Monday, November 30, 2020

Aww Come on....and Rock n K news

Back on November 2 I was driving out to go to a quilting bee I joined that meets now in Cameron and had to stop and check out our new Welcome sign that David got hung up.

Looks pretty cool. We had bought this sometime when we'd been in Fredericksburg together. Love it.


As I was driving on out I hollered to David that Rose and her new calf were up front now and then I realized that it wasn't Rose and the calf was brand new. #2 Maddie just had her calf.  

The calf was still wet and so cute. This makes number 5. We now have a heard of 16. Dang.   We will need to start reducing that number. Won't be able to feed everyone when we only have hay to feed them.

 

I guess Ferdinand did do his job.

I got to bee and set up next to my friend Kim. I had to take a picture of her stuff drifting over into my space. It's a running joke from the retreat. Her stuff kept drifting into Donna Marie's table. So I sent the picture to Donna Marie showing her Kim is still up to taking over all the space she can get.  You know I love you Kim if you're reading. 
Right after retreat I needed to mail a letter and decided to drive back by this old building I saw when David and I went to eat at the Dutchtown cafe. The cafe was very tasty and prices were very

reasonable. I like old buildings and sometimes wonder about the history behind them. I snapped
this picture of it and I have emailed Cameron's Chamber of Commerce to see if  I could find out the history behind the building. No answer yet but here's the picture.
Pamela went to Houston to celebrate with Marlaina's oldest boy Thomas for his 5th birthday and stayed the night to hang out with her long time friend Marlaina and a mutual friend Kristina for a girls night.  I do believe they had a good time.
While she was gone we babysat the fur grand-babies. 
Then She left them with us again the following weekend while she and some of her nurse friends went to Fredericksburg to relax and unwind. 


While the fur babies were here I worked on a aggie christmas throw for Pamela. I had it all up on the design wall as I finished each block. Well Bri must have brushed her fluffy tail across the design wall and knocked a block on the floor.  I guess she decided if it's on the floor it's fair game. I didn't notice right away since I was sewing and when I turned around with the next block
 I saw Bri chewing away. Thank goodness I had extra fabric and was able to make a new block, What a brat! And I finished the top that weekend so I could send it to the quilter along with another quilt top I finished but can't show it yet.  It's a gift.
      
Okay I haven't been an early riser much of ever but capture a picture of the tree David planted a year or 2 ago and it's telling us it's fall. I should have taken the picture a week ago but I didn't but it's leaves are very red.






The weekend of the November 14th marks 30 days since the pacemaker implant and I can now raise my left arm above my shoulder. Yahooo
That means I got in and washed my hair with 2 hands, dried it and actually curled it.  Right now the scarring is minimal.  I wasn't sure what it was gonna look like.
Considering this is how it looked earlier.  As time passes I'm sure it will fade even more..  
 So for the title 'Aww Come on' .. Just when I'm thinking everything is all good my right knee started acting up. And the answer is 'no' if you're thinking of asking if I fell and hurt it. I was thinking it was arthritis but nothing is helping. Even got a steroid shot. Got relief that afternoon due to the numbing meds but nothing since. One day it was so bad I pulled the crutches but those things are such a hassle. But I had to wait 7-10 days to give shot a chance but nothing. So now I wait for an MRI but that is an issue with a pacemaker scheduling. Go figure. I had to wait 45 days, and a manufacture tech to be available which is December 18. Holy crap. So for now I'm hobbling around. No Fun.
On November 20 David asked if I'd like to go to Calvert to the Farmers Market and if I could walk okay. Well yes I'd like to go and the walking is questionable but I'll make it work.  We bought some homemade jellies, peach cobble, spaghetti sauce and some from peppers of some kind. We was gonna hit the Wonky Donkey for some pizza but they didn't open for another hour and we were hungry now. So we ended up at the Cast Iron Bistro another new place in town.  Calvert is starting to show life again. It's great. We both ordered chicken tenders. They were breaded and seasoned just right and the fries were crispy good. 
 
I went outside by my East sewing room window and found some roses still blooming. And under my North facing window in the corner my cute dainty camilla's were blooming.   When this rose blooms it'll be about 4" across. It's big. Can't wait.  The camellia blooms are so cute.

Thanksgiving was spent with us and Pamela and that's it. Between Covid and life everyone else went in other directions. Such is life. I missed everyone. Should of taken some pictures but I was slacking during the day. We had ham, but instead of turkey David cooked us a chicken in his oil less fryer. That chicken was 5 pounds of good. Our friends the Harper's raise broiler chickens.  No water inserted like the ones you buy at the stores or preservatives. All raised on their farm.
About 6pm Thanksgiving evening we all jumped in the car and headed to West which was about an 1hr and 20 minutes away to see some Christmas lights.  We went to see the 'Lights of West'. One of Pamela's nursing friends husband set it up with the property with other 2 partners. In the middle of the property is this huge body of water that they put some decorations/lights in. They plan on growing bigger every year. What they have is impressive. Can't wait to see what it looks like next year.
This is just a few pictures. Pamela took more but these will give you an idea.     


It was a great way to end the evening. Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
And now we move on to the Christmas Holidays.....

Until Next Blog post...."Draw your chair up...and I'll tell you  a story..." ~F. Scott Fitzgerald


4 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You guys have more fun. Love reading your post.

Lisa Roper said...

Wow! I never knew about Lights of the West! So cool! Sorry about your knee, Hon, geez. What kind of tree is it that David planted! And I love the camellias! A herd of 16!? Wow, that’s major! Love and miss y’all! xoxo

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Carla: I love that you are acquiring a herd! Little calves are so cute. That sign is great. Now, that makes it official! Your scar has really gotten a lot smaller, looks like you won't see a thing is a little while..Stay well..xxoJudy

Handywoman said...

I'm beginning to think you are superwoman :)