Sunday, October 6, 2019

Nope No Way

AW HELL NO!  Sunday 9/22 David was out mowing the back pasture trying to rid it of milkweed and encourage more grass to grow. As he mowed  next to the pond this ugly guy swam up to the water's edge.  It swam up every time he rounded the pond. David of course was sitting high on the tractor but this is not a friendly guy.
He needs to disappear.

I won't be walking down there near the pond any time soon.

The property does look good all mowed.

Another Jerry video wanting his attention. Which he got and then I went in to get carrots and came back out. He was happy then.







What was I thinking?! My friend and retreat owner Margie at RR Retreats in LaGrange has asked me a couple of times to do another Round Robin and with moving, unpacking, general Rock'n K stuff and now working I had been saying no but she caught me in a weak moment and I said 'Yes'.
So I happy to see this pattern last year and thought mmm perfect for another round robin quilt. So I wanted to do one. I need a Christmas quilt for the Texas Room so I grabbed the pattern. I should know better because I'm not that great at applique but it is what it is.

It's coming out pretty good so far. It's sewn down but it is fused except the lantern. I need to make his nose yet and decide on buttons for his eyes, mouth, vest and tummy or embroidery his stick arms on.   Just notice the front rim of the hat looks out of proportion. mmm I guess I better fix that. Dang it. I have to finish up this week.Plus I have to get my stuff packed for quilt retreat. I'm ready to see my quilty friends and hang with them for a few days.
We have fun and we're productive too. So much to do before I leave.

I recently drove into Houston to get my book club fix. We just finished reading the book "Nine Perfect Strangers" by Liane Moriarty. Over all everyone liked the book. The characters did tend to frustrate me being so judgmental but as I was informed we're all judgmental we just don't express
and we're not characters in a book. The made me laugh out loud, it made me cry and it make think what the hell?.  It's about 9 strangers who went to Spa for physical and spiritual healing, lose some weight, get in better shape and rejuvenation over all. They were surprised when all their phones, snacks, and beverages were confiscated and told they could not talk or make eye contact for 5 days. Whoa. I asked in my book club blog.... Could you go without phone, contact with outside world, conversation or eye contact for 5 days. And wine? LOL Okay so I don't drink wine every day but sometimes I feel like but don't. LOL It was a fun evening but then I had to drive home. I got home about 11:30pm and surprisingly I was still wide awake. I love my Bookie friends. We always have fun.

Saturday (9-28) David came in from outside and asked if I wanted to run a couple errands with him and I said sure. He need somethings from Walmart and from Tractor Supply. It was our quality time together. LOL
On our way home we took the back roads and went by this house that we've been watching as they build and landscape it.  Wow this house and property is beautiful. They have over 12 large magnolias planted at the front entrance and down the side of property.Pictures don't do the house and property justice. 
Don't get me wrong our house and property is beautiful too and I have no intentions to move from it. It's killing David to not work on the landscaping but it will all come in time. He can't do it all at once.
That evening I tried a new recipe. I made Chaffle's to use has hamburger buns.  These were good.  We got to eat a hamburger with a bun. It satisfied my desire for bread and it is so easy.  And to go with our blue cheese burger I made broccoli and cheese tots.  Not exactly potatoes but it satisfied  craving.                                            It's 1 egg mixed with 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. I pulled out the waffle maker to make. I added some jalapeno's to the mixture.  Now you could make as a breakfast waffle by adding blue berries, cinnamon and maybe some vanilla.   I need to get some sugar free syrup then I'll try it. I saw a couple other variations of making the chaffle but this was the recipe I us .
On Sunday I finished a decorated witches hat. One of the quilt retreat gals said we should have a witch hat decorating a witches hat and wear it when we meet up this Sunday at the restaurant before we drive out to retreat. The small town of Lumberton may wonder what the heck is going on when 12 ladies walk in with witch hats on.  

It came out pretty good I think. I can't wait to see what the other girls did.

  And I also worked on making stilettos for my girls coming to retreat. I just needed to glue the beads on. For my first attempt at making it wasn't too bad..

That's All Folks

Until next blog post...Oh the places you’ll go.” ~Dr. Seuss










3 comments:

Annie said...

A round robin is fun as long as everyone plays well together. I had a bad experience with my one and only RR. But it was fun up until it wasn’t. LOL. Your cowhand snowman is an adorable center start. Looking forward to seeing it at the end of the game. Your witch hat looks gorgeous! How fun that will be when you all get together with your hats. I hope to see photos of that. I love your stilettos, but what do you do with them??? I was thinking they were hat pins when I saw the photo.

Anonymous said...

Wow that was strange. I just wrote an very long comment
but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up.
Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to
say fantastic blog!

Linda said...

Love catching up with you!!! That witch hat looks magical!!