Monday, October 8, 2018

Excitement is building. Finally cabinets

Pamela sent me a text the over night to show me how the girls sleep. I had to laugh. Brianna is all comfy with her legs all prompted up on poor Sophie. Sophie doesn't seem to mind actually.  Our dogs can be entertaining.




It's amazing what they get done week to week.  We went up Saturday (9/22) to meet with the builder so he and David could sort out the outdoor kitchen layout and found cabinets in the laundry room, wine rack in the pantry in. I can't imagine why they put a wine rack in there. LOL
       
And both tall boy dressers in the master were installed, then one week later the shoe boxes and clothing poles were in. Wow





This is Letty. She works in the auditing department at CFISD. 
She had 64 Monarch butterflies to release.
I call her the Butterfly whisperer.








She asks different folks in the building to help with each group she releases.  This little guy decided to stick around for a while. I think this is a male anyway because of the 2 black dots on it's tail wings. Cool. 
This was the 2nd group I watched.
I hope the videos work. It's really neat watching the the release as the butterflies fly off at once. You may have to click it a second time to get it running.


Next time we went up to the Rock'n K we walk in and something was different. Oh Wow the fire place was rocked. Too cool.  And David's out door kitchen was set up. He might let me use it if I'm good. It looks really great.
Pamela went with us when we went to pick out tile for the master bath and kitchen back splash and then up to the farm with us. She even let me take a picture of her and her Dad. They're so cute.
This Friday we drove 50 miles to Cat Springs to have all you can eat catfish, french fries, cole slaw, hush puppies, beans and tea for $11 each. It is so good. We met up with our good friends Larry and Sylvia.
We weren't going to go to the farm this weekend until we heard the kitchen cabinets were going in on Saturday. So we got up Sunday morning and drove up to see what progress had been made. They got the cabinets in over my desk in the sewing room.  And then there's the kitchen. Oh boy Oh boy.
It's so big and there's plenty of cabinets and drawers! Lot's of drawers verses the cabinets that you have to get down on your hands and knees to find a lid or pot that got shoved to the back. 
They even got the vegetable drawer cabinet placed in the pantry and they finished the tray ceiling in the master.  It's really coming together. And to think I don't even cook.
Just Kidding. I cook. I made that comment to our builder and he looked at me like what. Then I started laughing and so did he. 
Well now I have to finish gathering my projects and packing for a quilt retreat I've organized that starts on October 14th. David and Lilley will be holding down the fort here. I'm sure they'll do just fine without me.

Oh and before I forget in the past few months David and I gained 1 new great niece in Missouri. 
Maren. She was born in May. Here she is with her adorable big brother Beckett. He has dimples like his dad. 
 And 2 great nephews.  This is Wyatt Robert. Here in Houston. He was born 9/29.





And here is our newest great nephew Preston Dean born on 10/5 in Missouri.
 One in Missouri and one in Houston.

Congratulations to my Nephews and their beautiful brides on their little bundles of joy.

And sometime in January we'll welcome another great nephew from our niece who is expecting. It's raining babies.

That's it for now.
Until next blog....“Convince yourself everyday that you are worthy of a good life. Let go of stress, breathe. Stay positive, all is well.”  ~ Germany Kent

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't understand why there isn't wine in the wine rack.

Linda said...

Oh, Carla! Your place is so amazing!! I love seeing it all come together! What great built ins you have! I hope to see you all settled in there before too long! I’m thinking y’all won’t move before retiring? You and David are going to have so much fun! You already do!

Saimi said...

How exciting!!! Your place is really coming along - the kitchen, sewing room every girls dream! Those babies are just too cute, how lucky to have so many little babes so born so close. How fun getting ready for a quilt retreat, ours is in March but arent they fun. Sewing, laughing, eating with the girls, getting projects done without distractions. I love it!! You'll have to post your quilts when you get back along with everyone else's. Take pictures!! Thanks for the update on your house. Oh, and how I love to see your beautiful Shelties all cozied up with each other. They are so beautiful!
xoxo
Saimi
I'm following you now :)

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

How exciting, Carla. Things are moving right along..Happy Tuesday..Judy