Sunday, August 11, 2013

End One Month and Begin Another

The last week of July was a busy one to say the least. But most was all about fun.
Had to celebrate a co-workers birthday first off. A bacon, egg, and green chile casserole was made to bring in the morning. Yummy. The birthday girl was surprised since her birthday had passed. I pulled out the tiara I got from the Rodeo so Samara could be the princess for the day. One of our summer workers wanted to make a dessert and who are we to argue right? 
Doesn't Samara make a lovely princess? Got'cha Samara!
We hit Puffabelly's on a Wednesday night to get our fix of Jesse Dayton and Davin James.
Then Friday I met up with the folks from the book store. These 2 were the owners and they now have this little cutie. His name is Jaxon. Sorry to the rest of the group who was present but this little guy was the forcus. 
He was just the happiest little guy and would go to anyone.
Friday the 2nd our friends the Harper's called and asked if we'd like  to meet them at Cypress Saloon to listen to a band called JJ and the Stoneponies. So we said sure we'll meet y'all.   
This picture was taken from their website.They sounded like Nickelback especially the lead singer. They were really good. I wouldn't mind seeing them again. The only thing about the Cypress Saloon is the smoke. Whew my hair and clothes smelled. I guess it's the price you pay I for good music. Next the Black Top Gypsy is there I want to go suffer thru the smoke again. 


On Aug 3rd Pamela was able to come home for the weekend before Mom's birthday so we celebrated a week early. We met up at a great restaurant called The Black Walnut in the Woodlands. It was yum yum good. They have a large variety to choose from on the menu from breakfast to dinner.
Another fun week of going to Tri County Quilt Guild to see what everyone has created and I might have had some to show this time but I can't share it completely yet. But I have actually accomplished something.
Then on Thursday I took the day off to spend with Mom on her actual Birthday. Okay Shirley W. Here it is.... I forgot to take pictures that day and I'm blaming it on the heat. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 
Can't blame the drinking because that didn't happen until the next night. LOL
Wine doesn't affect me like Margarita's do.
Thank Goodness.

Friday my husband called and said "Would you want to go see someone new at Main Street Crossing?" and I said "Sure"




So that night we went to see Jesse Raub Jr. It was a great show and we're ready to see him perform again. We hope to go see him out at Dobbin Saloon. Oh and in case you can't tell I suck at using my iphone to take pictures.

This last picture is Jesse Raub Jr and his son who joined him on stage.
You know this empty nesting can be getting expensive with all the music we go listen to but oh the fun. I do believe we fit plenty of music in over the last 10 days and there's more to come and I can't wait.
Until Next Blog of My Life.......  “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that’s all” ~ Oscar Wilde~


Carla









4 comments:

Kathy said...

I have missed so much after reading your blog for the first time since Dad died. I can't wait to keep up with what you are doing.

Kathy said...

I have missed so much after reading your blog for the first time since Dad died. I can't wait to keep up with what you are doing.

Art and Sand said...

We go out to listen to music frequently - but not as much as you.

Last week we heard a fantastic group play Cuban music and there was no cover charge.

The week before we heard an LA country band and the cover charge was only $10. I only drink diet coke so I am a cheap date.

Do you dance when you listen? Many people get up to dance, but Steve doesn't like to so we just sit and listen.

Linda said...

What a great life you have!!! I love hearing about all the fun things you do. Tell your Mom I said 'Hi' back!!

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts! SO happy I know you!!!