Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Closing out February


Well I had planned on getting at least 3 post this month but I guess that didn't happen and I'm gonna sneak this one in before the month is gone. February really seemed to fly by. February was my 6th year of blogging. Wow who would have thunk it.. ;o)
Check  out this homemade doll.. No I didn't make it. My mother was looking at it at the flea market recently and the man just gave it too her saying his wife would carry that doll and sometimes talk to it. Anyway he thought it needed a new home and Mom didn't have the heart to say No but then she handed it off to me. LOL 
Well I thought I'd hand it off the Ashley's daughter Aria.
That was a big NO GO.  Aria was afraid of the doll.  I started calling it Chuckie's sister. You know the possessed killer doll. Well to make it worse Ashley grabbed a knife and put it in the doll's hand and put it in her boss's chair while he was at lunch.  LOL.

When he opened his door and saw the doll he goes "no no no" and then started laughing. He gently removed the knife and put the doll and knife on Ashley's desk. She may have ended up in a couple of other chairs through the day. This doll is scary cute.

She now sits quietly on Ashley's desk....................

I went up to visit Mom a couple of weeks ago. I picked her up and took her to a place called Ransom for lunch. She's been wanting a hamburger and this place has some pretty damn good burgers. She doesn't eat a whole lot but she ate half of that big ole burger. After that we went to shop at the Rancher's Daughter there in Montgomery. They have some really cute tops but sometimes they can be pricey too but she found a really cute top for only $35 so I bought it for her. Oh and they have wine. I might have bought 3 bottles. My stock at home is getting low until Pamela and I head to Fredericksburg in April for Wine and Fun.
Image may contain: 1 person, on stage, playing a musical instrument and indoor
Photo from Max Stalling 
On the 22nd of February David and I met up with our friends the Ragan's at Main Street Crossing in Tomball to get our fix of Max and Heather Stallings. We hadn't seen them in some time. Was glad we got to go.  They are awesome and cute together.

Then a week ago Pamela came home and we met up with her God Mother Gigi and my God Daughter Michelle for a quick lunch at our favorite Tea Room in Tomball called the Whistle Stop.  We don't get together so often but we try to catch up with each other and exchange birthday and Christmas gifts. Yeah I know Christmas is over but we stretched it out. After lunch we did a little shopping at the Turqoise Door and then we went to a coffee shop around the corner from the tea room. I need to go back and find out the name and maybe try it out for the food not so much the coffee even though my God daughter Michelle says it's really good. I know I saw some of the food they served looked really yummy. 

This past weekend I went to farm with David. He was able to mow almost all of the property the weekend before. It looks really great. And we can sit on the stairs of the mini mansion and see the pond. It's filling up nicely. The pond is such a pretty green it blends into the grass.
It was a really breezy brisk 46 degree day.  So I tried to avoid the wind but didn't win. I tried to sit on the patio of mini mansion  to catch some rays of sunshine for some warmth. This is the view I see facing west. Not a bad view.
Oh and David started re-stocking our pond. There's a suggested way to do this. First we add 5#'s of minnows and 2 different sizes of perch. David said he might add more this coming weekend when goes back up and then in the fall he'll add bass. Fun. 
Lilley was watching a bug skim across the water and suddenly went into the water to catch it.  I yelled stop and she backed up slowly like how did I get my paws wet.  I have a feeling she may go swimming when the water is warm one day.
At lunch time David, I and Lilley jumped in the truck to find food. Our favorite BBQ in Gause hasn't been open lately so down the road we went. We ended up in Taylor Texas about 45 miles from the farm. We heard about Taylor and their BBQ on the show called Day Tripper. We ended up at the Taylor Cafe n BBQ. The owner Vencil Mares recently celebrated his 93rd birthday. He comes to work everyday and sits at a table. David talked with him briefly. Mr Mares has quite a history. Not a fancy place and for us the BBQ was okay. It was tender but needed a tad more seasoning or something. 

Back at the farm I went looking for some wild flowers and all I found was this daisy. When we turned down the road to our farm we saw a few Indian paint brushes but that's it. Hopefully our bluebonnets will come up soon. And since David just mowed we should be able to see them this year. 
Last year the clover was so tall we had a hard time finding the bluebonnets but they were there. Check out the acorn on the Red Oak. It's huge. Much larger than the Live Oaks acorns.


 Lilley stayed by my side most of the time but would wonder off to sniff around the trees or fence line. She stepped into this ant bed and really ticked them off. Run....If she wasn't walking and checking things out she hung out on the patio letting the wind blow through her fur.

She's so pretty. She enjoys the running around but neither of us like it when I'm pulling cockle burs out of her fur. Thank goodness this week she's going to the Doggie Spa to get cleaned up. 
When I hollered for Lilley to come on it's time to go home she ran to the porch and looked back at me like  "No I'm not ready to leave"
Back home to the pot of stew I've had in the crock pot all day. mmmmm
I spent the next day sewing. I finished a quilt top for a first time Grandma. It's off to the quilter. I'll reveal the top after I gift it to my friend. And I'm working on my next medallion in our Round Robin. Gotta get'er done because we're doing our next hand off at retreat in a week and half.

This week Pamela and I start celebrating another year the world has had to put up with enjoy us. 


Until next blog... Life on the farm is better

2 comments:

Linda said...

I just love reading about your adventures! Is Whistle Stop the tea room y'all took me to way back when?
I'm so looking forward to when you guys retire! If you have this much fun NOW - just wait until you don't have to spend all that time with your jobs!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Wow, Carla. That farm gets to looking prettier and prettier. I don't think I have seen the mini mansion's porch before. How peaceful it must be when you get to spend time there. I can remember when we just came on weekends to our cottage in Grass Valley and couldn't wait until we moved permanently, but I almost wish I still had that to look forward to. It is so hard not to take things for granted after awhile..Happy Thursday and thanks for your visit..Judy