Thursday, October 11, 2012

Daddy Tom Cat away Momma Cat went to Play

Daddy Tom Cat away Momma Cat went to Play
Well sorta. David had to go out of town on business for a couple of days and Jesse Dayton was gonna be at Puffabelly’s in Old Town Spring with Davin James last night. Bummer.
Then I got to thinking “Hey wait a minute that doesn’t mean I can’t go right?’ So when David called me late yesterday afternoon I asked if he would mind if I went ahead and went to the show. Of course he didn’t mind but I still ran it by him.

Jesse Dayton in Black           Davin James with hat

Now I didn’t want to go by myself so at the last minute I asked a couple of people if they’d like to meet me out at Puffabelly’s. Yay, my long time friend and former co-worker Deborah Marxsen  said ‘sure!’ It was her first time to be at Puffabelly’s and hear Davin and Jesse. She was in for a treat. And she loved it.
 Not only does Puffabelly’s provide great live music by Davin James who ever his guest is each Wednesday they have great food. Word of warning the pickles are sour sour but good and the jalapeno’s OMG the burn.  I tried to warn Deborah that the jalapeno’s were HOT but she just thought I was being a wimp.  Picture of laughter I have to say it….. I Told You So. I bet you’ll listen to me next time. Even with the 4 slices she shared with me added flames to my mushroom cheeseburger. 



Davin and Jesse have known each other for a long time and even roomed together a long time ago so they had plenty of material to draw from and talk about between songs.  


Jesse
 

They can rock the house with their guitar picking and songs. They’re a little bit honky tonk and a little bit rockabilly. I had only seen these guys in the small intimate settings of Puffabelly’s until Labor day when David and I saw Jesse in Austin @ the Broken Spoke with his band. Talk about rockin the house. Wow.
Now in December David and I hope to go to see Davin with his band in action in Ft Worth while we're checking out the sites. Davin told me last night it’s a fun time and they rock the house.     Can’t wait.
Jan H. next time they play together I’ll let you know.

You need to check these guys out you won't be disappointed.
Just click on their names here and it will take you to their sites to find their tour dates.
Jesse Dayton
You'll also be able to hear some of their songs
Deborah took a couple of pictures of me and the guys. Thanks Deborah and thanks for joining me. Remind me not to post things on Facebook when It’s late and I’m really tired. My daughter texted me and asked if I was tipsy. Nope, not even close.

Me and Jesse.
 I probably wouldn't have asked if Deborah hadn't suggested she take a picture of us. Thanks again girl friend.

Not sure what happened to the exposure on the  one to the right. Darn.
 
 













Me and Davin





What a fun time!

Until next blog.... 
The trouble is if you don’t spend your life yourself, other people spend it for you. ~Peter Shaffer
 








5 comments:

Handywoman said...

Sounds like you had a great time...we love to go out and listen to bands but mostly we go to Karaoke..I don't sing but hubby loves to!

Gayle said...

I'm so glad you got to go and just decided to go for it!!

Anonymous said...

I'd have to go along with with you one this subject. Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to speak my mind!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Carla: Thanks for following the Cottage and now I'm your newest follower. You sound like so much fun, a very different life from mine, being you are country and I'm city (now) but I did grow up in the country. Never been to a honky-tonk (but think I would love it) went to see Garth Brooks once and Johnny Cash came to our town once. Anyway, I am looking forward to reading more from you..Happy Thursday..Judy

Monkeytheboy said...

Whoa! For a country girl, you sure did a lot of HTML adding on this page! NICE! You get the Monkey seal of approval! ;D