Well here I go again. The month is almost over and I'm just now putting together a blog post of everything happening.
Started the month off with a few doctor visits and surprise my A1C is 5.3. Yahoo! It hasn't been that low in at least 15+ years. And the rest of the lab work numbers were all in the normal range. Now they didn't test brain waves but bloodwork was all good. The brain probably wouldn't come back normal. lol
Thursday 7/9 was book club time. Our book for discussion this month was "Confessions on the 7:45" by Lisa Unger chosen by Peggy. This was a good book but a little crazy. The wife discovers her husband is having a fling with the nanny via the Nanny cam. Ooops. Then for some odd reason she decides to tell a total stranger on the 7:45 train the whole story. But there's a few twists and turns and some people aren't who they appear to be. The Detective is determined to sort out all the facts and find the truth.
For this meeting we met at Emily's home. Plenty of room in the dining area and no extra noise. We make plenty of our own noise chattering about anything and everything.These ladies are so much fun. Then maybe tonight Jamie helped by making and bringing the jello shots.
Didn't take an official picture of the group but got this one. It happens. Until next month..

Isn't Jerry handsome with the yellow of the pasture in the background. The next picture is of Jerry and a new friend. When I drove up they were nose to nose.

He actually has lots of new friends. We ended up selling our last 6 cows and now lease our property to the young man down the road. One less thing for David to worry about. At least he doesn't have to worry about me killing him with a hay bale. 😲 I would never.
This is a busy month. On Saturday 7/11 we and the other Kennedy's went to the Gin on Nolan Creek for a yummy dinner and then over to Wilson Valley Mercantile in Little River for drinks and the music of Trick Myers.
These are David's volunteer purslanes. This is the first time they've come up like this. We had two hanging baskets of them and this year all these popped up. Love them. Hopefully they'll return again next year and more. 
On Sunday 7/12 I went to Houston with Pamela for our friend Brittany and Avery's baby shower. They're opening the baby quilt I made and Pamela helped with the design. And I made special quilted gift postcard
Big sister Adelina helped. She has a quilt I made her when she was born and now little sister will have her own quilt.
I hope the little one likes her new quilt to keep warm and wrapped in hugs.
On Wednesday 7/15 the exercise group got together and surprised our friend Michele for her birthday. She's out of commission since she broke her foot and had to have surgery on it.
She has a scooter to keep her foot up. She's not been allowed to put weight on it. Her husband kept the secret and Michele couldn't figure out why all the cars were pulling up to her house. LOL Surprise! We only stayed a couple hours so we wouldn't wear her out. Found that as of last Thursday I think she can put partial weight on her foot. We miss her smile at exercise. A few days later the book club went out to celebrate the 3 girls who have birthdays in July-September early.
We started at Hush & Whisper in downtown Bryan for drinks and then on to Casa Monarca for supper. So much fun! Good drinks, food and friendship.
Most but not all of the drinks were served with orchids. Emily even got one with a popsicle in it. I had a yummy chocolate martini with a sprig of mint. The drinks had interesting names and can't remember a one of them right now.The birthday girls. Sheri in Orange, Linda with blue print top and Ina is in the next picture with Kelli.
I'm pretty sure they and everyone else had a great time. Even the drinks at Casa Monarco came with orchids.
The first drink is my spicy margarita. My first margarita since 2020 when I went into Afib after having a margarita. It didn't cause it, it just happened but I avoided them for the last 6 years.
Kelli had her own flight of margarita's.Emily and Teri shared a flight and tasted each one to determine which they liked best.
And the food was soooo good. This is just the food I got pictures of.
I can't say enough about the service either. The staff were very attentive and got all the orders out in a timely manner. They brought lemon drop shots for the birthday girls and a piece of cheesecake. Too cool. This group of 10 had no complaints but had lots of fun.

I'll end on this happy note. Oh wait let me ask this question...How can our baby girl be comfortable like this? LOL This is how she sleeps most nights. But Sadie is all proper when laying on her pallet in the den.
Until next post...A true
friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that
you are slightly cracked. ~ Bernard
Meltzer
No comments:
Post a Comment