Thursday, July 5, 2018

The good The bad and it could have been ugly

The Good    Wow what a weekend. So how did you start your weekend? Pamela had a wedding in Denton on the 30th so she decided to go up early and visit her friends Spenser and Zach in Ft Worth and baby Ellis. 
So that meant she needed a baby Dogsitter for my Furry Grand dog Sophie. So I got off work Thursday and headed to Bryan. David had to work Friday so he came up after work. 
What a beautiful Bride and the rest of the girls were as beautiful as the bride. All 5 are nurses. 

The BadSo the drive was fine except Lilley got a little antsy about 20 miles before we got to Pamela's house. No clue what her problem was. Normally she sits or lays down until I say "we're here". We get to Pamela's and I get her out of the car and walk her in first before unloading the car. Sounded like a good idea. The girls went crazy they were so happy to see each other. I close the door and start walking in to turn off the alarm and then it happened.....somehow I tripped over Lilley and tried not to step on her but could stop. My feet and body were being propelled toward then kitchen where I promptly knocked off the candle jar on the entry table and down I went. I landed on my left knee and elbow before the right side made contact with the floor. I was shaking so hard and I couldn't get up for a minute. This whole time Pamela's alarm is sounding and now it's going into countdown mode and about that time I'm getting a text message whistle only I couldn't answer because I left my phone in the car. I was sure Pamela was getting alarm alerts and she's checking to see if it's me only I was shaking so bad and weak I couldn't get help up. Could have been ugly.
I was beginning to think that I'd just have to wait for the cops to get there to get up. 
Finally I got my left leg up and slowing the rest of the body followed. I slowly wobbled over and shut the alarm off. Apparently I did it before they called the cops.  
I got a glass of water and sat down for about 10 minutes. Taking slow deep breaths. I finally felt well enough to walk out to the car to get my phone and bag.

I called Pamela to tell her what had happened and about the broken candle jar. Then David was calling because I hadn't called to let him know I made it. They both got worried I had broken something, Just the candle jar. I took several Alieves and a glass of wine in between. I was actually able to get up out of bed Friday morning. Went and had my tires balanced and rotated and ran to get my nails done. Time to head back to Pamela's house to meet David. We had a meeting with our builder Bubba to see about stained concrete flooring and lights. Lots of lights. OH MY.
So we're with Bubba at the lighting show room and I'm telling him that I've gotten about 15 emails from David in the last day and half with hundreds of lighting choices. My brain was on overload but at least in the show room seeing the various lighting choices there was easier. 
Then just as we were leaving Bubba goes "you're not gonna like me" and hands me not 1 but 4 huge catalogs of lighting choices. He starts laughing. Man! At least I don't have to give my choice for another couple of weeks. I think next week we'll go look at stone and we'll need to make that decision then and possibly paint color which I think we've got that choice narrowed down to 2. The wine bottle is there to give you an idea how big the stack of books are.  mmm may need to drink that bottle soon. Maybe I'll take it to Austin while we do some visiting over the 4th.
After our meeting we head back to Pamela's. When we pull into the garage David gets a call from his doctors office and he A1C is up and they wanted to talk medications. I sat in the car for a few minutes as he told them that they haven't provided him with the necessary meds to help control it and that he had zero meds for anything right now because they had put off re-filling until his appointment last week. So he was still talking so I got out of the car, grabbed some things out of the back seat, left the car running for the AC while he talked and went inside before the girls tore up the door into the garage knowing we were home.
He comes in and takes a nap and so did I. Well I laid down with the pups but I couldn't ever really nap because I kept thinking of all our possibly choices. 
We got up after about an hour to go to dinner. We gave the girls a treat and went into the garage to jump into my car. Put the Key in and .......NOTHING. Well the dash lights came on, the AC power on but there was nothing from the engine. Not even a click... REALLY!
David tried a few tricks but Nothing. So he pulled the battery out and we jumped into his truck and went to dinner at his favorite place the Cotton Patch. I like the place too. And after dinner we run to Autozone to have the battery tested. They took the battery and told us to come back in an hour. What choice did we have. While they were doing their thing with the battery we went to Home Depot to pick up some items needed when we headed to the farm the next morning. 
Got back to Autozone an hour later and the diagnoses was we needed a new battery. Really we got this one in January 2018. That's crazy but again what choice do we have if I want to get home Sunday afternoon.  Lovely ending to basically what was a good day. 

On Saturday (6/30) we got up and had breakfast. David headed to the farm first and I followed an hour later in my now running car. We were anxious to see what progress they made on the house. We knew they had started the rafters.
WOW  Okay now the place looks BIG.  LOL..   This is front view of the house. To the left is the car port, garage with 2 windows, then the rest is house.








This is the back view.
And this is looking at the car port into the garage. That's a steel header on the car port and there's another one at the garage.




Most awesome thing happened on Sunday while we were sitting on the porch having lunch. Actually we had finished but we sat there looking across the property and the house. David: goes did you that?   Me: See What?  David: That bird that landed on the stair rail.
Me: What did it look like? David: It was bright and colorful. I've never seen anything like it. It was blue, red, yellow, green etc.  
Me: Really! Did it look like this? I pulled up this picture on the Internet...... Is it beautiful.. It's a painted bunting. How exciting.. I hope it returns for us to enjoy again.

The adventures keep coming.


That's it for today. 
Until next blog...  "Draw your chair up...and I'll tell you  a story..." ~ 
F. Scott Fitzgerald



3 comments:

Linda said...

Wow!!! You really pack a lot in your every day!!!
So glad you didn’t break a bone in your fall. Love getting to keep up with you and all your shenanigans through the blog!!

Hootin Anni said...

Good grief! That fall could've been a lot worse! Thank goodness the wine was near by!!!

I remember back in the day we had a house built to our specifications...a stressful, but oh so fun time.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Carla, when it rains it pours!! So glad you only broke the candle jar! and Thank heavens for wine!!! Glad you are OK and the house is really coming along. How exciting and hope you see lots of that bird. What a little beauty..Happy Thursday..xxoJudy