Friday, March 22, 2024

The celebrating continues

Pamela & Laina
 On Sunday 3/3 We continued to celebrate with friends and future family members. It was a beautiful day to have folks up to the Rock'n K. Thank goodness Pamela took some pictures because I sure didn't.  Lunch was hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, potato salad by Kelli and baked beans by Tori.   Marlaina brought cookies for dessert and I had a Lemon Curd over cream cheese with graham crackers to snack on. 
Braxton and his friend Connor
After lunch the boys were ready to go fishing. They caught a couple to show off.
Josh and Kaleb baited the hooks and then released the fish the boys caught.
Can't thank them enough. My friend Pam J. in Austin made the lemon curd. Everyone loved it. Everything was very tasty. Tummies were filled and happy.

         
Josh, Conner  Braxton, Killian and Kaleb         Killian and Thomas
Kaleb's parents, Kevin & Tori came this year. And our friends John and Kelli joined us. It was fun watching the kids have a good time. Mine and Pamela's hair stylist and friend Brittany brought her daughter Addy up to play too. She started off shy but it didn't take her long to join in.
Tuesday (3/5) David treated me to day outing for my actual birthday. We went looking for blue bonnets and Wilson Valley Mercantile in Little River-Academy. Not far from the drag strip that David raced at on the 2nd. 
We found it. One of our favorite Texas musicians are playing there on the 23rd of March. The goal was to goal but I have a day quilt retreat I signed up for and David said there was a race he wanted to maybe go watch. Well that's okay. Now we know where it is and we can watch for other music events and try to go then.
They had my favorite yard art. A rusty old truck. David is keeping his eye open for a rusty truck or an old tractor for us. But dang that stuff is costly so maybe not.
We took off down the road just to see what we could see and ended up in some nice areas. The lots were big and the house were really nice. So was the landscaping. Nothing we could afford even if we were looking to buy. LOL
Our next stop was for some lunch at the Oscar Store. We had never been and I had heard they were good.  Found it!
And the food was good! And the quantity.. wow. I came home with leftovers.
The special was meat loaf, mashed potatoes and green beans. The sauce on the meat loaf wasn't your typical catsup sauce. It had a tang to it. Really good. And David got us Peach Cobbler for dessert to share. Oh my Lanta.. So good, but I was so full that David had to eat most of it by himself as if that really hurt his feelings.

And here was the only bluebonnet picture I captured while out riding around but they didn't show up so great. But there were plenty out there to see. And there's even more now.
Wednesday (3/6) I had a doctors and an oil change appointment in Bryan/College Station. After the doctors appointment I had some time to waste so I ran to Sew Vac on Hwy 6 and who should I run into.... but my former co-worker, quilter and friend Margaret Grice.  We comment on each others FB post but it's been probably 3-4 years since we saw each other face to face. LOL  I was in a corner and heard the woman's voice and thought.. I know that voice so I peeked around the corner to see if it was but I still wasn't sure. So as she was walking away I hollered her name.. I figure if it wasn't her she'd just keep walking but she slowly turned around and sure enough it was her.  It was great seeing and talking with her. She lives about an hour and 15 minutes further north from my house.  Country living has suited her. I think she looks younger than when we worked together.

My niece Shelby sent me a picture of Ramsey on his quilt I made him.  He was sound asleep when I delivered it but he looks wide awake on his quilt now. Sweet. Hope he gets lots of use out of it.

And last week I got a text from my other niece, Jessica who said that she finally got baby Penny to lay down for a nap and sleep in her crib for 45 minutes so far thanks to my quilt. LOL.  I doubt my quilt had much to do with baby girl sleeping but I do appreciate the confidence in the powers of the quilt I made Penny.

It makes me feel good when I know the quilts are getting used.
My Kelli took me to lunch Friday (3/8) for my birthday at the Cameron Beer Market in Cameron. Yum... Then we went shopping at the Bling Box around the corner from there. The boutique has some really cute clothes, jewelry and shoes. Check out these cute tennis shoes and the ones that are all blinged out.

And check out these cute sandals with all the bling. The sole was so soft and cushiony. Now I'd probably fall off of them and break an ankle but they're really cute.  This shop has a coupon of like 25% each month plus other incentives.

Sunday 3/10... The car is loaded and I'm headed to The Material Girls 22nd Quilt Retreat. But before I could drive away I had to catch a picture of our two new calves for 2024. First one was born 3/1 and the next one was born 3/7. They were both laying by fence near the garage so I had to snap a picture. We aren't sure yet but we think one is a boy and one is a girl. They're so cute when they play.
Well that's it for now. I was headed out so the next post will be about quilting and friends.
Until next blog...Dear self,  don’t get worked up over things you can’t change or people you don’t understand.  It’s not worth the anxiety or the heartache. Control only what you can….   Let Go

No comments: