I do hope everyone had a Blessed Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Some highlights of 2012...
- We traveled to the Hill Country several times and of course had fun each time
- Pamela got her second degree this time in nursing
- Pamela got her first big girl job and her own apartment
- She also got her own puppy
- We got a pay raise (child off the payroll)
- Started following several Texas musician and songwriters
- Went to my first Quilt Retreat @ Cabin Quilters
- Celebrated 34 years. So far we continue to renew that marital contract. LOL
- The Pokeno Chicks went on our 1st annual trip to San Antonio for a weekend
- David became the President of our HOA.
- The Bell Gang and wives went on their 2nd trip together for fun and relaxation. Did I say fun?
- My nephew Jeremiah in Missouri got engaged.
- Texas A&M first year in the SEC and they're playing in the Cotton Bowl. Awesome year.
- I'm sure there's more highlights but this is what I can think of at the moment.
How about books? Do you read and what books did you read in 2012?
Here's my 2012 list of books I've read.
- DragonFlight by Anne McCaffery
- Dry by Augustin Burroughs
- Wicked Business by Janet Evanovich
- Fifty Shades Freed by E.L James
- Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James
- Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- The Shack by William P Young
- The Ninth Wife by Amy Stolls
- Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
Here's my To Read List thus far
The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
Sarah's Key by Rosnay Tatianna De
Street Heat by Will Graham/William Simon - personal friend of mine
Blood Red Road by Moira Young
The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff
Cross Roads by Will P Young
A Day No Pigs Would Die by Robert Newton Peck
and many more. LOL
So until next blog...
"for last year's words belong to last year's language.
An next year's words await another voice." ~ T.S. Eliot