Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Lunch time & other fun times

 

At the beginning of the month I went to Lunch with my friend/neighbor Linda at the Pony Express in Hearne. She asked me if I'd ever had the garlic cheese balls and I said no. OH MY! Those things are dangerously good.  Of course latter my breath smelled of garlic so I didn't worry about vampires. LOL.  Thanks to Linda I know of something new that's bad for me but very yummy.  It was a great lunch. Next time I need to remember to take a picture of us together, not just the food. 
On 11/4 we had our 8th calf. During the time I could never catch a picture up close. It's laying down next to the hay ring in the tall grass. Ferdinand has been a busy boy. 
While trying to catch a picture of Mom and her calf up close Jerry felt he needed some loves. LOL. He is such a mess but very loving when he wants to be.  And he's very photogenetic. 

Pamela came up Sunday 11/6 for Sunday dinner and hang out for a while. After dinner while watching YELLOWSTONE  I pulled out one of my 3 puzzles. We decided one of the 1000 piece puzzles would be our choice of torture. We got all but one piece of the frame done and a few little patches. It was hard to concentrate while watching Yellowstone. So much happening.  

So it's starting to look a little like fall around here. A little. The trees are starting to show some fall colors. all around. 
And our silly garden has started producing more peppers and tomatoes. I was having a hard time picking on the bush pictured here. Can you see why?  That thing is know as a banana spider. Not sure of the scientific name but it huge and it's web is like glue if you walk into it. Yikes. Hate spiders and snakes.

Then on 11/11 we received another calf. That makes 9 calves for 2021. They're so cute. I just want to pet them but that won't happen. The Momma cows and the rest protect the calves completely. 
This calf puts ups back to a herd of 22.




Bri and Sophie came up for a visit.  Bri and Jerry were having a good talk. 
On Friday 11/11 Pamela asked me to join her and her neighbor Courtney along with her Mom, Lisa to go to lunch and go to a couple of wineries in Navasota. Of course who am I to say 'no' to my daughter and wine. We had a lot of fun and I enjoyed meeting Courtney's mom Lisa and hanging out with the girls. Our first stop was Wildflyer Mean Company
I got a glass of their Marooned. It's a blueberry and lemon mix mead.  The rest of them got a flight of the different meads they have available then they chose the one they wanted to have a glass of.  


Next stop was The Threshold Winery. We had to do a tasting here. It was our first time here. Nice people, good wine and nice view. 
Have y'all been seeing this on gas pumps? Cracks me up.

That's it for today.  Hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving!
Until next time....

No comments: