Saturday, July 30, 2022

Have you ever wondered about....

 

 I'm just asking. My husband spends a lot of time at Home Depot. LOL






On July 21st my friend got to ring that bell. She has had her last chemo treatment and she's on her way to reconstructive surgery. I'm sending her lots of prayers and best wishes. Love that smile!





Pamela asked us to babysit our grand fluffs for one night. So after my workout on Friday 7/22 I picked them up. They like coming to see they Grampy but Bruno is still a different story. LOL.  Bruno just wants to play. 

David decided to walk out to the mailbox and all the Fluffs decided to follow along. It was so funny but they all behaved and stayed close by. Bruno led the way back.
David had to water the hummingbird bush and of course Bruno needed a drink too.  "Please Dad can I get a drink from the hose."  Bri stood by and took notes. I was surprised she didn't jump in because she loves the water hose as much as Bruno.  




On Sunday 7/24 David and I dropped the girls off at Pamela's and drove to Cypress to celebrate our great nephew Patrick's 1st birthday.


Patrick never slowed down. He is such a little cutie and always smiling. 


Can you tell it was a pizza party. Those are cookies but David said the real pizza from Locatelli's wasn't bad either. 

Patrick & Grandma Glenda
Grandma Glenda (David's Sister) had a friend make all the cookies and I'm not sure but most likely the cakes too.  It was also a swim      
party so several enjoyed the pool. I didn't figure they were ready for my body in swimsuit so I spared them. 
It was HOT but a very enjoyable day.  
And before we left it started raining! Rain. Some areas got almost 2.5 inches others not so much but we got nothing 100+ miles north. Dusty and dry still.
Also happening on this day was the bridal luncheon for my niece Emily in Missouri. My sister shared a bunch of pictures. Wish we could have been there but that would have been a bit of a drive. LOL
Emily is the niece I used to call the Tiny Dancer. She was an awesome dancer. This is her and her future hubby.
This is her with her Momma, my little sister Jerri Lynn and her sister-in-laws.
on the left is Melissa and on the right is Bailey Jo.
I have beautiful nieces in Missouri. I will be going up for the wedding in October. It looks like she had a great luncheon.
David and his TV buddy on the couch. LOL

Tuesday 7/26 I rode into Bryan/College Station with David. He had to go have a CT scan and while he was doing that I went to the gym for a workout. I finally worked myself up to 1 mile on the treadmill. I didn't think I'd ever make but the last 3-4 visits I've done it. 1 mile. Too hot to walk outside beside walking on the gravel road I'd probably hurt my knee like a goof ball. 
He texted to say he was done just as I was finishing up and he was hungry. He wasn't allowed to eat before he went in. While waiting on me he sent Pamela a message to know he was at the hospital and she came down because it was busy on her floor. I was nice and picked up her lunch and brought it to her. When I got to the hospital I texted that David's Uber was there and her Doordash had arrived.  She said I was better than the last time she used Doordash. I didn't lose her food and I didn't charge her $6. mmmm I may need to rethink this next time I deliver. LOL
Told David to pick his poison and not worry about me. I will find something to eat where ever he picks. So he picked Mexican. Then I gave him options of where we could go. He chose the new Mexican restaurant called Maria Mia. It's Good. Check out the size of the taco. I ate half of the first taco and then it fell apart but David cleaned his plate and then ate the rest of my tacos. So no left overs this time. Taco's don't make good left overs.

Thursday 7/28 I had a lunch date and a movie with my friend Kelli. No pictures to document it. LOL  We had lunch at Imperial. I got a shrimp and veggie stir fry. It was good and she had a beef dish. We went to see the movie "Where the Crawdads sing"  It was good. It really didn't alter the book but did leave a few minor things out. I was impressed how they were able to put the movie together.  I hate when they take a book and in the movie they change the entire ending. If you read the book and liked it, you'll like the movie too.

Friday nite 7/29 we went to the Garden Spot Cafe in Caldwell for dinner. They recently started serving dinner. David got a summer plate with steak bites, grilled green beans and a salad and I got grilled shrimp with grilled sweet potato bites. I have my leftovers for lunch today. Very good and the folks who run the place are super nice.  Again no pictures what can I say.  
 
Today Saturday 7/30, David needed to go feed our cows and Jerry some cubes (cow crack) and hay. So I went out to be the gate keeper but took the opportunity to love on Jerry. His buddy #16 is the only calf we still have left the rest are adults. We need to give him a name eventually




 Welp that's it for now.

Until next blog....“This above all: To your own self, be true”  ~  William Shakespeare



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy you do this. It’s one way to keep up with you - almost like you are still in Cypress.

donna said...

Y’all had a busy week. Love the Home Depot sign lol!!!!
Love ya
donna

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog Carla. Great family moments.

Carla said...

For Cypress Anonymous comment.
Thanks. Since you commented as an unknown I don't know who to reply back to. If you'll at least sign your name I can reply to you if I have your email.
Thanks for following along.
Carla

Carla said...

To Anonymous
Thanks. I'm glad you enjoy my blog. It's my way of keeping up with what's happening. It's my journal.. Thanks again for reading.
Be sure to sign your name so if I have your email I can reply back to you directly.
Carla