Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Quilt Quilt Quilts

There's a park not far from Pam's house that had some really pretty wildflower color and I had a quilt that I needed to take some pictures of. The sun was so bright that it kinda washed out the quilt colors but it was a simple quick quilt.
When I made it I didn't have anyone in mind but I decided to offered it to Margie @ RR Retreats as an auction item for her oldest grandson's benefit.
She accepted. Hopefully it's bring a few bucks.  The quilting was done by Donna @ Donna's Lavender Nest. The quilting made the quilt.
Luckily enough Apache Pass Steak House was open on March 13th and David took us out for our family birthday celebration. We all ordered steaks and different sides.  Since it was our birthday they comped our desserts. I got a berry cobbler with ice cream, Pamela got peach cobbler with ice cream and our waitress brought us a chocolate cake of some kind. Pamela was wanting me to order it but I wanted the berry and the waitress decided to bring the chocolate one on her own. Sweet Sweet Sweet. Oh and the steaks were seasoned and cooked perfect.
David and I found this place when we moved to the Rock'n K and went there for our anniversary. Pamela felt it would be a good place for our birthday dinner. I didn't argue. LOL
After dinner we went out and sat on the deck to have some adult beverages. It was a great evening.  David is a sweetheart.  Happy Birthday dinner celebration to us.  Thanks to my sweet husband/Pam's sweet dad

Saturday (3/14) David and I got up and went to a Big Event at the Boutique in the Woods. We paid for a space to try to sell some unused items around the house.  But the virus scare seemed to scare off any customers.  Only a few other vendors were lucky enough to sell anything. We closed up early and went home so I could pack for quilt retreat at RR Retreats by Margie in LaGrange.
I had sent all the ladies that were coming to retreat a questionnaire regarding health, travel for themselves or anyone they had been around.  Everyone was to answer the questions and decision whether they should join us or not.  


And I had 10 ladies all in good health show up for a week of fun, creativity, and completing some of those projects that had been sitting in the closet. No one had any projects sitting in the closet to finish right? Yeah right!
I can't thank all the ladies in attendance enough. Everyone brought food and supplies so we could cook a couple days & those that helped clean up because I was only gonna have Margie cook 2 evening meals for us.  Also can't think my ladies who made gifts. Probably need to Thank David Moore, Donna Lynn's husband because I know he cooked the BBQ we had on Monday. It was very tasty and there was none left for leftovers.
Okay so the rest of this blog might be a photo overload. I'm having a hard time deciding what photos to share. I also have to Thank Elly big time for all the pictures she took.
This is the beginning of her (Elly)10 minute blocks. She had a whole quilt finished the next day.  It was really interesting how it went together.   This Diana working on the binding of one of her quilts.
Donna Marie went appliqueing with dresses on her tone on tone block to make another quilt from the pattern called "Dressed to the Nines. Before retreat was over she had all the blocks ready to sew together.  I want to make this quilt one day.

 
There was a kitty hanging out just waiting for loves and attention. And he got it. Sandy loved on him every morning when she got up and here Connie is giving him his fair share of her attention. 
He's quite photogenic when he wasn't pawing at the camera and my hand. LOL
 Mary Jane completed this quilt before retreat was over. And then here's Jane was an overachiever this retreat.
While we're all quilting away Jim (Margie's husband) calls me Tuesday afternoon to say he had to rush Margie to the hospital. She had had a heart attack and was being flown to Austin for treatment. WHAT! HOLY COW!  Us girls were very upset. We formed a circle and immediately said prayers for Margie.   Later than afternoon Jim called to say they put 2 stents in immediately while she was on the gurney.  He said was already asking to come home.  They kept her a couple nights to make sure all was okay.  Jim is gonna have his hands full keeping that woman down. She only knows one speed. Ninety to nothing.  We all wish Margie the very best.  I actually saw Friday (4/3) and she was doing great. No stopping her. A little more excitement than any of us expected that's for sure. Thank God Jim was working from home that day.
Elly was busy creating quilts and the banner for her grandbabies all the while taking pictures for me to share with my readers.
She asked me to bring my Accuquilt Go cutter and my Texas and circle die.

    With the circles she started creating a bulls eye quilt.  She also worked other quilts
Like I said everyone pitched in when it was time to clean up after cooking.
And then there were some who took their job of clean up super serious.  Love this woman.  
I won't mention any names but one night we were all laughing and talking when one of the gals said something about looking in the bathroom medicine cabinet and drawers. She told us we could learn a lot by doing so then asked if we had ever done it. She just knew we had but we hadn't.  Today while listening to my book audible called The Testaments by Margaret Atwood. That concept came up in the book. I cracked up and immediately thought of.... X. See I didn't spill her name. 
There's no telling what we'll learn at retreat besides quilting. LOL
More quilts.
Pat was another busy gal.
While modeling her kitchen towel wrap in front of another top she completed with a stack n whack pattern.
Sandy my usual over achiever was busy finished up some quilt tops.





Connie started off very frustrated with a quilt pattern she was working on but with a little help from her friends it started coming together. She just had to take baby steps.
 
My friend Donna Lynn her at her sewing machine with her blocks on the design wall behind her took time to show those that wanted to learn how to make pincushions.


I wanted to learn and here's my new pincushions.



I'm not the only Aggie fan here. Mary Jane always has a least one Aggie quilt to complete while at retreat.  Love this one. If  didn't already have a home for it I would have brought it home with me.    Before I stop I wanted to share some gifts I received from my friends.....

There were so many other pictures but I have to stop somewhere and this is it.

Until next blog.... n  Friends are like quilts, a great source of comfort.
  









1 comment:

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Carla. Sounds like you are making the most of things as usual. All of this was before the Covid 19 right? I hope your friend that had the heart attack stays careful and well. Your quilts are beautiful and have a beautiful, but quiet Easter..Stay safe and well..xxoJudy