one home along with part of my loaded mashed taters. I finished off my okra though. Then the worst part was when I left Pamela's Sunday morning I forgot my left overs. Uggh so Pamela had a nice lunch or dinner on me.  
This week started off with me feeling bad. It wasn't a cold or the flu but I definitely was in a funk. I set me up a doctors appointment for Friday but now I'm feeling better. Oh well may go anyway just to make sure.
So this is it for now. I'll be on more adventures this coming weekend.

Until next Blog... 





No comments: