Sunday, August 21, 2016

And the Wheels Keep Turning

I just can't seem to catch up on my blogging so let's see if can I try now. I've got so much to type.....

A few weeks back in July David and I took a quick trip to Austin to celebrate another Taco Bell Gang member turning 60. Pamela said she would be our dog sitter for the weekend so Lilley and Sophie got to play. Since I already had Friday off David and I decided we'd drive up to Marble Falls first and use some of our hotel points and stay the night at the Hampton on the Lake.
Let's hit the road. 
Before getting there we made a couple of stops. First stop was Mueller Metal Buildings. Yep we're gonna get serious about this building stuff. We stopped off there to discuss the idea of building a barndominium. We have found a floor plan that we like but just have to decide if this is what we want versus a traditional home. Of course some this will boil down to that green stuff. The meeting was very informative and we got name of a few contractors that we need to call to get more quotes and ideas from. So many things to figure out and look out. 
From here we drove out to the Rockin K to check on things but as I posted last time our mini mansion only had framing for the patio cover and the barn only had the the framing for the side lean to and the front extension completed. And then with the rain it wasn't completed last Friday either. Not sure exactly when it's gonna happen. David is getting a little frustrated but I know it will be done soon. I hope.
Next stop was to look at models at Tilson Homes Builder and get some pricing in Georgetown. While there she gave use some other ideas and suggestions and lots of informative facts and figures about building, cost, and financing. She also told us to check out the models at a couple of the other locations that might suit our wants even more. Which at this time we have and I think we've found the one we like with a few modifications. Now we just have to get the pricing back for building a barndo and compare the pros and cons of each.
After this we drove on in to Marble Falls. Our Hotel was right on the lake and our room actually had a view of the lake. Not bad.  It was getting a little late in the evening and we were getting hungry and had decided to eat at the River City Grill right next to the hotel. They had some great food and drinks. David got a jalapeno margarita and I got a Bloody Mary. We ordered their green chili queso for an appetizer and it was sooo good. I had fish taco's for dinner that were really good and I can't remember what David had. I was enjoying mine too much. 
After dinner we went out and set off to the side of the pool to enjoy the sites of the lake. It was warm but it was tolerable. It was nice just relaxing with the hubby.

Next morning we hit a couple of antique places to see what we could find. We saw some ideas for later but for now we kept most of our money in our pocket. So we headed on out to Austin to enjoy the birthday party and the birthday boy.
Here's Kevin the birthday boy at the ripe age of 18 standing on a cooler in the Taco Bell on Bellfort and Telephone Rd area. It's been torn down since then. Photo was taken by the Bell Gang historian Tom Flaherty. They gave him a bad time back then for always taking pictures but now they're glad to have those memories. The trophy in the foreground was something an Austin friend and fellow golfer awarded him for participating in the game of golf. Kevin was well roasted. 
A picture of the Bell Gang guys present at the party.
L=R :Billy, Carter, Birthday Boy Kevin, David, Tom. Kevin wasn't going to be 60 for 2 more days so in the picture only David and Tom are already 60. Billy and Carter are closing in fast if I remember right.
We had a lot of fun. We always do when we get together with this gang. They were giving us and a couple others hell because we'd turned 60 and did so quietly without fan fare. What can I say our plate was full. Can't speak for the others. 
We were invited back the next day for an early lunch but we got up earlier and had breakfast at Kerby Lane. MMMMMM. We got there in time and only had to wait 15 minutes. If you get there after 9:30am you could wait an hour or more. I got Egg Francisco. And David got Migas. He has to get them everywhere and he couldn't resist ordering an apple pancake to share. That put us over the top, way too much. But OMG so tasty good!

Then recently Pamela went with me to my sorority charity luncheon and auction to benefit the Children's Miracle Network Hospital
& Texas Children's Hospital. This year I only won one item in the raffle but nothing from the auction. This year it was at Pappasitos out by the Reliant. Food was really good but the shape of the venue was kinda awkward. It was 'L' shaped and there was no PA system so the speaker was trying to throw their voice two different directions. 
Still had a good time and it's always nice seeing Phi Mu Sisters that I don't see on a regular basis. I try to see Sheryl ever so often. That's her sweet and beautiful daughter in law Abby with her.
Pamela took a picture of the 3 amigos ... Me ...  Kathy ... and Sheryl
I returned the favor and snapped a picture of my beautiful daughter.
Even capture Linda B. running around
She's is always friendly and has a smile on her face. She never lacks for conversation.

Never a dull moment with this gal.

Not only was it salsa lunch time it was Sheryl's birthday! She turned...... ummm well I'll never tell.  Her grandson Bentley thought she might need help blowing out all those candles so he had his other Grandma, Phyllis pick him up so he could help. LOL
Just one big fun day with friends.




Well that's where I'll leave you for now.

Until next blog...“In three words I can sum up what I’ve learned about life: It goes on”
- Robert Frost

3 comments:

Linda said...

It's always fun catching up with you!! Never a dull moment for you guys!!

KaHolly said...

Busy, busy! Barndominium? That's a new one for me!

donna said...

You have been a busy gal. I say go with the Barn much more fun. lol!
How you have a great week. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Hugs
donna