Monday, November 12, 2018

QUILTING AWAY...

So much going on that there's not a lot of time to Blog but here goes.
Busy Busy little bees. Sew creative and talented.
Wednesday (10/17) was our last full day of sewing. Whayyyy. No I wasn't ready for it to end.
How about this Crown Royal Quilt by Diane D. Very cool. She started with about 4 blocks and went to town. She's new merry group on retreat.

That is a lot of cutting and sewing.  I told her niece and my long time good friend who was with us that she should have asked her Aunt to make a quilt like this for her. Instead Sheryl is stuck with me and the fabric we bought. Sorry Sheryl, but it will be nice when we get enough bags and I stop going to the farm every weekend to check on the building process.  I think she caught me talking about her and I snapped a pictured. 
Sheryl is a first time retreater also. She doesn't quilt but she is a crafter and a cookie baker now.
She made this cute little forest gnome bottle topper by felting. She's also the one who made the decorative cookies that she is now selling. You can find her site Country Cottage by clicking here  to get more info.        


Sandy completed her quilt top and is pinning the batting and backing here. She is going to hand quilt it. I'd never get finished if I hand quilted so I'm impressed. Wow. Turned out really pretty. She needs to be sure to share again when the quilting is done.
Vicki started working on another project. A Christmas tree.
Oh my that's a lot of small strips to cut and sew back together but it turned out great.

Here's the whole group. Lot's of fun and talented gals! So glad everyone had a good time.

This is a pretty cool cutting table Pamela (retreat owner) had in the quilt shop. She bought the saw horses which are adjustable in height and then the top is separate all from IKEA. They come in at least 3 different colors. I forgot what she told me now since I've been so slow in posting.
I may have to get something like this when I'm ready to upgrade my folding cutting table that I bought from Joanne's ten years ago.

There were 2 black cats and this calico on the property. This is the only one I could pet. She loved the attention. She's a pretty girl.  Told her I needed to get back to work and she promptly turned to get comfortable again. LOL
Pat finished her string quilt top. Love the colors. And then she proceeded to cut out a table runner. She put it on the design wall like this ........
She sat back and looked at it. (That's Cindy's top in the picture with Pat. Sew Pretty. She's gonna get it done!)
MMM she thought now what. Along comes Donna Marie to solve the puzzle. 
And before you knew it, it looked like this.
Very Nice.

Since I don't think my Niece in Missouri has time to read my blog I'll post the picture of my version of Love Notes for my Great Niece who was born in May. When I got home that Friday I got it boxed up and sent to the quilter. So if any of the family sees this don't tell. She won't get it for another couple of weeks. Just got it back from the quilters and now I need to work on the binding in between packing so we can move one day soon.

Here's a couple of selfies with my quilty friends.
Me and Donna Marie

Me and my new friend Barbara Kay

Me and Pat








Don't mess with quilters they'll rip your seams out. LOL 
And here's a couple more finishes before we packed it up.
Jane completed this cute top and her Lion Fleece tie quilt top  She's been very productive this retreat.  Nice Job
Oh she completed this sweet panel top.

Great Job to all the Ladies!

Did I mention that for breakfast/brunch/lunch we have to cook for ourselves. We'll the newbies stepped up to the plate and fed us so well. I mean really well. We may just volunteer them to cook at future retreats. LOL just kidding.

Thursday morning came and everyone started packing up and loading their cars. We had to be out by noon and I think I pulled out at 11:30. I'm usually the last one to leave to make sure nothing is left behind. But no one checks to make sure I don't leave anything.  mmmm

Parting is sweet sorrow, Twelve Pines Retreat Center. Thank you Pamela Fernandez and hubby. We will be back! Totally enjoyed your place, food and hospitality.

My review mirror view. 😓  Bye until next time.


My car is packed and I was heading to Bryan/College Station to stay the night with Pamela (daughter) and what else but go out to the Rock'n K for my dose of building progress. So...... That's it for the retreat. Next one will be in March 2019. But there's plenty happening between now and then. LOL

Until next blog post.....
Carla





1 comment:

donna said...

Carla it looks like y'all had a BLAST. Sew sorry I had to miss it. Everyone's finishes turned out great.
Love and Hugs
donna