Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Family Time at The Texas Renaissance Festival.

David, Pamela and I went to the Texas Renaissance Festival a week ago
Saturday. It was a great day. The weather was slightly over cast with a tad of humidity and a breeze ever so often made the day very tolerable. We arrived around 10:20am and didn't leave until almost 5pm. After that much walking we were all starting to wilt but it was nice spending quality time together. Even with the thousands of people around us. They were our entertainment.
The first show we watched was "The Ded (dead) Bob show". It was so funny. The guy holding Bob (skeleton) hid behind that veil and got away with a lot of comments on people's looks and clothing.  Bob was a naughty little skeleton. This was our 2nd time to attend the Renaissance since it began back in 1974 in Plantersville, TX.

Plenty of sites and sounds to see

My daughter Pamela made a bee line to the floral head wreath rack to purchase one that match her top. I do believe she succeeded. Well actually her dad bought it. 

A little further down the path we ran into to this sly and dapper fox. He was gracious enough to pose for a picture with Pamela. He purred the whole time he stood next to Pamela. LOL I guess he was a happy little fox but I didn't know foxes purred. Oh well. Maybe it's a Medieval thing.


You could rent costumes just before you entered the festival area or purchase some inside. There were plenty of folks walking in from their cars all dressed up for the occasion. Some actually forgot to dress. LOL
One girl actually had a chain mail top on with her gypsy skirt but had absolutely nothing on under neath her chain mail. I couldn't believe it. That was a bit too much reveal but I'm sure the men enjoyed the view.
I love the clothing of the medieval times but I they were HOT HOT in the summer time. 
                            Maybe next year if we go, Pam and I will dress up. I said Maybe.

As we strolled down the path we came across the bagpipe and drum band show. I don't know that I could listen necessarily to a whole CD of this music away the festival setting but I really did enjoy seeing and hearing it live.
                                 The band is called  Tartanic 

Adrian Walter, the lead drummer, dancer and front man of the group with the black vest to the right and bare chested on the left.
 There's something about a man in a kilt and bare chested. 

I know my friend and fellow blogger Amber knows about men in kilts since she spent a year in Scotland not so long ago with her hubby.
 
David enjoyed this show of course. Something about Half naked girls balancing swords on their heads and belly dancing got his attention quickly. LOL


David so enjoys giving our daughter a bad time.
Can't remember the exact comment right now but
it had something to do with him wearing a kilt and playing the bagpipe.

 Notice the size of the sangria margarita in her hand!?  That was probably best deal for the money all day.

She drank it all by herself to the last drop. The lush. Just kidding dear daughter if you happen to read this post.











Would you look at the smile on this man and to think he just put tip money in the little wooden box he's holding while I take the picture. (Note my drummers and bagpipe band didn't get any of his money hmm half naked man vs half naked girl) The dancer figures if the guys hold the money box they won't be mauling her. Not necessarily the case for the next guy standing there for a photo with the pretty dancer.

Pam and I spotted this Fairy amongst the crowd.

Very interesting and colorful.
Pam decided she wanted to make a little jingling noise when she walked so she found the scarves with the coins and she just had to have the pink one.

So for the next hour or so she jingled when she walked. ;o)












I spotted this woman spinning wool into yarn.


The couple just behind her shows both young and old enjoy playing dress up.


Slightly wind blown but glad to be sitting again. We couldn't believe how long we had been at the festival just wandering around and enjoying the sights, food and drinks. But wait we forgot to get a turkey leg or funnel cake....hmmm.......oh well there's next year because I'm not going to walk any further than the car which happens to be 8 long aisles away from the entrance.

Pam snapped a picture of David and I to end the great day we had at the festival.











Okay wait a minute. Darn not fast enough with my camera. See the guy here in the rabbit loin cloth. Whoa! He was about 6'4"...... tan...... did I say tall, dark, oh and ripped. 


Bad Momma Bad!                                                             
Everyone leaving saw this guy coming in. He was pretty. This is one of those times that I wasn't ready with my camera. I was to busy gawking.  Sorry ladies but I really was hoping to end on a drooling note. You'll just have to take my word for it.  His face wasn't bad either. I didn't notice that he was half naked or anything. Honest. 
ahhhh (sigh) oh

Until next blog..................When you look at your life, the greatest happiness's are family happiness's. ~Joyce Brothers~




.•*¨`*•. .•*¨`*•. Be Happy .•*¨`*•. .•*¨`*•.
……………… .... •.Carla.•´…………............…

4 comments:

sgw123 said...

Ahh man, the ONE time you don't have that darn camera ready to aim! lol!

Bobbidink Designs said...

sounds like everyone had a lot to look at! People watching at ren fest is always eye opening!

MamaT said...

Brings back memories. I used to live in Spring/The Woodlands and went to that festival once. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog.

Debbie S. said...

Carla,

This is just the best blog! I am enjoying keeping up with you!