Thursday, May 19, 2011

Blogging


I have found something new to occupy my time on the computer and keep me away from my many projects around the house and sewing room...Blogging. Blogs and more blogs Oh My! They’re everywhere about everything or nothing. I used to be one of those Farmville addicts on Facebook but now I'd rather blog. Be it reading or writing. My blog reading list keeps growing. There doesn’t seem to be enough time to read all the social, interesting, fun filled, and informing blogs out there and I can't seem to stop reading when I start.  I set my blog up on my own thru trial and error. I'm still in learning mode and each time I log in I figure out something new .
 Like many bloggers when I sign in it goes to my dashboard that shows my 2 blogs that I created and then it shows a snippet of the most recent posts of blogsI follow.  Before I figured this out I was going to each blog and to see if they had posted anything new. Can you say time consuming?
Two Blogs caught my attention recently.
  • Sew
    Many Ways
    blog author, Karen provided step by step instructions on how to be a reader and follower. Like how to post comments, and how to not be anonoymus when you post a comment. I mean if you make a comment on a blog it's nice to get a reply back from the author sometimes and that can't happen if your settings aren't set up right. It made me go back and look at some of my settings.  Here's the link from Sew Many Ways that gives you step by step instructions if you're interested.  http://sewmanyways.blogspot.com/2011/05/dont-be-lurker-anonymous-or-no-reply.html
  • The second site that caught my attention was about Blog Envy by Shabby Blogs. I thought wow that’s how I feel when I read all the blogs in Blogger land.  I’ll be reading a blog and think WOW this blog is so much better than mine. I’m always worrying if what I write is interesting or who gives a flip what I write about but then it hits me, I'm blogging for Me. Shabby Blogs says that we need to drop those feelings of envy and write for ourselves but that evil little bugger creeps into my mind often while reading a really good blog.  Go here if you want to read more about Blog Envy…. http://shabbyblogsblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/just-say-no-to-blog-envy.html
This is me and this is what I want to write about, A Little of This and A Little of That. You just never know what I may write about but hopefully I share something about myself you never knew or I can entertain you in some way or form but if not oh well I tried.

So Until Next Blog  ………. “Don’t focus on having a great blog. Focus on producing a blog that’s great for your readers.” (Brian Clark) 

Or just great for yourself.
   .•*´¨ ) ¸.•*¨) -:¦:-
(¸.•´(¸ ;.•
Carla.

3 comments:

Linda said...

SWhat a great post!! How informative. I notice that some people comment on my blog ....it goes to my google acct. email. and then when I try to reply back to them it comes up 'nonreply'....I am going to check out BOTH of the sites you recommended. And I, for one, am always interested in WHATEVER you have to say!

sgw123 said...

I read somewhere that the key to a good blog is like taking care of a pet....feed & water it every day! So I see you are pretty close to doing that!

bj said...

Hi, Carla..so glad to meet you and thanks so much for stopping over at my place.
I hope you love blogging as much as I do. O, I get tired of it sometimes..especially this time of year when 4 of our grandgirls are playing softball..keeps us busy.
I am signing up to follow and hope you come back to see me soon.
xoxo bj