Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Oh Look it's Wine o'Clock


Minor correction from my last post... My sister (the proud Grandma) reminded me that my newest great nephew lives in Kansas with his Mom and Dad not in Missouri.  I knew that. I was just testing to see if she was reading. LOL  Is he a cutie? Tate looks a lot like momma but I see daddy in there too.









Last Wednesday I had a visitor! My former co-worker and friend Samara. I had to work for a bit so
she had to entertain herself and I knew where she would head first.  LOL Jerry of course.

Jerry came right up to the fence to get her attention. She was able to pet and talk to him. No treats even.  Once I finished up some things I needed to do I went out to give Jerry some attention too and then we went to lunch at Madden's Casual Gourmet back in Bryan. Pamela and I really like this place.

After lunch she still had some time to kill so I drug her to the grocery store with me. I mean I really know how to entertain my visitors. LOL So glad she came up to see me.  Other than doctor appointments and grocery store visits I don't tend to leave the farm. I'm content doing so.


Upon arrival back home I caught this picture of our new calf and posted it on FB saying "Okay this doesn’t seem like a good place to be. If you know what I mean"
I know/understand she's hungry but standing behind the Momma and reaching between her legs could get a little messy.  I got several interesting comments..like.. "Could name her Cow Patty" or "Could be a crappy situation"  LOL I love it.

Happy ending was she stayed clean.






So the fun began on Thursday (4/11)  but first things first. The girls need a good bye treat and extra hugs.

They were so cute all sitting pretty waiting for that special little Scooby snack. They know how to be good sometimes.
Pamela always takes her selfie before we take off. She's kinda cute too but then I'm prejudice.
 About 45 miles into the trip I have 3 sensor lights pop up on my dashboard. Not good!.  But with a little bit of delay not knowing whether my car was good to go or not. Dang car had 3 sensor lights pop up as we drove down the road. But after a couple of phone calls to David we determined I should be okay to continue mine and Pamela's Girls weekend trip to the Hill Country.
Since I live closer to her  now we decided we'd try a different route and make new stops. One stop was supposed to be Deep Eddy's Vodka only I managed to pass it up and decided it wasn't worth turning around. In prior years we'd make a stop at a quilt shop in Dripping Springs called Val & Kim's but unfortunately they closed last year. Sad. So down the road we drove on to Bell Springs Winery to make our 1st Stop.

They are located down a hilly, winding road. The property is really pretty and makes for nice outdoor sitting if the weather is right. And today was sunny and just right outside. We had our first glass or two of wine for our trip leisurely and just enjoyed the surroundings.
This is an annual trip we take for Mother-Daughter Time. We drink wine, moonshine, enjoy the views and landscape, find good food, give each other a bad time and just have fun.
From here we went to the other side of 290 in Driftwood to check out Driftwood Estates Winery.  Pamela went there with some of her friends and wanted me to try it so we did. We sat outside and the views were just awesome. Miles and miles of greenery. Our photos don't do it justice.  See that stone wall .... you don't want to trip over it. It's got very little slope it more of an almost straight down. But it's purdy.

Pamela got comfy


Instead of going 8 mile back to 290 we headed toward Wimberly and took some back roads and ended up going past Luckenbach up to 290. It was a really pretty drive.

We stopped in Fredericksburg for dinner at Mamasita's. No drinks just food.
Then we headed to Kerrville to our hotel.




We walk up Friday (4/12) for another day of adventure and exploring. We go to Fredericksburg on Friday while most people are still at work and the wineries aren't overly crowded. We take a leisurely drive back to Fredericksburg admiring the wildflowers and the sights and stop for Lunch at the Peach Tree Tea Room on 16 in town.  Thanks to a friend who mentioned the place on her face book page we started going here. Thanks Pam B.
Food is always good and there's plenty to eat. Service is good too.
I got the Quiche, salad and a piece of garlic bread.  I forgot to take a picture before I took a few bites. Oops.

Everything was so darn good I couldn't wait to dive in and eat.




Then we went to Barons Creek Winery. Most of their wines are to dry for me but I found a couple I liked and would drink. I think David would really like this place. We'll see if I can get him there on one of our trips to Fredericksburg.
Then we drove to the Blue Lotus Winery, then Horn Winery-Distillery-Brewery. We tried their whiskey, rum and vodka . I think that's it.  They haven't started mixing drinks yet but they're working on a menu.  Spent quite a bit of time here while Pamela and our server talked. Next we stopped at Fat Ass Winery where we got wine swirl slushy's. Yum.  
Pamela pulled out a list on her phone with wine orders from her nursing friends so she walked out with several bottles of wine and T shirts.    Our last stop of the day was Fiesta Winery where we picked up our wine club box of wine and sat down outside to enjoy a free glass of wine. Privilege of being a member in most clubs.  With all those stops I was ready to call it a day besides the fact it was almost closing time for all the wineries....   We decided to that we'd head to Alamo Springs Cafe for dinner. Going the way we went this time didn't seem like the place was in the middle of no where. The first we went from Comfort and thought Siri navigation was taking us out into the middle of nowhere and dumping us. LOL  This year we got there in the day light and left at dusk. We also got smart and shared a hamburger and onion rings. You get a lot for the money and we knew we couldn't each each a whole order.  This is a whole order and we split it. Oh and Pamela ordered us grilled garlic. We still didn't finish the whole shared meal. But it was damn good.  
After dinner we headed back to the hotel.  I know it's sad but we were back to the hotel each evening by 8:45 or 9. We couldn't handle no more. LOL What can I say.  Between the alcohol, the food, the sun and the driving we were ready to stretch out and watch a little TV and fall asleep.  Besides we had to get up Saturday morning and start all over again.
I'm going to save the rest of our trip adventures for the next post.  
Until next post.... We almost never met a wine we didn't like.

No comments: