Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Slow going January

 I normally make quilts for gifts but this one I finished for me. It wasn't made quickly or without it's share of errors. I collected bluebonnet fabric for almost 2 years. With my daughter Pamela's help I decided on the design and started cutting and then sewing. Lilley helped too by approving the quilt. 

My quilt is now totally complete and on the bed in the Texas Guest room.  Donna @ Donna's Lavender Nest quilted it with bluebonnets all over.  It looks so awesome. 

Can you see the bluebonnets quilted on the quilt. Now I need to make a new dust ruffle, pillow cases and some kind of valence for the window. 
I think it's perfect for the bed.  I love it. 
Pamela's pup Sophie decided she liked a sweatshirt that was on the bench in her bed room. So guess who Pamela asked to fix,..... yep me.  I'm not good at mending but Pamela gave me permission to patch it with some sunflower fabric. I did a sloppy satin stitch to hold it in place. Now I'm going back over the stiches. Not my kind of fun. LOL  I may add some yellow thread for... well because I can. 
For Christmas Pamela bought me a puzzle and we worked on it for almost a day and a half then she went home leaving me with this undone puzzle. Uggh. I haven't worked real hard on it since she left. I'll pass by and maybe spend 30 minutes and in that time if I'm lucky I'm able to place 6-8 pieces where they belong.  This darn thing is difficult.  She needs to come back and help me. LOL  Tonight I gave up after 7 pieces and went to drink wine on the patio with David.
         
We had happy hour for the first time in awhile. The moon came up big and full. My picture doesn't do it justice but it was so beautiful to look at, I had to try. 

In case you've wondered. And like everything else this isn't correct any more. Inflation hit quilting too.
That's it for now. 
Until next blog post... 

6 comments:

Linda said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL quilt!!!
Love catching up with you on the Rockin' K!
We are home for three weeks.....what with the holidays and going back and forth to the ranch and one thing after another - I need time to nest here at home and regroup. Then we shall begin again.....

Annie said...

Your quilt looks marvelous! I like the mix of some bright colors in with all the blues. I love a good jigsaw puzzle and that one looks fun. You’ve been left with the hard parts. Pamela went home when the fun parts were done. Doesn’t that just figure. Haha

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Carla. I hate putting puzzles together. For some things I have a lot of patience but not puzzles for some reason. Your quilt is beautiful and looks so pretty on the bed. Looks like you did a pretty good job of patching. Good thing Mom is always around, right?..Happy Thursday..xxoJudy

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Gorgeous quilt and I love the quilting as well.

Pam Jackson said...

Hi Carla,
The quilt is beautiful! I hope we can get together soon in Austin or at your place. Love catching up with you by reading your blogs.
Pam

Lisa Roper said...

The bluebonnet quilt looks even more amazing on the bed! Love the Texas Guest Room!! Can’t wait to see the Rocking K in person. Love to all y’all!