Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Birthday celebrations & fun

If it's not one thing it's another to keep me from blog posting.  But hopefully I'll have a little more time and continue to feel good physically and emotional. That's a good thing.  Even told David I was okay enough for him to return to work. Just in time for this corona virus thing to shut his office down a week after he went in for a return meeting. He took a quick trip in this week to pick up monitors and computer to work from home.  Have to admit I like him working from home but not because of the virus scare but just because he's around. My contract job ran out so it was good timing for him to go back to work. 
So before all this virus stuff got crazy Pamela and I met some friends at Bernhardt Winery for a birthday wine tasting. We had so much fun and as my friend Sheryl said to Pamela..."I have a whole new perspective on nurses"  LOL.  If anyone was about to give birth we were covered.
 
My friend Sheryl of Country Cottage made us some birthday cookies to share after the wine tasting. Sew darn cute. They look like quilt blocks. Oh and very tasty. If you need cookies click on her link and check out her cookies. She retired to the country and decided to start making and selling cookies.
 

 Rebecca had to get a picture with Bill. He was our wine guy. He even made us some Aggie Blush on the spot. They didn't have any bottled.
 
 Fun and Crazy nurses.
Me and my sorority sisters. Sheryl and Gigi were able join in the fun. Wouldn't be the same without them.
 Pamela with our friend Ashley and my former co-worker.













And me with two more former co-workers and friends. Genesis and Samara. When I retired from CyFair ISD I left a lot of good friends behind but some of them were able to come and join Pamela and I.




Sandy and Denise are both quilters and former co-workers. Sandy is from CyFair and Denise is from a freight forwarding company. Was sew glad they came out to join in the fun.








These nurses know how to have fun. Pamela has a great group of friends.
Spenser went to nursing school with Pam and they shared and apartment while in school.

Me and Samara

Me with Ashley

There might have been a cupcake icing fight with Samara once we moved outside. She came after me but she ended up with more of it on her with some help of another friend.













 Mother - Daughter Moments
 Group photo. A few of the girls got away before we took this picture but a big 
Thank You to each and everyone who showed up. Such a fun time!
We appreciated the extra bottles of wine and gifts you shared with us. 
What happened after the winery is well .... not documented but I believe the nurses continued to have fun.     More celebrating to come. 
I wanted to make a quilt for my Texas Guest room and Pamela told me I should make one using bluebonnet and wildflower fabric so I started collecting fabric. Recently I finally decided on a simple pattern of a Square in a Square. So far in my layout on the design wall I only have a couple repeat fabrics. I'm sure I'll have more once I get it big enough for the queen size bed. I've partially sewn 2 rows together but it needs to be longer so I'll have to add a couple more rows.  Coming together slowly.  
I wanted to finish it at retreat but that didn't happen. I did get other projects completed.  I had a week long quilt retreat. Before gathering I asked the usual questions about being sick, having fever or being around anyone that has been sick or been out of the country. None of us wanted to get anyone sick by no means.  We were over the suggested max gather of 10 by 1.  Me and 10 of my quilty friends met in LaGrange at RR Retreats by Margie. We always have lots of fun and create some really pretty quilts. More about retreat in another post.
Lilley has adapted well to farm life and talks to the cows and Jerry regularly. The cows look at her like what is your problem and Jerry will sometimes go nose to nose with her at the fence. She's such good girl. She'll follow David out to the barn and shed but doesn't stray off to far while waiting on him to gather his tools or whatever.  She has even been following him to the mailbox as far as the cattle guard. She waits patiently for him until he comes back across.
One evening after work Pamela calls me all excited and frantic.. A naked man with nothing but an IV and a small towel came at her begging for a ride. She made it to her car before he got too close. She posted this on snapchat shortly after the incident.     Apparently he escaped from the ER. She never heard what happened to him after she called her house supervisor and drove off.   I'm glad she's safe but now it makes me laugh especially if you would have heard her description of what was happening.
Leslie  Pam  Avery









David was going to take us out to eat for our birthdays but Pamela got a call from her friend Avery in Colorado saying she was flying in to spend the weekend to celebrate with Pamela and their friend Leslie was coming up from Houston so we rescheduled dinner for the following weekend.  We had called the restaurant and they were going to be open as far as they knew at the time we called. We crossed our fingers that they'd be open on the 13th.  





Pamela ordered some fun cookies from a nurse in College Station to Welcome the Girls 








On Sunday (3/8) I drove to Calvert to meet the girls at En Gedi Winery. Yes the small town of Calvert has a winery. They're friendly and the wine is good.
The girls had been to a couple of breweries in Bryan and wineries and now they were ready to go to try En Gedi in Calvert.
David and I found this winery when we went to a festival in Cameron a few months back. They have some really tasty wines.







They're next stop was the Rock'n K.
Gotta come feed the cows and meet Jerry.
The cows came to attention when they saw David carrying the orange bucket out to the pasture. Leslie ws offering Jerry his share of carrots. Which he hated.
 

 That's Daisy aka Crazy Bitch, getting a cube from Avery. She and one other cow sounded angry and kept bellowing but they weren't gonna turn down the cow crack as we call it. It's like cat nip to a cat.




Pamela caught the best picture Jerry. It looks
like he is laughing at us.  Gotta love it. LOL

That's Sophie at the gate.  She actually got off the porch.
















David and I kept the fur grandbabies while Pamela had company so while visiting she decided to take her babies back home with her which meant someone had to share the back seat with them. 
Avery decided she'd take one for the team.
Now Bri decides to make herself comfy.
She half sat on Avery and Sophie.  Poor Avery, but she was a good sport about it. So ends another good birthday celebration.  Until our family dinner.






The girls got groomed before things shut down.
ET phone home. Misty of Top Paw Pet Spa always has some background for the dogs for a photo shoot after getting beautiful or handsome.  LOL The one cracks me up.
Lilley
Brianna

Sophie
Also Before things got so crazy we grabbed Mom and took her to see Brittany @ Trendsetters Salon for a hair cut and style. Mom's hair had grown so much since our last visit and it seems to be getting thicker.
Love my Momma and Pammy loves her Mimi.
After spending the day with Mom it was time to head home.  David had called and told us we might want to stop at grocery store to see about getting toilet paper and some supplies. He tells me that our Walmart was empty of such things.  What?!  So Pamela and I made our first stop at the Kroger in Montgomery and yep shelves were emptying fast. This is crazy. There was no TP, water or gaterade.
What the heck!
Did someone announce there was a shortage? People are hoarding like crazy. I'm at a total loss as to why people think they have to hoard food and supplies.  The stores are open and they replenish at least once a week but with this hoarding they can't keep things on the shelf.
I'll be glad when this craziness is over and we can be safe again.

Not the best lighting but I caught this picture of Lilley this morning. She's having withdrawl issues. David is working and has his office door shut. She's been standing there a little over 5 minutes just looking in the window. LOL About the time I snapped the picture I heard David chuckle and opened the door so she could come in.  She's her Daddy's girl.





I've rambled on long enough on this post. I'll have lots of pictures for the next post too so stay tuned.

Sooo
Until next Blog....















1 comment:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I just went back and read your heart post. I'm so glad the docs fixed you up. Glad you got to have some fun before we all got put in timeout! 😊😊😊