Sunday, June 24, 2018

Love is/was in the air


  

💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘
So what did you do for Father's Day Weekend?
Our's started on Friday with David going to the doctor in Katy and I went to mine in Cypress. Annual check ups. David had a few hiccups but other than that He's doing okay. Or at least was. He developed this cough that every time he breaths he coughs. It's wearing him out. They think he might be having a reaction to his blood pressure meds that he's been on for years so it's time to change it. My visit went well. I was told all body parts were in the right place so that's a good thing.
We were staying home this weekend and not going to the farm. Things were a happenin and Love was in the Air I tell ya. 💘
I called David as I was pulling out of the Doctors parking lot to see what he was doing and he had just got back home. I offered up lunch and he chose Rudy's BBQ. After his appointment he ran a couple of errands like he ordered a barn door on hinges to use for our pantry. Love it. Not much has happened at the farm in the last 2 weeks. The framing is next but the framer has been out of town on another job. Cross our fingers that maybe he can come next week in between rain drops.
The rest of the afternoon we just hung out and chilled. This is something David rarely does. He keeps saying I should be doing something.  No, no you shouldn't, I tell him he's entitled to kick back and rest sometimes.
Pamela came in town but had plans that Friday night. So she dropped her fur baby off and headed to her friends for some fun.

I got up Saturday morning and slide a breakfast casserole in the oven so David could have a hot breakfast before Pamela and I headed out to run errands and lunch at the Whistle Stop Tea Room. Traffic was terrible out that Saturday. We couldn't be gone too long because we needed to get home to get ready for a wedding. I told you, Love was in the air.
That evening Our nephew Nathan and his long time girlfriend Jordan tied the knot. It was a lovely evening and they looked so happy. Loved wittnessing these two love birds make it official. We got to see family and old neighborhood friends. The wedding was in the Bride's Aunts backyard out in Sugarland. Turned out really pretty.  I'm guessing by now you're going where's the pictures..I've written a lot and not one picture. Well Here they come....   








The Kennedy Clan
Pictured L-R My nephews Kevin and Phillip, Brother in Law Thomas and his son Sterling, Glenda. The proud parents Lynn and Gary, Then Pamela, Me and David.
Someone snapped a picture of us with more family.
Most of us must have gotten a memo to wear blue. LOL Not really but there was a lot of blue
being worn at this wedding.
L-R  Brian and Pam (My Pamela was named after her), Gary and Lynn, Groom Parents, cousin Patty and Bob, Me Pamela and David
And here comes the beautiful Bride with her Dad Richard.



The two girls on the left are our nieces Kendal and Shelby, the grooms sisters. The first young lady is Taylor, Jordan's sister.
 
To Have and To Hold                         You may kiss your bride
Introducing the new MR and MRS

Nathan and Jordan with her parents, Alice and Richard
May they be as happy as they were at the wedding for many years into the future. 

Woke up Father's Day Sunday and had breakfast with my honey. Let him open my gifts to him.  Pamela slept in and came downstairs later and gave him her presents and visited. 
Then we took him to Lupe Tortilla's for lunch. We waited about 5 minutes to long to go. LOL
We kept noticing these clouds and how dark they were saying hopefully we'll get inside before the rain comes.  Well that didn't quite happen. Pamela jumped out of the car as soon as I parked and ran. Just as David and I got out of the car it started pouring. Just awesome. By the time I got inside water was running down my face. I looked like a drenched rat, big time. David and Pamela got a good laugh. All in all we had a good lunch and I ended up with lots of left overs for lunches next week. 
Pamela snapped this picture of us before we left Lupes. Oh it had stopped raining by the we sat down to eat of course so taking a picture when we left was no problem.
Well that's it for now.
Next post will have Rock'n K update

Until then....“There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.” ~Martin Luther








No comments: