Thursday, November 17, 2016

Noooooo!!!

Okay I am so upset, mad, frustrated, mad crazy mad. GRRRRR. I know I did it. Yep me all by myself. I may just cry. I had in my mind what I wanted to write about and share but oh no that can't totally happen because between me and my memory card I've lost all my pictures from the show! All but a couple I had on my phone. And to top it off some of the pictures from this weekends 1st Birthday party are messed up. So it's time to get a new memory card obviously or a new me. I'm sure my husband is shaking his head going skip the memory card and get a new you. Thanks Honey.
This is a selfie I took to post on facebook when I got to the show.  
Photo by Suzanne Gilbride
I was so excited too because as a member of IQA I got in at 8:30am before the crowd and I was able to take pictures of the quilts without any issues. And the award winning Cynthia England was there and showing her quilt and talking to the few of us standing there admiring her quilt. It was so cool. On the back of her quilt she had pieced a school of fish. 
Not every one got to see that.  Her quilt is titled "Reflections of Cape Town" She said it took about a year to make and had about 8400 individual pattern pieces. WOW. It's hand appliqued and machine quilted. It's her original design from a photo she took.
So all the beautiful quilts are in my head and I can't share the quilt with 80,000 tiny pieces or the one with all the 3D fish that I thought interesting, or all the beautiful textures and colors. Whayyyyy. I can't even share my picture of Jenny Doan from Missouri Star that I got to meet and talk to. She was so nice and we had a good laugh over me not realizing she was only 30 miles down the road from my hometown. And it took my brother-in-law to point it out to me when I was home in Missouri visiting. And did y'all realize Jenny is 6 foot tall? She has all her furniture built taller. LOL. So she said when her short friends like Susan Daly (who was sitting next to her doing paper piecing in the Riley Blake Booth) their feet don't touch the floor and they laughed. 
I also got to meet Rob who is on her show often and I took a selfie with him. He's very fun and personable just like on TV. 
I guess I should have taken a selfie with Jenny then I would have still had her picture. At least I still have Rob's.  If you click on his name it will take you to his Holiday napkin tutorial.

photo by Suzanne Gilbride
 Another quick quilt picture I borrowed from my friend Suzanne was this one of all the pillows called "Silk Road Sampler" by Melissa Sobotka out of Richardson, Texas. They look real. I thought I was in Pier 1. This was also her original design using fused applique and machine quilting.

So much to see and do at the quilt show. I saw lots of people and so many beautiful quilts and lots of vendors with spiffy gadgets and do-dads to make a quilters easier and fun. Right? I bought a ruler to make snowball blocks that I think was easier than the accuquilt die cut because I didn't have to deal with the 2 1/2 half inch square triangles. There was all kinds of things just waiting to take my money...but not all if it.. LOL
By the time I got home it was after 7pm and I had to feed my pup, load my car, feed me, gas up my car and head to College Station. The next day was to be the 2nd Round Robin Hand Off. I can't show pictures of that until we're all done and that will be about a year away but I can say that everyone in the group did an awesome job getting that first border on everyone's medallion. 
What I can show you is the quilt that Denise just finished for her
 Mother who retired a few years back. It turned out just awesome. As you can see by the smile her Mother, Delores was thrilled. 

Denise did a great job. She had a few blocks left over and added them to the back which worked out great.

On that Sunday Pamela and I hit Messina Hof Winery which just happens to be literally right around the corner from her house to attend a small craft show and maybe check out some wine. We might have even bought a bottle or two. Then we had lunch and ran errands. We got a call from David saying the sky was looking pretty dark up at the farm and he was wondering what it was doing in Bryan. At that moment it was cloudy, but as we drove back to Pamela's house the sky's opened up. 
And then David sent us these pictures from the farm.  



The rain was just pouring off the Mini Mansion and 



you could hardly see across the property. Awesome now it starts raining. Now when David is going to have to start pumping out the pond to have it dug out and cleaned up. Figures.

This is one of those posts of a Little of this and a Little of That.  The gal that does my 
hair is very talented. Not only does she do hair but she can do awesome Halloween makeup. She loves Halloween. 
My Niece the Tiny Dance was crowned this past Saturday as the new Miss Pony Express Outstanding Teen. Her personal platform is anti-bullying. This girl is something else. She can interview with the best of them, has talent and she's kinda cute but then I could be biased. Couldn't be prouder. Her journey will take her to Mexico next year.


Well that's it for now unless I find a way to recover my quilt show pictures which I haven't yet.
Oh I almost forgot... the winner of my orphan snowball blocks is fellow blogger Karen of KAHolly. I'll be emailing her shortly for an address so I can mail her the blocks. Thanks everyone for participating via blog comments or email.  Keep watching I'll have another one. 
Until next blog...Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.



1 comment:

Kate said...

You always have an interesting post, Carla. Good luck recovering your photos - technology can be so frustrating at times.