Sunday, March 10, 2019

It's Birthday Time


So it's that time of year where Pamela and I celebrate our birthdays together. Friday March 1st we drove to Tomball to get our hair cut and colored. It's an hour and half drive for me and an hour for Pamela but we love our stylist Brittany @ Trendsetters.  We also dropped her car off at the repair shop we trust and have gone to for years for a break job. 



So we wouldn't have to drive home and then back again on Saturday we stayed the night @with Marlaina and Josh's house.
We picked up her car in late afternoon before going to dinner with Marlaina, Josh and their son Thomas. We went to eat at an Italian restaurant called Marvino's. It was really good.

We were entertained by their adorable 3 year. If you show him a dinosaur he'll tell you what kind it is. The boy knows his dinosaurs.
  He loves his Aunty Pam and she him.






Then back at the house they decided a shot of Fireball was needed  to start the celebrations. 
Yum.
They also gave me a bottle of wine for my birthday.
Perfect since I went off and forgot my wine to take to our Painting with a Twist gathering on Saturday.



They gave Pamela some wine glasses you chill in the freezer and this very appropriate key chain.  Pamela loves her puppies.
LOL





Got up on Saturday, got dressed, and went to lunch at James Conley Island. Then we had to run to Sam's to get a fruit tray and some yummy brownies to share at Painting with a Twist with our friends.


Saturday the 2nd was Pamela's birthday. She looked beautiful as usual.





Love this girl to pieces.  This girl is our pride and joy.  She's smart, funny and beautiful.

This is Nancy and Michelle former co-workers, Miss them but not enough to go back to work or leave the farm. I'll just have to go visit when I can and they will need to come to the farm. So happy they were able to come celebrate with Pamela and I.









Even my boss came out to paint with us. These guys were my office family and we all became friends.  And my long time friend and sorority sister Gigi made it out.  Now that I'm looking at my pictures I can't believe I don't have one of my other long time friend and sorority sister Sheryl. I'm bad.  

But yeah Pamela got a picture of her cute cookies she made to share with everyone. She started a cookie business called Country Cottage. You can click on the name to see her other cookies.
They're pretty darn tasty too.
This is Marlaina with us. 


And this is our awesome hair stylist Brittany.
And this is some more crazy friends. Samara and Susie
 Here's the whole gang and the finished product. Even after drinking wine everyone did a great job. Can't thank Marlaina enough for her hospitality and this gang of friends for coming out to help Pamela and I celebrate our birthday. It means a lot to us.
The painting is over and time to run a couple more errands.
Marlaina was at our mercy since she was riding with us. We went to R-tic on 290 since they were having a 40% off sale.  My money stayed in my pocket. LOL
Next stop was to drop off the quilt I made for my great nephew Oliver.  This is the quilt I posted in my last blog with our donkey photo bombing.  My niece wasn't home but her mom and dad took the quilt to hang on to for her.

I hope Oliver gets a lot of use out of it.

After this I drove the girls back to Marlaina's where Pamela was going to stay another night to celebrate with her friends and I drove back to the farm to spend time with the hubby before he went back to work on Monday.






I can't forget the other female in our family had a
birthday too. Lilley's birthday was March 4th.

She got a pig's ear for her birthday. LOL
She's our pretty fur ball of joy.

Check out this cute birthday card that my friend Margie made for me.
She's very talented. She's the retreat owner for RR Retreats by Margie in LaGrange. In fact I'm going there on the 10th. Can't wait!
On Tuesday the 5th I celebrated my birthday.  I got up and picked Pamela up for breakfast at First Watch then we drove to my Mom and Joe's in Montgomery, TX. I've always spent my birthday with my Mom. We visited with them for a couple of hours then we headed to Houston to meet David for dinner at our favorite restaurant to celebrate special occasions...
The Taste of Texas.  The food there is so good. We all always over eat at the salad bar but then that's okay because that means I'll have left over steak for lunch later. So delicious. David treated us very well. After dinner David went to his luxury accommodations near his office While Pamela and I drove back to College Station. I was thinking I'd spend the night but we got back early enough I decided to drive back to the farm. It was just another 30 minutes further. I grabbed my Lilley girl and we drove home.

We got free desserts for our birthday and then we shared them with David. Pamela got the apple cinnamon dumpling with cinnamon ice cream and I got the key lime cheese cake with an apricot drizzle. More left overs for me. They took a bite of the cheese cake and ate the apple dumpling and I brought home most of my cheese cake. Worked for me.

Thursday afternoon the weather was awesome so Lilley and I went outside to hang and enjoy the weather. While out Jerry decided he needed love and attention.
 
LOL I'm like a new mother with all the baby pictures. Oops sorry.
 I finally had my camera ready but my lens still wasn't long enough to be able catch a great shot but at least this time you can see the vibrate blue color on this guy. 
Life is good on the farm.

Well I better go finish packing for quilt retreat.  By the time this posts I'll be sewing away.
Until next blog....Retirement, a time to enjoy all the things you never had time to do when you worked. — ...









No comments: