Friday, March 21, 2014

Engergizer Bunny still going

Not sure that I'm an energizer bunny but I keep on going.  At least for a while longer. So last I wrote was going to see my daughter for her birthday on March 2 so the celebration continues. On Tuesday the 4th I go to my quilt guild meeting and of course see all kinds of pretty quilts. Our guest speaker that night was Peggy Baldwin. 
She had some really cool story quilts she shared with us.  If you went to the Houston Quilt Festival you would have seen all the quilts with cows. They were really cute with a play on words.
We'd been having pleasant weather then it turned cold. Icy cold on Tuesday. Our garage was frozen shut as was David's truck.
Plus we had no power. And they didn't call school off this time. The roads were clear but it wasn't so operational around my place. I waited until closer to 10 and David was able to get the garage and his truck open but the power didn't come on until closer to 1 or 2 I was told.
Then Wednesday was my birthday and I was crowned for the day. I work with a great group of people. My office cubicle was decorated and there was food, cake and cards. 

Oh and maybe a present or two.

My friend Samara bought me flowers. Aren't they gorgeous? 
When I got home David had cooked Chili for supper. It was Yummy and warm.

As part of mine and Pamela's birthday present David buys us tickets to Ladies Night Out at the

It's a fun Thursday night of all the food drinks, and other fun activities you can partake. One of my favorite drinks there is the Milk Punch. Sounds Yucky, well let me tell you it's not.
A Milk Punch consists of Milk and Brandy (Crown can be substitutes) and maybe some chocolate syrup.  Normally we get a hotel room and stay the night near the rodeo but this year we just came home because we were going to take off for the hill country on Friday.
We took pictures with my sorority sisters. 

we got tatoo's. The closest I'll ever get to getting a tatoo. They were suppose to last 5 days. Mine lasted almost 9 days but I scrubbed it off one night in the shower. Then I had a red blotch for 2 days from rubbing so hard. 

Friday morning we got up grabbed our bags and Pamela and I were off to the Hill Country but first we had to grab my Mom. This was going to be a Girls Weekend of fun, winery hopping, shopping and seeing the sights. It rained on us most of the way there off and on but we still managed to have fun being silly in the car.
We stayed at the Fredericksburg Inn which is pretty nice except that this time they had checked us out of our room Saturday and upgraded us supposedly to a suite. Funny we didn't know that. We found this out when we called for towels since the maid never came. Got that straightened out Thank Goodness.
We leisurely shopped on Saturday and had lunch at Hondo's. Mine and Pamela's food was pretty tasty but they over cooked my mom's.
Check out this chicken sandwich Pamela ordered...  She cut that in two and had enough chicken for a 2nd sandwich. It was huge!  After lunch we headed to a couple of wineries for wine tasting. Pamela and I tasted the wine while my mom shopped around at the various items around the winery.  It was a cold and windy day so we couldn't just go sit out on the patio, drink wine and enjoy the view..
Pamela had never been to Luckenbach so after a couple of wineries we drove to Luckenbach.

Gigi you're not allow alone.... Pamela was not fond of the rooster and chickens. LOL
 She didn't get to see them climb the trees though.  

After this we headed to Sisterdale for our last winery stop. On the way we hit the rain. Heavy rain and lightning. That lightning seemed really close. Those 20 miles seemed like 50 but we made it. 
That evening Pamela and I went to the Navajo Grill for a bite to eat. My mom can't eat after 2 or 3 unless she wants to deal with severe re-flux. I think the prices went up since David, I and the Taco Bell Gang went there but we were disappointed in the flavor or quantity.
Sunday Morning our girls week end was coming to an end. We got up and had  breakfast then headed back home. 
David ended our week long celebration by taking Pamela and I to the Taste of Texas for dinner. OMG soooo Yummy. Our dessert was apple pie with cinnamon ice cream. Put a folk in us and we'd pop.
Pamela had to head back home on Tuesday so she could go back to work.
David and I were suppose to go to Puffabelly's to see Mike Blakley but he was tired and to be honest so was I but we did make it to Main Street Crossing the next night to see Radney Foster. Our Friends the Harper's joined us. Great evening of music and friends. 

Well that covers the first 13 days of March. LOL and two days later I'm off again for 4 days of quilting and laughter. I'll save that for my next post.

Until next Blog post....Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, Zip-a-dee-ay, my oh my what a Wonderful Day(s)

No comments: