Monday, August 13, 2018

July closes and a Great Start for August

On the last day of July we celebrated my co-worker Samara's birthday. Her birthday was a couple of days earlier but how dare her she took time off to celebrate. She's trying work with all the decorations around her. LOL
 
 Our boss Kim got her a couple of choices for her birthday dessert.  Drroooool and I can't help her eat it but she can.  I'm trying to be good on my diet.
 















Pamela came home for the weekend to visit some friends and take a certification test for her field in nursing.

She was as nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof. She came by my office with her lunch that she couldn't eat. Her stomach was in knots. Sure didn't want her to puke during the test.
 I had no doubts she'd pass this certification test.
I'm not sure she was this nervous when she sat for the board exams to become a Registered Nurse. After 175 questions and 3 hours she called me all excited. SHE PASSED!    
... She's now a certified registered nurse in her Specialty of Maternal and Newborn Nursing. 
"RN-CI" WAY TO GO    So very proud of her!
So again I had big plans on keeping up with my posting at least weekly and so much my planning. I was banned from using going upstairs and that's where my sewing and computer are.  Since my last post I started PT for knee/hamstring and all seemed to be doing fine until a week ago and starting to walk without a crutch or cane. The physical therapist thought it time to up my treatment time. That didn't go so well. After my session as I walked to my car I started having some pain and by the time I got home I could hardly walk and the pain level was up to a 10. Next day I was using my crutch and still in pain.  This is all tiring and frustrating. I thought it would pass but it didn't so I went back to the doctor and ended up on a cortisone shot.  So that has helped the left side of my knee but not the right so much.
And since I'm posting this I did take one stair at a time very carefully.

This weekend I stayed home and off my knee as much as possible. The pain only comes on after I walk on it and it lasts 20-25 minutes.  As of right now the pain is only lasting 15 minutes. I think that's a good thing but I'm so tired of the pain. Okay enough of my whining.

Rock'n K update. The mini mansion reno has come to a complete halt. David is a working machine trying to get the property ready for some animals, watering trees, and mowing. He even bought some gates and hay rings. And now he's trying to decide what it's purpose will be once the house is done.  I say it should be his workshop and he's thinking a garden shed.  We'll see.  The house is moving along. 

  • plumbing roughed in
  • electrical roughed in
  • 1st layer of concrete stain down
  • and now the floors have been covered to protect until it's time for the next coat and sealer. I guess this happens closer to the end of construction.
  • and David told me the stone for the outside of the house is there. I think he said they'd start on it this week. I've even been banned from the uneven and rough ground at the farm. What can I say I'm a klutz and David knows it. 
Hopefully I get to go up the next weekend and see for myself any progress. For now David is sending me pictures. The floors look like they have big white tiles but its protective form board. The first picture he took he was in the den looking into the sewing room. The second one he is standing in the den looking towards the front door. 
You looking through the guest bath, the hall and Davids office on the left. And on the right is a piece of the kitchen and into our bedroom.  LOL I know you can't tell much from these but it's exciting for sure. 
Pamela came home to celebrate my Mom, her Mimi's birthday. She could only stay the night but at least she made it home. We've always made an effort to spend the day with Mom on her birthday. It was a good day. 
 I finished a quilt. I got it back from the quilters and was able to get the binding on. I'll share it in my next post. I hope to have given it to the recipient by then. And finished another top and have it in a box to send to the quilter. David was home and I came up stairs one step at a time.

Until next blog... Everything comes out right in the end, and if it isnt right, it isnt the end.



1 comment:

Linda said...

How fun to catch up with you on this Monday morning! I am so sorry about your knee! That has truly put a cramp in your lifestyle!
Congrats to Pam! And Happy Birthday to your mom! Love the pic of y’all!
Your home is going to be amazing! This is the third one I’ve had the privilege of seeing.....loved the first one. That’s when I met you and when you gave that big party for Amber and Mike when they left for Scotland! Remember when David relandscaped your already beautiful front yard? Then the house he bought on eBay! I came over with Amber and Mike to see it! Man! Did David do above and beyond on that one??? I could have lived nicely in your garage! And that huge covered patio! And now.....another mansion!
I will be praying for your knee, Carla.....
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - y’all live such a big life!!