Friday, February 10, 2017

Gone to the Dogs and a little Quilting


OMG I have never seen my grand-dog look like a drenched rat. Poor darlin. The gal at Top Paw Pet Spa in College Station always takes the cutest pictures of her clients in various themes but I've never seen pictures from the work area like this. She had a picture of one of the dogs with the fur pulled up into mohawk. 
It was too funny. Sophie is always so fluffy when I see her. She doesn't look so happy in her bath picture but she's so pretty after Misty is finished with her.






Last weekend I went to College Station for another Round Robin hand off. I finished the medallion border I was working on 48 hours before the hand off. Unlike the last time where I was
sewing the night before and a few touch ups that morning of the hand off. That was stressful so finishing 2 days before was awesome. This is the medallion I just added a border to. 

The medallion is only pinned together here but by the time I got it, it already had a border on it from the previous round. Can't wait to show you all the final quilt tops once we're all done. That will probably be sometime this summer. Everyone is on a learning curve but doing a pretty great job. I really can't wait to see what my quilt top looks like. Our next hand off will be while we're at Quilt Retreat in March so I need to get busy on my new medallion I need to add borders too. Yikes.After the hand off I headed back to Pamela's and we headed to Messina Hof Winery that's just a mile down the road from her house where we indulged in some adult beverage of choice. 
Nice way to end the day. I know my friend Linda from Linda's Life Journal agrees.


When we got back to Pamela's we sat down to watch a movie and I called David real quick to say good night. He asked if the girls were having fun and running around and my answer was not now and I sent him this picture. 
They must have played all day. We found the pillows from the couch were on the floor and the toys were in different locations. They can be rowdy little Indians when they get going.

To my surprise and shock Lilley slept in till 9am. That's totally uncharacteristic. Her normal get up time is between 5 and 6. She's gonna have to change that when we retire and don't have to get up for work. But when she woke up she was right next to me with her front paw tapping me..... "Wake up Mommy"


I had to steal this photo my friend Linda took. Isn't it beautiful? I love how the colors look like they are shooting up out of the ground. 



Then two days later I caught this sunset from the house patio. 

God is providing us with beautiful skies to enjoy.







Needed another quilt for Pamela's friend from nursing school for her sweet baby boy. I had bought a Jaybird Designs pattern called Stereo and this is what I ended up with.
I also bought the Super Sidekicker ruler. It was optional but a quilter can never have enough rulers and toys. I have another quilt to make that uses the same ruler so it won't be a one time use. Anyway the pattern called for 2 layer cakes which is precut 10" squares. I had yardage that I cut. I could have used a couple more fabric choices but I used what I had and I think it came out pretty cute. 
The theme was nautical and my sweet quilter quilted it with anchors. I took a picture of the back so you could see the quilting. I love it. Donna at Donna's Lavender Nest always does a great job and I totally trust her to pick a great quilting design. 
Then I saw this cute idea on pinterest for a label. Now they used the baby's hand but I used the baby's foot prints. 
The ruler shows how big those tiny feet are when he was born. A keepsake type memory.  I thought it was a cute idea.
And I'm told baby Logan loves his new quilt.
Well that's it for now.
Until next blog post...“I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.”  ~ Jerome K. Jerome



















2 comments:

Linda said...

Loved seeing what you have been up to! Forgot that David calls the dogs his 'girls' and I thought he was talking about you and Pam!! Hahaha! That's what Harrison calls his sisters - my girls!
I'm always amazed at your beautiful quilts! You are a true artist! You just use a needle instead of a paint brush!
I loved the wine glass shot! Last night I saw the bloody Shiner you posted on Facebook - what is that?
I would love to go to that winery with you and Pam. Someday when you guys retire, I'll come down and see you! Maybe Amber will come and we could make a mother/daughter outing of it!
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Carla, the sunsets are gorgeous as are the quilts. The little guy looks adorable wrapped up in his. How funny the dogs look when wet. If that's all you got to see you never would imagine how beautiful they really are. Our little one, loves to go in PetSmart (where he gets his baths) but he really hugs the floor when going by the door into the groomers. After that he thinks it is the best place!..Happy Tuesday..Judy