Friday, May 22, 2020

Momma Visit and going ons at the Rock'n K


Mother's day was so nice.  When Joe said he didn't feel they could make the drive to the farm for dinner, David suggested we go to them. Pamela had to work the whole weekend but she said she'd come up next Saturday and cook for me/us.

So I got up Sunday morning and put together a roast with onions, potatoes and carrots. Yum.  Mother's Day was the first time in 2 months that I had seen my Mom. She was doing pretty good that day. We always have fun when I pull out snapchat and use the various filters. LOL.  She loved the flower and purple lips.And she ate really good that day. Then she usually does when I'm around.



On Monday after Mother's Day the girls got to go get groomed for the first time in almost 3 months. They smelled so good and so pretty. They were waiting to get out of the car and run free in the backyard after being in a kennel all day. They were watching me but Pamela walked out the door just as I snapped the picture and the girls looked to Pamela. Still cute.

Pamela couldn't wait to go check on the new baby Mockingbirds. They were all snuggled up for a nap until Momma came back with a snack. 
 She capture this great picture of our East pasture filled Black Eyed Susan's  The entire field is cover with them. It's really pretty about 5-6 the way the sun hits them in the evening.


She prepared chicken enchilada's, queso, and a peach cobbler. David prepared a pot of charro beans. What a yummy evening. They did real good.  

 

I went to bed so full that evening but very satisfied.  
One of my mother's day gifts was a new mouse pad.  Love it. Sew appropriate.
Recently David walked out of his office saying I'm going to run in and get a hair cut. His
hair hasn't been this long in probably 40 years. Of course he wouldn't smile when I took the picture the rat. He looked like Jack Nicholson in the Shining the night before. He had his hair all combed up and kinda crazy.     He came home with his short hair and his beard all trimmed up. He's all happy now.




Well again he won't give me the big happy smile.  LOL

Goofy Jerry is climbing the fence. He's standing on the bottom fence rail. Sorry buddy I have to go back inside. I'll love you some more later.
Sunday (5/17) Pamela rode into Katy with me to swap quilt tops again for the round robin.  The next hand off will be the big reveal. I'll finally get my my medallion back with all the added borders from the girls in my group. Can't wait. But in the meantime this is my next medallion to work on. I'm adding the last borders. This medallion is a little different. No side borders are to be added, only a top and bottom border is to be added. I think I know what I'm going to add. This medallion is sew cute. I love the little skunk button that is on it. It's hard to see in this picture but it's there about and inch behind the camper. 




The wildflowers lined up in front of the bales of hay nicely too. Prettier in person.










Lilley actually came out to model for me in the wildflowers today.

 

Well that's it for this post.
Until next post....

3 comments:

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Carla. Your girls are just beautiful. I always wanted a Sheltie. I love the pasture of black eyed susans. That must be so pretty and cheerful. A sign of hope, I would say. Your hubby looks cute with his hair cut. We bought a pair of clippers and I cut Jerry's once but it is growing out again as I was afraid to cut it too short, but I might try that next time. If I may, I might borrow your sunflower saying some time. I have something in mind but if I do use it, I will give you credit..Take care and stay well..xxoJudy

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Carla. I thought I sent this comment already but it didn't show up. Try it again. Your girls look so pretty. I have always wanted a Sheltie. Your mom looks too cute. You look a lot alike. I love the black eyed susans in the pasture. It sure is looking like a sign of hope. I bet it is a beautiful sight to see. Would you mind if I used the sunflower saying sometime. If I do, I will give you the credit..Take care and stay well..xxoJudy

Linda said...

I love to see what all is going on down your way! I have fond memories of when when went to a tea room with your mom and Pam back in 2012. Great pics of all your doings! Have y’all got as much rain as we have? Amber and Mike and the kids came down yesterday and it was a muddy adventure but we all had a great time!
Has David retired yet? I can’t remember......