Thursday, June 30, 2022

Father's Day - Early Celebration

In 1987 David got to celebrate his first Father's Day. He had the help of Nikki and Natasha making sure he took care of that new little girl.  This little girl loves her Daddy. 
Her first steps were running to her Daddy. And she hasn't stopped running. She's always got somewhere to go.

That little girl has grown up and still loves her Daddy. Now they share their love of wine and beer and harassing me. LOLI 
I love him too.
Pamela had to work Father's Day weekend so we celebrated David on Friday the 17th. We took him to Koppe Bridge Bar & Grill for lunch. It was really good. They each had burgers of some kind but I got fish tacos. I ate some of the tortilla but mostly I ate the fish. Very tasty and a lot of food. 
After lunch we took him to Black Water Draw Brewing Company for a beer. I carried my jug of water in. I was to be the DD if anyone got drunk.  No chance of that this time. They were so full that one beer filled them up. I think we were all ready for a nap.
David did want to run to Farm Patch to pick up some veggies I'll be needing for canning next week and a couple plants. They have the best looking veggies and plants. They are a little more pricy but worth it.

We think he enjoyed his day with his two favorite girls. We took Pamela back home and he got some grand floofs loving from Bri and Sophie and then we headed home. 
On Sunday for Father's Day I took David out to eat so he wasn't neglected on the actual date. Love you David.

David has built us several raised garden beds and the tomatoes are red and his a picking them like crazy and it's my job to get them canned.  They became 12 jars of spaghetti sauce and still working on the salsa but at that time I had made like 18 jars of salsa. And there is still more tomatoes. I even gave some away.  
I used some of that spaghetti sauce to make a fast and easy Eggplant Pizzette aka Eggplant Parmagenia for supper one night. It's not heavily breaded or fried. It's baked. And the eggplant was from David's garden. It was so good!
I didn't eat the whole piece. My stomach said 'no'. So about 3/4 the way through or so David my left overs.



Bruno baby is such a Daddy's boy.  Daddy went out to pick some more tomatoes and Bruno hung out by the back door.  And after about 5 minutes he went and climbed up into David's recliner to wait.  He's the first dog we've had in years that actually enjoys laying in the grass.  And he loves to play with the cows n Jerry through the fence.



David decided to walk out to the mailbox and let Bruno go with him. I was worried because the cows were in the pasture next to the drive and the only thing separately him there is barbed wire that we know he can go under.  Bruno was a very good boy. He stayed with David up to the cattle guard then went exploring further in the area he was at. The couple times he started towards the fence line where the cows were David would tell him No and Bruno listened.  LOL

Well I'll end the month with this post. 
Oh and on my last post the AC guy was supposed to come fix our 2nd AC on the 25th. He came and found out the compressor wasn't the only issue. Sooo he left to order more parts that hopefully will be in Thursday or Friday and put us back on the schedule to get us fixed.  Wish us luck....
Until next post....No matter how much you push the envelope,

it'll still be stationery




No comments: